Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

OcocO wrote: »
    Hi, I'm going to be getting a lot of 30ml bottles of Liqua Turkish. What is this FT you speak of?

Fasttech.com - a Chinese site where you can buy goods cheap (a smidge above wholesale prices) but have to wait decades for it to arrive (free post option = anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

grindle wrote: »
    Fasttech.com - a Chinese site where you can buy goods cheap (a smidge above wholesale prices) but have to wait decades for it to arrive (free post option = anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks).

Thanks Grindle, helping me out again!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does anyone know which twist/spinner is currently the one to have?

There seems to be the ego c spinner, the joyetech ego twist and the Evod twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Does anyone know which twist/spinner is currently the one to have?

There seems to be the ego c spinner, the joyetech ego twist and the Evod twist.

The Ego-c Spinner (afaik) is made by Vision and after a bit of comparing, many months ago, I chose the Joyetech Ego-c Twist - it just seemed that bit more reliable to me as Joyetech are the bigger company.

The Evod Twist is new out and while I don't know the 'specs' of it (but there's got to be v little difference in comparison with the two above) I'd still go with the Joye Ego-c Twist of all three.

However the Innokin iTaste (which is Variable Watt as well as Variable Voltage) - the above three are VV only - is getting great compliments here on Boards. Size wise there's hardly nothing in it compared to the Twists.

What are you currently using?

csi vegas wrote: »
    The Ego-c Spinner (afaik) is made by Vision and after a bit of comparing, many months ago, I chose the Joyetech Ego-c Twist - it just seemed that bit more reliable to me as Joyetech are the bigger company.

The Evod Twist is new out and while I don't know the 'specs' of it (but there's got to be v little difference in comparison with the two above) I'd still go with the Joye Ego-c Twist of all three.

However the Innokin iTaste (which is Variable Watt as well as Variable Voltage) - the above three are VV only - is getting great compliments here on Boards. Size wise there's hardly nothing in it compared to the Twists.

What are you currently using?

I've got the itaste vv and a mech mod. I was looking for a pop in the pocket battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I've got the itaste vv and a mech mod. I was looking for a pop in the pocket battery.

Maybe a 650mah Ego-C twist would be ideal for you. The size is nice and compact. There's also the option of a mini Ego, available in 350 and 450mah - smaller and more discreet for portability but not VV, so you just get the same voltage of power. Pros and cons. I buy everything, just to be sure like :) also saves me from having to make any decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

A 650 twist is only 1cm shorter than the itaste v3 so there wouldn't be much of a difference in how pocketable they are.

Thanks for the advice. I went for the Evod in the end, purely based on looks!

With my last fast tech order I bought 20 authentic pro tank heads and I am constantly getting a burnt taste. I've tried them in an Evod, a Protank and with different batteries and at low voltage.

The resistance is all over the place,.I bought 1.8 but some are 1.6 others.2.1. They also have an extra o ring below the wick, which I have taken off to see if that helps with wicking. No joy though.

Any suggestion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

With my last fast tech order I bought 20 authentic pro tank heads and I am constantly getting a burnt taste. I've tried them in an Evod, a Protank and with different batteries and at low voltage.

The resistance is all over the place,.I bought 1.8 but some are 1.6 others.2.1. They also have an extra o ring below the wick, which I have taken off to see if that helps with wicking. No joy though.

Any suggestion?

My suggestion is to stop buying stuff from fasttech. We have great Irish vendors!

Ionised wrote: »
    My suggestion is to stop buying stuff from fasttech. We have great Irish vendors!

Thanks, not much help though.

I usually do get my spares in Ireland but I ordered these because they're about $6 for five. They came in a kanger box with all the kanger branding so I've no reason to think they aren't genuine. It's this extra o ring that is puzzling me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Thanks, not much help though.

I usually do get my spares in Ireland but I ordered these because they're about $6 for five. They came in a kanger box with all the kanger branding so I've no reason to think they aren't genuine. It's this extra o ring that is puzzling me.

I apologise if I sounded smart.. Wasn't meant like that. With the decent customer support we get from our vendors I'd reckon it's worth a couple of euro difference.

