Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Ok i was going to give rebuildables a go.
    Was going to start out with a genesis style with mesh wick as that look the essayist
    Any one got a recommendation ? and what wire should i get ?
    Been using 1.6ohm heads in a pro-tank/puri-tank at 6.8-7.2W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Was going to start out with a genesis style with mesh wick as that look the essayist

From what I have seen most people say about Genesis style atomisers they give a really good vape but are tricky to build, what about a dual coil dripper instead.....see what people here say but I think they will agree...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I was very tempted by the GENESIS 360 ATOMISER BY GILLE but the €99 price tag was a bit steep

Im not a fan of dripping :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I was very tempted by the GENESIS 360 ATOMISER BY GILLE but the €99 price tag was a bit steep

Im not a fan of dripping :o
    At that price take a look at Sophia by Leo, ESI do it....Google is your friend....ow fcuk, now they have me saying it.......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

You can rebuild your protank. 0.2mm for regular coils and 0.3mm or slightly thicker for micro coils. Get some of each. Plus some 2mm silica. Plus some cotton balls from the chemist.

Check out rip trippers on you tube. He's a bit crazy and ever so slightly annoying and funny at the same time, but he makes good video tutorials and he's one of the best coil builders out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

stealth do you want my genny? i can send it to you to give it a try before you decide to get that expensive one. i never bothered trying it since i got on so well with cotton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Is the Kayfun "style" stuff from Fasttech any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Is the Kayfun "style" stuff from Fasttech any good?

Yeah, they just dropped the price of the lite (now called the Russian 91% styled) by 20%. Some need a little modding but some are fine. Remember its Chinese new year so the are closed from the 25th for 2 weeks.

I thought I may as well try a cheap rebuildable, I've tried everything else!

I wasn't really feeling the love with the cartomiser. It's good, but I thought the Protank is better.

Ah you weren't doing it right :-)
    Send me back my used cartos.... only joking :-)
    Get the Russian clone, its a billy bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Got a Kanger T2 clearomizer yesterday - worked great all day yesterday, but already a burnt taste today from it. I bought a spare wick for it, but there's no way I'm getting something that's going to need replacing so often. I've yet to find a clearomizer that's any good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

No such thing ;-)

To be fair, I bought the aspire et-s bdc a whole back and it vaped better than any other clearo that I've ever tried. Mine leaked though but most of them don't seem to leak.

From the point of view of the vape though, it was actually good.

I think the aspire seem to have raised the bar for clearo's.

sure, may as well give it a go - does it take a 510 battery?

No. Its ego threaded so you'll need an ego battery or at least something that has an ego thread.

A 510 battery wouldn't be able to power it anyway. You need at least a 650 mAh eGo for most atties really I think.

Cheers - isn't 510 just the thread type though, rather than the power? Pretty sure I've owned a few 900 mAh batteries. Might give it a go all the same; can't have enough backup devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

510 is a thread connection, but when you say "a 510 battery" it points to you meaning the 510 cigalikes that pre-date eGos.

You were around since the beginning of ecigs on boards - pure mortified for you/jealous of your nonchalance.

Um yes, nonchalance - that was it. Ahem.

I'm never sure of what's a brand and what's a different type of battery. Or both. I just know to buy carts/tanks with a 510 thread.

I'm getting a lot of dry/burnt hits from my hyper tank (uses Protank heads). If I unscrew the base and let some air in it is fine for a bit, so I presume this is an air pressure issue.

Have I packed too much cotton in to the head when I rebuilt it, or could there be another problem? When juice is going on to the head it produces a fantastic amount of vapour, but only for three to four draws, then it dries up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

I'm getting a lot of dry/burnt hits from my hyper tank (uses Protank heads). If I unscrew the base and let some air in it is fine for a bit, so I presume this is an air pressure issue.

Have I packed too much cotton in to the head when I rebuilt it, or could there be another problem? When juice is going on to the head it produces a fantastic amount of vapour, but only for three to four draws, then it dries up.

Does sound like a wicking issue. More than likely too much cotton. When I was using cotton in the protank heads it worked well unless the cotton was too tight in the microcoil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Has anyone thought that e-juice price seems to be rising. I've jsut had a look on the Vaporium site and they have a very nice selection of juices. I have picked a few to try and it seems to be €1 /ml now..

Im used to ESI and Best shop prices of half that. Going to try some namber juice and Mr Good Vapes - has anyone tried either of them? Im sure the quality will be worth the extra. Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

platinums wrote: »
    Has anyone thought that e-juice price seems to be rising. I've jsut had a look on the Vaporium site and they have a very nice selection of juices. I have picked a few to try and it seems to be €1 /ml now..

Im used to ESI and Best shop prices of half that. Going to try some namber juice and Mr Good Vapes - has anyone tried either of them? Im sure the quality will be worth the extra. Ta

Juice, like wine comes in different prices. Possibly different quality or better marketing. If it worth the price to you then it's a fair price.
    I tend to use the cheaper juice for everyday vaping , indeed I diy to get the cheapest possible and some is as good as expensive juice. But for evening vaping you cant beat a good juice. Mix n match. Think of the high price juice as a luxury you allow yourself occasional. (once a day is occasional, isn't it?)

Has anyone or does anyone get the urge to stick a 510 into their tongue with a fully charged battery?...I'm bored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Has anyone or does anyone get the urge to stick a 510 into their tongue with a fully charged battery?...I'm bored!

Get out your video camera and go for it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Vaperus maybe off the phones today due to a family crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Vaperus maybe off the phones today due to a family crisis.

Just saw on fb that they were closed today.

They seem to think so on UKV.

• Advertisement

Yep nicofresh, on the rte news now.

Advertisement