Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I see vaperus are doing the BCC to BDC adaptor. Has anyone tried this yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

grindle wrote: »
    But why get low-nic base and use a small bit of PG/VG to fill out instead of high-nic base with a large bit of PG/VG? Seems more expensive and less pliable. Your first post just seemed like you wanted to slap flavour into nic base and be done (which would be heaven BTW).

Because the first time i tried mixing with 54mg Nic base i gave myself a day of Nicotine poisoning. Seriously it was not fun.
    I dont want Nic that strong in the house, we have a young baby and i dont trust a clear potentially lethal liquid floating around. What if some drips on my clothes when i mix it and later on comes into contact with something else.
    better safe than sorry nor do i have the room for a dedicated setup area or a garage. Living in a shoebox which cost 4 times what it would be sold for now.. so space is limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Fair enough, safety first. I have a few spare shoeboxes if you want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

How did you give yourself nic poisoning platinums and what did it feel like?

I've been using the RG500 from fasttech for a month now and I am very impressed. It is definitely as good as my Protank and holds an obscene amount of juice.

The short drip tip is good as well, if you're a biter like me, it has a convenient groove to rest your teeth on.

I also find it comforting when walking on dark nights, with the sigelei 20, it is like a police truncheon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I've been using the RG500 from fasttech for a month now and I am very impressed. It is definitely as good as my Protank and holds an obscene amount of juice.

The short drip tip is good as well, if you're a biter like me, it has a convenient groove to rest your teeth on.

I also find it comforting when walking on dark nights, with the sigelei 20, it is like a police truncheon!
    I'm curious about this one, and like how it looks a whole lot too. Is it stainless steel and glass as promised and what sort of coil set-up is on it Fred?

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I'm curious about this one, and like how it looks a whole lot too. Is it stainless steel and glass as promised and what sort of coil set-up is on it Fred?

Yep, stainless steel (judging by the weight) and glass.

It uses the same coil as a Protank/Evod. Although I'm tempted to get the BDC adaptor and try it with the aspire heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Picked up some LR cartos today, never tried them before. They all measure about 2.2 ohm (low resistance!! Really?) Using them with a Nemesis clone and kick. What's the maximum watts that they can take? Not using a tank yet but may grab an X8 or AGR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'd be inclined to say 9-10 watts.

Thought it would be around that. Can you recommend a tank?

• Advertisement

There's a fair bit of choice for tanks actually. Its kinda down to how much you are willing to spend.

A year or two ago there was a big market. Kir Fanis are very well regarded or the S&P Tank from Vaporart. They are not cheap though.

On the cheaper side there are submarine tanks from ESI and they are pretty good for the price, about 13 euro I think.

The AGR is well regarded but I think the AGR+ is prone to leaking.

There's also the DCT type tanks but I'd be inclined to give them a miss as they are prone to slippage.

The AGR (not the AGR+) and the X8 would be the best cost effective tanks at the moment. Both have locking mechanisms so the tank doesn't slip off the carto dumping juice in your lap and both have fill holes on the top, so you can fill them without taking them off the carto.

Boge LR cartos should be closer to 1.8 ohms! 2.2 Ohms is the Standard resistance I thought! How many did you get? Maybe the vendor fupped up? I'd agree with Green Hornet 7-10 watts for cartos is about as much as you can push them :) It's grand though. I find they give a fairly mellow pleasant vape with enough flavour and vapour to keep me happy most of the time. It's just when I'm drinking or chain vaping they can become a little soft. The best thing you can invest in is a top quality RDA but they cost about €80 and you need to be able to build coils and all that. They are cloud machines and give flavour and vapour like nothing else :)

The X8 does look good but does it require a syringe to fil it? I've always had a psychological aversion to having to use a syringe to aid with vaping!

