Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Just received the Astro Clone from fasttech.

Well it's cracking.

How long did it take to arrive? Im thinking of ordering one of those or a Bagua Telescopic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

BeansBeans wrote: »
    How long did it take to arrive? Im thinking of ordering one of those or a Bagua Telescopic.
    Ordered on the 8th of november and it arrived today so just under a month.It was sitting in Hong Kong for a while though,apparently they are sending their stuff out through singapore now though to make shipping quicker so you might be lucky.

Ah ok thanks, ah sure I'm in no rush for it really. Ordered it tonight anyway. :D

I just got an Anyvape Davide BDC today, uses the Aspire bottom dual coils (im pretty sure) and its fantastic, so far at least. But I have never seen a clearo as good as this. I generally hate clearos, I bought a puro tank due to the glass tube, hated it for the most part :p
    But the aspire heads are amazing, and they're in a nice looking tank now. They crackle a bit as well like a nice carto :D

I'm amazed by this thing, nice looking tank and the heads are fantastic.

Also got some Rudolph Sparkle Juice, oh I missed this amazing stuff :D Could not leave it sit for a few days, had to vape it now, oh i love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I just got an Anyvape Davide BDC today, uses the Aspire bottom dual coils (im pretty sure) and its fantastic, so far at least. But I have never seen a clearo as good as this. I generally hate clearos, I bought a puro tank due to the glass tube, hated it for the most part :p
    But the aspire heads are amazing, and they're in a nice looking tank now. They crackle a bit as well like a nice carto :D

I'm amazed by this thing, nice looking tank and the heads are fantastic.

Also got some Rudolph Sparkle Juice, oh I missed this amazing stuff :D Could not leave it sit for a few days, had to vape it now, oh i love it.
    Been watching people's reactions to that and they seem very positive indeed, apart from gurgling/leaking problems that may well be teething ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, they seem to be the real deal alright, based on the reviews.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Been watching people's reactions to that and they seem very positive indeed, apart from gurgling/leaking problems that may well be teething ones.

Oh the leaking and gurgling is one of the reasons i hate clearos, seemingly cant be avoided. None yet so far, but it just works so well i dont think it would phase me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Nemesis clone and fogger atomiser arrived today, ordered on the 14th November from fasttech. 3 weeks is not bad.

So far I'm pretty happy with the nemesis, the switch is not fantastic but I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit with use. Much lighter than the sigelei 19b I have, definitely worth the money.

Haven't set the fogger up yet, definitely won't be using the manky looking mesh and coil that's in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Ordered on the 8th of november and it arrived today so just under a month.It was sitting in Hong Kong for a while though,apparently they are sending their stuff out through singapore now though to make shipping quicker so you might be lucky.

Just wondering why packages going out via Singapore tend to get delivered faster? I've heard this said a few times but don't know why.

Of my two orders from F/T, one has already been shipped, the other not yet (both ordered on same day btw) - be great to have it all in by Christmas day...Christmas pressies from moi to moi - I'd just SHAKE with happiness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

rickyjb wrote: »
    Nemesis clone and fogger atomiser arrived today, ordered on the 14th November from fasttech. 3 weeks is not bad.

So far I'm pretty happy with the nemesis, the switch is not fantastic but I'm hoping it will loosen up a bit with use. Much lighter than the sigelei 19b I have, definitely worth the money.

Haven't set the fogger up yet, definitely won't be using the manky looking mesh and coil that's in there.
    First thing I did with the switch is take out the small spring and make the big spring into a kinda cone shape with the widest side at the bottom so the coils of the spring aren't grinding against each other. I also sanded down the little brass pin so its no longer sitting crooked.
    The switch is 100% better now but I ordered magnets from DX before I got the nemmy so I'll see how they work.

I also got the fogger, fantastic yoke but a bit of a whore to build. Make sure you wash it completely before you use it because mine came covered in oil and after washing it I can still taste oil!

• Advertisement

csi vegas wrote: »
    Just wondering why packages going out via Singapore tend to get delivered faster? I've heard this said a few times but don't know why.