I guess sometimes we all get duds (I'm sure many here got stung with dodgy cartomisers).

Have you tried different juices? I find a change can work wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Any suggestion?
    I bought a bunch of Protank heads from an Irish vendor and had exactly the same thing, some were only used for a few secs until I had to throw them, and the resistances were all over the place. started building my own coils and no problem at all....consistent results....as long as I get the coils and wicks right.....takes a bit of time but is well worth it.

Ionised wrote: »
    I apologise if I sounded smart.. Wasn't meant like that. With the decent customer support we get from our vendors I'd reckon it's worth a couple of euro difference.

I guess sometimes we all get duds (I'm sure many here got stung with dodgy cartomisers).

Have you tried different juices? I find a change can work wonders.

We're all good!

I will try that, it's five layer cake that is burning, I'll try something else and see how.it.goes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Does anybody know what are the replacement heads for the Protank mini? Are they the same heads as the normal protank?

ie http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangercoil.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

yes they are the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Stealth vaping on the cheap. Nemesis clone in 18350 mode, IGO-L (drilled airhole out to 1.5mm) with Protank II driptip. 1.6Ohm microcoil (0.32mm kanthal wrapped with 2mm drill bit) with cotton wick.

First mech mod and I'm going to have to drop down to 12mg juices, nic sick after a post breakfast chain vape!:o

20131217_105430.jpg

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I bought a bunch of Protank heads from an Irish vendor and had exactly the same thing, some were only used for a few secs until I had to throw them, and the resistances were all over the place. started building my own coils and no problem at all....consistent results....as long as I get the coils and wicks right.....takes a bit of time but is well worth it.

I took five apart to see what was happening. The coils were very badly wound and creating hot spots.

Teased them apart and they are working better, but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I see you can get an adapter now to use aspire heads in protanks (1, 2 and I assume unitank), could be handy, I like those heads a lot.

http://www.toddsreviews.com/2013/12/bcc-to-bdc-adapter-beck-adaptor.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Despite my hatred of all things clearo, I thought I'd give the Aspire ET-S Glassomiser a chance based on the rave reviews all over the place. Haven't bought anything vape related for a good while and it's only about 7.50 euro.

Didn't expect much but this is a cracking little attie.....SS body with glass windows, well designed and easily disassembled into all of its parts. The heads are nice little units too with no wicks hanging out of them so it holds a lot of juice. Soon as I put the juice in and closed it up a load of bubbles came into the tank due to the fast wicking.

Nice warm vape straight from the first toke. Really clean flavour and plenty of vapour. Vaping VMist Mystic Lemon 6mg and it's just like vaping lemon juice. No hint of burnt taste or no gurgling whatsoever. The warmth of the vape really surprised me because I've found most of the bottom coil ones too cool but the top coil ones too hot. I turned down the voltage to 3.6v on the 1.8 ohm coil. I normally vape 1.8 ohms at around 4-4.2volts.

Nice draw as a result of the airhole in the skirt. They look good as well actually.

Kinda blown away by it to be honest.....first clearo I've ever liked....by a long way. Should last a good while too because of the build I'd imagine. If these were available a couple of years ago they'd have saved me a lot of money.

http://www.vapourpal.com/new-arrivals.html

Kinda blown away by it to be honest.....

If the RDA and Bulli are 9s or 10s, what does this get?

• Advertisement

Well, I'd give the spheroid an 9.5 out of 10. Flavour and vapour are the best but they are faffy to set up......definitely my favourite but lack of knowing how much juice remains and regular topping up, just in case, can be annoying

The Bulli dripper an 8 out of 10. Lovely flavour and good vapour, easy to set up but small capacity.

The Clockworks RDA 7 out of 10. Decent all round with big capacity, easy to set up with silica or mesh but the draw just isn't bang on. Good all rounder.

Spiral a 5.5 out of 10. Faffy and just never really got on with it.

A7 a 7 out of 10. Very decent attie for the price but faffy and draw a bit loose for me. Good value though and good all round vape.

Gennies.....5 out of 10. Take ages to figure them out properly and never really felt they performed as good as the hype for me anyway.