Cheers Sticky, €80 for an RDA, I dont think so. I'll stick to my IGOs and trident clones. Im a RDA vaper, I just thought I'd give cartos a pop. At this stage ive tried clearos, genesis, RTAs, RDAs and now cartos. Got 3 cartos to try and they all have LR on the packaging. Stuck them in my ohm tester and all are reading 2.1-2.2 ohm. A cheap tank will do me. AGR or X8 most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Moolers, have you tried the kayfun 3.1, lite, fogger, taifun clones? They all rock and are dirt cheap....provided you dont get a dodgy one.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Moolers, have you tried the kayfun 3.1, lite, fogger, taifun clones? They all rock and are dirt cheap....provided you dont get a dodgy one.

Yeah, have a Kayfun/Russian clone. Tried a few builds with it but seems a bit tame when compared to a well setup RDA. I seem to get dry hits with it also(microcoil+cotton), must try again with silica. At the moment twisted 28guage subohm coils in a RDA is giving me great satisfaction. Hard to go back after you get used to that!!

Ah, the auld twisted wire trick. Used that in the good old Bulli for a while and it worked great.

Ah, the auld twisted wire trick. Used that in the good old Bulli for a while and it worked great.

Works great with cotton, loads of coverage while maintaining a nice low resistance for plently of watts. Definitely my best vaping experience yet.

Micro coil 28g and cotton work pretty well for me in those rbas. Try that navy nest thingy with silica. Awatch did a good vid on it.

What diameter coil you using MrChrome? Wouldn't mind gettinga cotton/microcoil setup right for when dripping doesnt suit my form.

• Advertisement

What diameter coil you using MrChrome? Wouldn't mind gettinga cotton/microcoil setup right for when dripping doesnt suit my form.

.28mm wire, about 7 or 8 wraps around the little screwdriver that came with the fogger (i dunno, about 2 mm) gives me about 1.5ohms, then I use a kick at 12watts.
    I heard some people complaining about the vertical juice channels in the lite clone were not drilled properly and causing dry hits.

.28mm, about 7 or 8 wraps around the little screwdriver that came with the fogger gives me about 1.5ohms, then I use a kick at 12watts.
    I heard some people complaining about the vertical juice channels in the lite clone were not drilled properly and causing dry hits.

Exactly the setup I've been trying to achieve. 1.5ohm microcoil+kick at 12W. I was thinking it might be a fault of the vertical channels myself. Did you see a fix by any chance? Might have to bust out the rotary tool!

Exactly the setup I've been trying to achieve. 1.5ohm microcoil+kick at 12W. I was thinking it might be a fault of the vertical channels myself. Did you see a fix by any chance? Might have to bust out the rotary tool!

Rotary tool with those little engraving bits or a tiny little file but that would take hours :-) Or send them a pic and get a replacement. Luckily mine were ok.
    Or if you have access to a drill press you could drill them out another .5mm.

Cool, might give it a go.

The X8 does look good but does it require a syringe to fil it? I've always had a psychological aversion to having to use a syringe to aid with vaping!

Yes Green Hornet. There is a small screw which closes the fill hole at the top of the tank. You are in needle teritory alright. A needle nose bottle works. I don't like syringes either, I only use the plastic syringes (without the needle) for measuring my DIY stuff. Stick it in the bottle suck up 5mls or whatever I need, then squirt it into my mixing bottle.

That's why I like the AGR is because I just screw the top of it off. But this X8 you can get them for a fiver so that's less than half the price of the AGR. The AGR is still my favourite affordable hassle free carto tank. The X8 is a copy cat of the Kir Fanis - Trap Tank which is a shed load more expensive so that's why I bought a couple to try them out. Gave one away to a mate.

It's not bad if you have a needle top squishy plastic bottle, no problem really. Just a short one, just like the link below. (I don't like the needle tip bottles that have the really long needles on them).

https://www.ezivape.com/images/76-154-large.jpg

Cheers Sticky, €80 for an RDA, I dont think so. I'll stick to my IGOs and trident clones. Im a RDA vaper, I just thought I'd give cartos a pop. At this stage ive tried clearos, genesis, RTAs, RDAs and now cartos. Got 3 cartos to try and they all have LR on the packaging. Stuck them in my ohm tester and all are reading 2.1-2.2 ohm. A cheap tank will do me. AGR or X8 most likely.

