Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

MHP wrote: »
    Just acquired an Aspire BDC. I'm a newbie so can't compare with other clearomizers.
    One thing though. The tip is aluminium - not pleasant on the lips. I've wrapped some plumber's tape around it which is an improvement but looks awful. Is there a more elegant way of doing it - a slip-on plastic cover or somesuch?

the anyvape davide bdc tank uses the same aspire heads and has a glass tank with a removable drip tip. I hate metal tips myself, horrible things :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

MHP could get a pipe mod with a davide bdc and a long stem drip tip, then he'd be happy out. You should get one for your birthday MHP since it's a bit short notice for xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just wanted to say thanks to Vaperus for great customer service for sorting out a small issue I'd had with an order - I believe the Irish vendors on a whole provide excellent service, and think it's right to give credit where it's due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Get a nice Pipe mod there MHP with a cartomizer tank and a long stem delrin drip tip and you'll be in heaven. They look something like the yokes on this site. http://www.epipemods.com/jazz-epipes.html

But make sure to ask around in here first as to what's the best bang for your buck as they're expensive enough.

Very nice but they sure are expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I've only had one Aspire and it was marginally better than the low resistance (1.8ohm) heads used on the Kanger Protank Mini and the Kanger eVod and Kanger T3 clearomisers (which as essentially exactly the same thing). So I'd still easily recommend the Kanger clearomisers or Aspire clearomisers equally. I think the Aspire ones are better but because they are more complex there have been many cases of new Aspire heads being DOA or performing terribly. I can see why because they are all made by hand aren't they? If I had to make hundreds of them a day on some assembly line in China I'm sure I'd fup every few of them up too. Sometimes simpler is better.

Get a nice Pipe mod there MHP with a cartomizer tank and a long stem delrin drip tip and you'll be in heaven. They look something like the yokes on this site. http://www.epipemods.com/jazz-epipes.html

But make sure to ask around in here first as to what's the best bang for your buck as they're expensive enough.

Here's a pipe I bought http://www.ukecigstore.com/mods/variable-voltage/the-kross-by-x-fire.html
    It is VV which I need to run most of my clearo's at 4.2v,uses 18350 or 18650 & not bad at 50 quid.

• Advertisement

BeansBeans wrote: »
    the anyvape davide bdc tank uses the same aspire heads and has a glass tank with a removable drip tip. I hate metal tips myself, horrible things :p

Thanks. Noted for future reference.

Here's a pipe I bought http://www.ukecigstore.com/mods/variable-voltage/the-kross-by-x-fire.html
    It is VV which I need to run most of my clearo's at 4.2v,uses 18350 or 18650 & not bad at 50 quid.

Interesting. And a bit weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

grindle wrote: »
    Jaysus, wasn't expecting a wall of reviews at all, good job!

I've just gotten a Trident RDA clone and my fave thing about it is that I can close the airholes off. Hasn't leaked a drop all week!

Not much capacity but handy for the airhole-change-ability as well. Want a huge bash of flavour with a tight draw? Turn it! Huge open draw with the most obscene amounts of vapour (so much that the juice condensates on the lips)? Turn.

Gamut of airholes gets a huge thumbs-up from me.

Welcome to the club, it got here quick enough in the end?

Now you'll have to try this :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCEEkrvHTkA

Even better than the tricro! The never ending stream of different coil configurations from this man is amazing. Bit more annoying to set up unfortunately, think I need a better tweezers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

How many mls are people putting trough a cotton wick before changing it?
    I'm using about 12-15mls but I've heard of people only using 3-4mls. Then I heard busardo say he gets a week out of a cotton wick.
    I know alot depends on the type of juice, coil killers etc. but generally how much?

Oh and happy Christmas everyone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

I usually change after a day or two, but my current wick is three days on the go and still working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    How many mls are people putting trough a cotton wick before changing it?
    I'm using about 12-15mls but I've heard of people only using 3-4mls. Then I heard busardo say he gets a week out of a cotton wick.
    I know alot depends on the type of juice, coil killers etc. but generally how much?

Oh and happy Christmas everyone :-)

Usually with my steeps it'd be 3ml of the Virginian leaf mixes, 7-8ml of the cigars and I've had 12-13ml of Tobacco Praze on my current wick and still no sign that it needs a change.