Of my two orders from F/T, one has already been shipped, the other not yet (both ordered on same day btw) - be great to have it all in by Christmas day...Christmas pressies from moi to moi - I'd just SHAKE with happiness :D

Hong Kong post is like the Bermuda triangle, stuff going missing then turning up again, stuff being returned to sender for no reason, etc., etc. Im still waiting on stuff from the beginning of October but stuff I ordered at the end of October arrived weeks ago.
    I think if you have a shipping no. you will receive it.....eventually :-)
    Did you have batteries or liquid in the order that has not shipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I ordered some bits on the 14th and 18th. Both orders were for.around $30 of stuff.

Both arrived in Ireland today, am I likely to get hit for vat?

I ordered some bits on the 14th and 18th. Both orders were for.around $30 of stuff.

Both arrived in Ireland today, am I likely to get hit for vat?

Personally I doubt it. You will find out on Monday or Tuesday :-)

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Hong Kong post is like the Bermuda triangle, stuff going missing then turning up again, stuff being returned to sender for no reason, etc., etc. Im still waiting on stuff from the beginning of October but stuff I ordered at the end of October arrived weeks ago.
    I think if you have a shipping no. you will receive it.....eventually :-)
    Did you have batteries or liquid in the order that has not shipped?

Thanks Chrome. Hope yours arrives this very week! It's almost painful waiting on something from so far away. I've got the jitters after only eight days... Didn't order any liqs or batts, no, I wouldn't chance it, not with such the order I put in. Got a confirmation on the second lot - has been shipped. It was the larger of the two, lots of fiddly bits included like drip tips, premade coils etc, so to physically get all that stuff together to post I could see how it might take a couple days longer to sort out as compared with say just a Vamo and a tank. Pure speculation on my part though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I ordered 5 x 30ml french pipe liquid & res/no res kanthal on the 22nd Nov & it arrived this morning,that was fairly quick,it went through Singapore.

I ordered 5 x 30ml french pipe liquid & res/no res kanthal on the 22nd Nov & it arrived this morning,that was fairly quick,it went through Singapore.

What's that, 16/17 days? That's really good.

Is the French Pipe by Liqua by any chance? I have their Mixed Berries and it's gorge! Must go see what they have and if it's any nice bit cheaper.

csi vegas wrote: »
    What's that, 16/17 days? That's really good.

Is the French Pipe by Liqua by any chance? I have their Mixed Berries and it's gorge! Must go see what they have and if it's any nice bit cheaper.

Yes,it is Liqua,in Best shop 30ml cost 9 euro & from FT it is only 4 euro,some saving.The strawberry & the energy drink are good ones,liqua gives good vapour & throat hit,I use 24mg,I do love the watermelon but it only comes in 10ml at BS,I must check out FT to see if they do it.

There was a problem with postage at FT with liquids & batteries but it seems that these issues have been solved.

The RG500.

Definitely needs a Game of Thrones type name.

About the Anyvape Davide BDC again.
    It has a really clever thin little metal plate over the head (inside the tank) with two notches in it for liquid to pass through. Which I think is why it has never flooded on me and has only ever gurgled when there was basically no liquid left in the upper section of the tank. It is pretty much free of leaking as well, like a carto tank.
    This is without doubt the best clearo I have used and the only one i would continue to use.

Although I still prefer carto tanks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

About the Anyvape Davide BDC again.
    It has a really clever thin little metal plate over the head (inside the tank) with two notches in it for liquid to pass through. Which I think is why it has never flooded on me and has only ever gurgled when there was basically no liquid left in the upper section of the tank. It is pretty much free of leaking as well, like a carto tank.
    This is without doubt the best clearo I have used and the only one i would continue to use.

Although I still prefer carto tanks :p

I have never used a Carto......tell me about Carto tanks.....please....pretty please......:) seriously, I am only three months vaping and somehow missed Carto tanks and the people who swear by them are not BS there is something in Cartos that the others do not have.

• Advertisement

Fado, fado, there were 510 atomisers which used a cartridge filled with wool to feed the coil. Not great but did the job but needed a lot of topping up with juice.

Then, a tank version without the wool came out, the ego-t. Muted flavour, dry hits and burnt taste galore. But did the job.....ish..

There were a few REALLY crappy clearo's out at that time too. The battery assasin Smokeymiser for one. Needed a 7 metre syringe to fill it. Leaked like a good thing and gave you a nice big juicy gobful of juice every few tokes. Then if would fry your battery just for good measure.