See Moolers I have the IGO and the Trident Clone and the Atomic RDA I have is much better. It's not €70 better admittedly (I think the price of any high end stuff is to high) but for me I'd much rather have my one Atomic than 3 IGO's and 3 Trident Clones. The Trident Clone is okay, better than the IGO's but the likes of the Atomic and the Cyclone they're much easier to setup and work with and they don't get as hot and they look better, they are quality. Have you seen a Vicious Ant Cyclon AFC or an Atomic or the like in person? I didn't really think they could be that much better until I saw one, then I bought one myself.

2.1-2.2 ohms doesn't seem low at all. I have a LR one here and it's reading 2.2ohms as well! Crickey! That's the first time I've ever actually tested one. I always assumed they were 1.8ohms or something. I have always been using them on my VW evic with an AGR (apart from when I started I was vaping them on an eGO) so I never really noticed. But anyway, they've always seems decent enough. I was thinking recently of trying a dual coil carto and rocking it on a small mech mod in an X8 tank, so I've a carto tank on a device much smaller than the evic. But am afraid to move away from the Boges. Other cartos I tried in the past just didn't compare.

Rotary tool with those little engraving bits or a tiny little file but that would take hours :-) Or send them a pic and get a replacement. Luckily mine were ok.
    Or if you have access to a drill press you could drill them out another .5mm.

So I bust out the dremel and with reckless abandon I made the channels slightly bigger. The result: no dry hits yet. I'm using the same coils that I built in it a few days ago. Early days but Im chain vaping for the last few mins and not a hint of a dry hit. Thanks for the advice. :D

Those Smoktech DC's are useless......I used some itaste cartos before and I think they are DC's. They were great but needed a 510-510 extension so the set up was like a washing line pole hanging outa me mouth....

Sticky, I understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong, I'd love to pick up a legit high end RDA like he Atomic but anytime I check they're out of stock., hell even the H-Cigar clones on vapegeek etc. are out of stock most of the time.

Clones serve they're purpose, I think they're a good way to check if that particular style of vaping is something you may like to pursue. I've 2 Trident clones, 1 from Fasttech, the other from Vaperus. The Vaperus.ie one is junk but it was fine for experimenting with. I drilled out the airholes for some cloud chasing nonsense. The fasttech version has it own problems but for the money they are more than adequate.

I've never seen an Atomic etc. in person but I would hope that they're built to a much higher standard than the cheapo clones, they cost enough!!
    Maybe one day soon I"ll splash out on a nice RDA for myself. Atomic would be on my list no doubt, would love something with dual coil options and airflow contol. Minimum of 1.5mm up to 3mm airholes would be great.

• Advertisement

Yip that's the Atomic. Dual 3mm airholes is like breathing on a scuba mask then exhaling a small weather system, vapour condensing inside your mouth and on your lips, flavour drops almost appearing within the vapour clouds. Only issue is that it can kinda whistle when you're taking those long inhales. Like wind blowing through the open door of a direlct building. We're having a vapemeet in dublin soon if you're up for it you can use mine there, see how it fits you. The Vicious Ant Cyclon AFC has probably the best airflow control I've seen.

I hear you about the stuff being out of stock. You'd think for something so pricey they'd make sure it was in stock and sell as much of them as they could. I understand the whole hold back stock and drive the price up, but they're not meeting demand so I'm all for clones to fill the gap. The problem is some of the clones can be ****ing woeful. The nemesis and the chiyou clones on FT are actually pretty damn decent with a couple of small tweaks here and there. I hear you about their being a place for clones and trying things out before committing to spending the big bucks.

Advertisement