Merry firkin Xmas. May all of your presents be high-end devices or their nearest clones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I seem to average 3 days on a cotton wick...as long as it stays nice and wet

**cue 'that's what she said' responses**

And finally a very Merry Christmas to all my fellow vapers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I gave the aspire a good review earlier this week. About halfway through the tank it started leaking like a sieve. Even when I topped it up it continued to gurgle and flood......yet another clearo for the bin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

^^^ And the status quo has resumed :-) ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Seem to be getting way more from the cotton wicks lately even with my own NETs....surprise surprise and at the start they sometimes only lasted 20 min, am right now vaping on a wick and coil I put in 4 days ago and has been used exclusively for my own juices.....no idea why this is happening tbh....maybe the juices maturing, maybe I am getting better at not crisping a wick....but it's great.

Happy Holidays to everyone, hope ye all have a wonderful time, I know I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Anyone had any problems ordering from e-smokeireland? I ordered a few things on the 5th Dec and have still not received them. :confused:

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    Anyone had any problems ordering from e-smokeireland? I ordered a few things on the 5th Dec and have still not received them. :confused:

Never had a problem before, have you gotten onto them?
    Figuratively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

if anything it will be anpost

Never had a problem before, have you gotten onto them?
    Figuratively.

Yes, they advised that I check with the sorting office.
    Vaperus wrote: »
    if anything it will be anpost

I think that it's anPost too. sorting office advised me to ring their CS dept, said the same thing to the three people on front of me who were looking for their parcels.
    Note to self -"Never order anything through Irish post that cannot be tracked".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm looking to start mixing my own juice, I have some PG & VG ordered from amazon.

Is it OK to get my nicotine from the alchemists cupboard? Has anyone had issues getting it through the post since its poisonous and all? I'm ordering from there because I want to get some capella flavour drops with it.

• Advertisement

I've had nic come from the UK before, don't think it'll be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Cheers Grindle.

I also got 5 slick looking 30ml amber glass dropper bottles from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BQ71YI8?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    Yes, they advised that I check with the sorting office.

I think that it's anPost too. sorting office advised me to ring their CS dept, said the same thing to the three people on front of me who were looking for their parcels.
    Note to self -"Never order anything through Irish post that cannot be tracked".

Send another email if it doesn't arrive Friday, replacement will be sent

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Send another email if it doesn't arrive Friday, replacement will be sent

Thanks man, hopefully will arrive before then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does anyone know if the vivi nova v7 and the stv nova use the same heads? The normal vivi nova heads don't seem to fit the v7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

EGriff wrote: »
    I'm looking to start mixing my own juice, I have some PG & VG ordered from amazon.

I got some amazing flavours from the alchemist apprentice stateside. 6 different strawberryies and Key Lime is so aromatic.

I used to mix it myself bu dont trust having a bottle of 50% nicotine around with a small child in the house.
    I wonder is there anywhere i can get readymixed base, PG/& VG with the nicotine already at whatever percentage so I can just add the flavour juice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

platinums wrote: »
    I got some amazing flavours from the alchemist apprentice stateside. 6 different strawberryies and Key Lime is so aromatic.

I used to mix it myself bu dont trust having a bottle of 50% nicotine around with a small child in the house.
    I wonder is there anywhere i can get readymixed base, PG/& VG with the nicotine already at whatever percentage so I can just add the flavour juice?

Here is just 1 site with ready mixed nicotine.

The problem with this is every juice needs a different amount of flavouring. Some need 2% others need 30%. Both will dilute the nic percentage but the 30% is gonna affect it vastly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

The problem with this is every juice needs a different amount of flavouring. Some need 2% others need 30%. Both will dilute the nic percentage but the 30% is gonna affect it vastly.

I have that in mind grindle. Theres maths involved, but basicly, i'd order the 18mg to get 12mg as thats what i like, when you add 20% of flavouring the nicotine mg gets reduced by roughly the same percentage.

See the results here. (its comes out at 15mg) You can play around to get exactly what you're after.

As for the flavouring, always start with a small amount and build it up. So if 3 drops in 10ml is too weak add 3 more the following week (or fortnight to give the steep a chance) Keep notes. Juice mixing is not that hard, just takes patience and perseverance.
    Not that you need tips on how to mix juice, grindle,..

• Advertisement

I have that in mind grindle. Theres maths involved, but basicly, i'd order the 18mg to get 12mg as thats what i like, when you add 20% of flavouring the nicotine mg gets reduced by roughly the same percentage.
    Juice mixing is not that hard, just takes patience and perseverance.

But why get low-nic base and use a small bit of PG/VG to fill out instead of high-nic base with a large bit of PG/VG? Seems more expensive and less pliable. Your first post just seemed like you wanted to slap flavour into nic base and be done (which would be heaven BTW).

Advertisement