Then cartos entered the scene. Atomiser is embedded in the filler and you'd just top it up with a few mls of juice and vape......and it worked.....

Carto tanks came out that allowed you to store up to 4 or 5ml of juice on the tank and it soaked into the filler as you vaped.

It was and still is a good system. The carto would last about a week at 1.60 euro a pop. They were all the go for a year or two.

Occasionally you'd get a dud carto but essentially it was a very reliable system.

Back then, there weren't many RBA's around though and what was around was expensive.

The drawbacks were that it was important to prime the carto properly before use and that took a few minutes. If you didn't soak it and fired it up, the filler burned and the carto was dead forever. You just needed to prime it properly and you were set for the day with your tank and carto. Top up the tank in the morning and off you go.

To be fair, the 'hit' was not as pronounced as a rebuildable or anything but the flavour and vapour were good. As I said, rebuildables were for the hardcore vaper back then......

Boges were/are still the best of the cartos I think.

Haha, I remember bart from TBS telling me I was behind the times because I was still using 510 attys and boge catos were now all the rage. Cartos seemed so complicated to me back then.
    Oh those were the days :-)

Cartos are definitely still my favourite way to vape. Cant beat that crackle and well everything else. Just so reliable and fuss free.
    I have been thinking about rebuildables for ages, but just seems too much of a hobby to me and also not being able to take them out and about. although i think ill have to try them to get it out of my system.

Are cartos really that simple?

Is it just a case of buy an agr, a few 45mm boge cartos and off you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

And a carto punch or junior hacksaw to make a hole/slot.
    And don't use a juice that's too high in PG or it might leak.
    And don't use a juice that's too high in VG or you'll have dry hits - possibly experiment with an extra hole or two?
    And get used to that filler-taste.
    Besides that, fairly hassle-free.

Obvious lack of duals kills me but that wouldn't affect most people (DCCs don't work as they should, so don't even mention that sh!t).
    Swedish Fish has never tasted as good to me as it has in a Boge. Which is strange.

DCC's are useless alright. Just stick to Boges.

With the F16 or F17 tank from Boge, they come prepunched so you don't even need a punch any more. Haven't used pre punched ones myself though.

Ya starting out theyre a bit of hassle but really over time it all becomes second nature, you learn what kind of hole you want for what liquid and it just works basically. Although when i get dud cartos i tend to get a lot of them at once :p

The filler taste thing seems to vary, some people (myself included) dont get it, others do.

Also unfortunately I would not recommend an AGR+ hugely disappointing bugger, its just incredibly fiddly to stop it leaking. Never said that about a carto tank before :p

Ya starting out theyre a bit of hassle but really over time it all becomes second nature, you learn what kind of hole you want for what liquid and it just works basically. Although when i get dud cartos i tend to get a lot of them at once :p

The filler taste thing seems to vary, some people (myself included) dont get it, others do.

Also unfortunately I would not recommend an AGR+ hugely disappointing bugger, its just incredibly fiddly to stop it leaking. Never said that about a carto tank before :p

My AGR went straight into the bin & I used a Boge carto,I had a bad run with Boge,they kept leaking,I put it down to a bad batch from the vendor.

We also had to use a condom to prime these carto's :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I dunno. RDAs take up less of my time than anything before them now that we've got microcoils and cotton, and I haven't got any kind of pace that makes RTAs worthwhile. I use my Hercules or RSST for about 3 hours at a time, get bored of whatever the flavour is and end up bringing a dripper and a few matching flavours out with me*.
    I wonder if I'm forcing myself to keep an RTA around just because I feel I should have one? But why? If I'm wondering about that whilst not using them, it's probably true.

Cartos: Prompting The Big Questions - One Vaper's Terrible Life

*thinly disguised "I do things/have a life"

Lyf iz hrd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

Yes,it is Liqua,in Best shop 30ml cost 9 euro & from FT it is only 4 euro,some saving.The strawberry & the energy drink are good ones,liqua gives good vapour & throat hit,I use 24mg,I do love the watermelon but it only comes in 10ml at BS,I must check out FT to see if they do it.

There was a problem with postage at FT with liquids & batteries but it seems that these issues have been solved.

Hi, I'm going to be getting a lot of 30ml bottles of Liqua Turkish. What is this FT you speak of?

Advertisement