Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

HI

Im new to vaping off analogs 2 weeks and loving it.

I got the ego c twist , i paid for 2 900mah batts but have a feeling i have been sent to 600mah batts .

Can some one please tell me the dimensions of 600 and 900mah batts please so i can confirm , thanks in advance

The batteries i received are 4inch long (100mm) would these be 900mah ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

650mAh = 98mm

thanks grindle , i dont want to get shirty with company unless im totally sure , so the 900mah are longer than 100mm then ?

Should be 111mm. Definitely Twists?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Funny you should mention the length. I found an old 650 non twist battery recently and it's absolutely tiny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I use to own a kango ego twist 2(?), it stopped working. I want something similar but a bit
    smaller, same(or more) amount of vapour.

Any ideas guys?

I want something similar but a bit
    smaller, same (or more) amount of vapour.

Vision Spinner 400mAh, but you'll have to have a few to get through the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So a few months ago an 18650 battery I had stopped charging to my dismay. Today I was vaping away and had the spare drained battery in my pocket and so put it on charge. Imagine my panic when it wouldn't make a connection and start charging too. Couldnt imagine why. Really pissed off cause i was down to 1 then and I really didn't want to have to buy some more if i didn't have to.

Then a thought struck me, what if the battery i have in my mod is the drained battery and this one is fully charged. Lo and behold!!!!!!!! It was the case!

I then got excited because i needed to check out the "useless" battery to see what's what. Turns out that that was fully charged all this time and thats why it wouldn't accept a charge.

I am not a smart man at times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

How long does a delivery from Fasttech usually take to arrive? Thinking of ordering some juices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Giak wrote: »
    How long does a delivery from Fasttech usually take to arrive? Thinking of ordering some juices.

I wouldn't bother with fasttech for juice, you can get 100mls from bargain vapor for €13.99 and its as good as anything fasttech would have (still not great though). They do next day delivery, you'll be waiting a month or more for anything you order from fasttech.

http://www.bargainvapour.com/Hangsen/cat1274300_1456563.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

Ok. There are a million tobacco flavours there. Any idea which one is nicest? I don't like the sweet ones. 100ml is a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Giak wrote: »
    Ok. There are a million tobacco flavours there. Any idea which one is nicest? I don't like the sweet ones. 100ml is a lot...
    These two aren't bad...

http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Virginia_Tobacco_100ml/p1274299_9799494.aspx

http://www.bargainvapour.com/HS_Tab_Blended_100ml/p1274299_7912752.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think they do 5ml sample bottles too if you want to try them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've just made a Kayfun esque S coil for a protank head. I will be using it in my RG500 tank which, unlike the protank, has plenty of room around the wick. I am determined to create the perfect coil for it.

Am I mad?

Hi. has anyone experience with H2 Bottom Coil Clearomizers they are very cheap from fasttech , have ordered some, but wondering why no irish vendor seems to sell them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I have used them for a while and find them great. Pretty much the same performance as an Evod. They hold 2ml of juice which is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

So a few months ago an 18650 battery I had stopped charging to my dismay. Today I was vaping away and had the spare drained battery in my pocket and so put it on charge. Imagine my panic when it wouldn't make a connection and start charging too. Couldnt imagine why. Really pissed off cause i was down to 1 then and I really didn't want to have to buy some more if i didn't have to.

Then a thought struck me, what if the battery i have in my mod is the drained battery and this one is fully charged. Lo and behold!!!!!!!! It was the case!

I then got excited because i needed to check out the "useless" battery to see what's what. Turns out that that was fully charged all this time and thats why it wouldn't accept a charge.

I am not a smart man at times.

If the atomizer head is tightened down more than it needs it puts pressure on the firing pin. This can effect the connection to the charger.

What I have done is use a small flat head screwdriver to gently prise up the pin slightly on each side (0.5mm). Once I do that it makes the connection to the charger. There are guides showing how to this on various forums. Hope this helps.

Thanks neil, that helps put my mind at ease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Other than cleaning, does a mech mod require any other maintenance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

don't think so. at least I don't do anything more than that with the one I have. quick wipe with a tissue to take of any juice that might have leaked out and ready to go with the next tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Other than cleaning, does a mech mod require any other maintenance?

Just keep it clean and don't drop it too often :)

One thing that is confusing me , if someone could please clarify , is there a replaceable part at the top of the ego c twist battery ?

And if so what is the correct part and how often do they need to be replaced ? thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

masonchat wrote: »
    One thing that is confusing me , if someone could please clarify , is there a replaceable part at the top of the ego c twist battery ?

And if so what is the correct part and how often do they need to be replaced ? thanks in advance

Ahem No. Twists like all ego battery's are sealed units. This pic;
    557149637_260.jpg
    Shows the parts.
    The batt is the long bit and the rest is the atomizer and cartridge.
    If you mean the atomizer, referred to as the head in this pic, then it needs replacing after a month or so. Different for different people, it really depends on how much juice you use.
    The battery is threaded to take any 510 threaded atomizer or cartomizer or clearomizer. It's espically threaded to take ego threaded fittings. Ego thread is just a 510 thread with an outer thread to hold the cone thing, CE4 and such come with the two threads on them.
    Hope this helps.

thanks tommy yeah was getting confused with coils at atomizer heads noob lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Whipped out an old 306 attie today for old times sake. Jeepers, I'd forgotten how great a vape they give. Pity they only hold a couple of drops but they do pack some punch and flavour.

Wonder how they perform with that SS Drip Shield. Probably holds a few extra drops and makes it leak proof if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

Must dig out some of my old 901 carts and do a comparison.
    Maybe we should start a thread for "days gone by gear" :p

My first e-cig was a horrible cigalike, then a 901, then an eGo-T and after that.........well I can't say as I sell them :p

It's funny, I knew from day 1, even with the cigalike, that I would not smoke again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Figured i'd post here instead of a new thread, but has anyone heard anything about Mom and Pops changing their juices? Friend of mine has been vaping for about 9 months now, and since she got her latest batch 2 weeks ago and her skin has been flaking and she's getting ulcers on her tongue. She has no allergies, apart from nickel. Juices in question are scuba orange and paradise delight. Though they're side effects from vaping, she's been vaping for 9 months with no issues. So i'm not sure. If anyone can offer anything it would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

In the market for a new clearomizer. Torn between the KANGER AEROTANK and the JOYETECH EMODE CLEAROMIZER. Anyone have any opinions on which is better?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/409-joyetech-emode-clearomizer.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/402-kanger-aerotank-airflow-control-bdcc-clearomizer.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Figured i'd post here instead of a new thread, but has anyone heard anything about Mom and Pops changing their juices? Friend of mine has been vaping for about 9 months now, and since she got her latest batch 2 weeks ago and her skin has been flaking and she's getting ulcers on her tongue. She has no allergies, apart from nickel. Juices in question are scuba orange and paradise delight. Though they're side effects from vaping, she's been vaping for 9 months with no issues. So i'm not sure. If anyone can offer anything it would be appreciated :)

All I can say is that I have noticed huge differences between batches of liquids from every vendor, VG/PG ratio changing and the nic level....sometimes I think they make it up tbh........this is a completely unregulated area and buyer beware....and be warned this forum is full of fanboys cheering on their favourite vendor/juice......because they get freebies from them for doing so.....

Go and take a look at the US forum and the UK ones, way less bias tbh.....too big to manipulate. I don't live in Ireland anymore so have a healthy disrespect for cliques....:)

Advertisement