I'd probably give this a 6.5, which is very good for a disposable in my book....I like the design. I like the SS and glass tank. I like the flavour and decent vapour. Taking the cost of 7.50 euro into account as well...Could just be that I've had so many disappointments with clearo's that I'm surprised at this one.

I'd only give the Protanks about 3.5 out of 10 and this blows them away. I'd say its the best disposable attie that I've bought.

It won't replace a good rebuildable atomiser but in terms of having a decent tank in a car or out of the house it would suit me well.

For any newbie, at 7.50 euro and ease of use this is an absolute no brainier, unless I was just lucky, which is possible too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I agree as a clearo hater, the Aspire bottom dual coil heads (mine in an anyvape Davide) are bloody amazing. Still prefer cartos, but theres not much difference.

the protanks and puritank are no competition.

Jaysus, wasn't expecting a wall of reviews at all, good job!
    It won't replace a good rebuildable atomiser but in terms of having a decent tank in a car or out of the house it would suit me well.

I've just gotten a Trident RDA clone and my fave thing about it is that I can close the airholes off. Hasn't leaked a drop all week!

Not much capacity but handy for the airhole-change-ability as well. Want a huge bash of flavour with a tight draw? Turn it! Huge open draw with the most obscene amounts of vapour (so much that the juice condensates on the lips)? Turn.

Gamut of airholes gets a huge thumbs-up from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

snip
    A7 a 7 out of 10. Very decent attie for the price but faffy and draw a bit loose for me. Good value though and good all round vape.
    snip

The A7 is airy, you really need the ego ring with it to close off some of the flow.
    On other battery's it depends on how tightly it sits into the 510 connection, can be hit and miss, no use at all on the Smok ePipe and fine on the good old screwdriver.
    Might experiment with some O rings.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Just acquired an Aspire BDC. I'm a newbie so can't compare with other clearomizers.
    One thing though. The tip is aluminium - not pleasant on the lips. I've wrapped some plumber's tape around it which is an improvement but looks awful. Is there a more elegant way of doing it - a slip-on plastic cover or somesuch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

My advice MHP would be to get a different clearomiser. Get one that allows you to replace the tip (called a drip tip) with any standard drip tip of your chosing, they come in various colours and materials. http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspiremini.htm

Or get one that already has a plastic type drip tip stuck on it.
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/evod.htm

There are no elegant ways of modding a drip tip that I know of that would be as cheap and hassle free as just buying a new one.

Many like the metal type drip tip. They say that metal gives a purer flavour I think and looks better, if you care about they sort of thing. I prefer ceramic over metal or delrin myself to be honest but I'm always breaking them...

Many clearo's do let you use your own drip tip though but in many cases that's the only good thing about them!

If you don't like the metal, then you'll have to get a different clearo. I think the Aspire range does have a version that allows that. If I was you, I'd try to get a clearo that uses the Aspire heads anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Being used to a pipe, the metal tip of the Aspire feels very strange. I'll start experimenting after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I've only had one Aspire and it was marginally better than the low resistance (1.8ohm) heads used on the Kanger Protank Mini and the Kanger eVod and Kanger T3 clearomisers (which as essentially exactly the same thing). So I'd still easily recommend the Kanger clearomisers or Aspire clearomisers equally. I think the Aspire ones are better but because they are more complex there have been many cases of new Aspire heads being DOA or performing terribly. I can see why because they are all made by hand aren't they? If I had to make hundreds of them a day on some assembly line in China I'm sure I'd fup every few of them up too. Sometimes simpler is better.

Get a nice Pipe mod there MHP with a cartomizer tank and a long stem delrin drip tip and you'll be in heaven. They look something like the yokes on this site. http://www.epipemods.com/jazz-epipes.html

But make sure to ask around in here first as to what's the best bang for your buck as they're expensive enough.

• Advertisement

Excellent point about carto tanks. Long overlooked by new vapers but reliable as hell with very good consistent performance. Boge-gate was a couple of years ago at this stage and afaik all of that has been resolved.

I've only used the aspire head that came with the glasso so the replacements could be junk for all I know.......only put about 1/4 of a tank through it so far.

Advertisement