Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

dePeatrick wrote: »
    All I can say is that I have noticed huge differences between batches of liquids from every vendor, VG/PG ratio changing and the nic level....sometimes I think they make it up tbh........this is a completely unregulated area and buyer beware....and be warned this forum is full of fanboys cheering on their favourite vendor/juice......because they get freebies from them for doing so.....

Go and take a look at the US forum and the UK ones, way less bias tbh.....too big to manipulate. I don't live in Ireland anymore so have a healthy disrespect for cliques....:)
    DIY mixing is the only way to go for consistent quality juices customised to one's personal taste IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

dePeatrick wrote: »
    All I can say is that I have noticed huge differences between batches of liquids from every vendor, VG/PG ratio changing and the nic level....sometimes I think they make it up tbh........this is a completely unregulated area and buyer beware....and be warned this forum is full of fanboys cheering on their favourite vendor/juice......because they get freebies from them for doing so.....

Go and take a look at the US forum and the UK ones, way less bias tbh.....too big to manipulate. I don't live in Ireland anymore so have a healthy disrespect for cliques....:)

Surely that's a bit harsh dePeatrick? I don't think I've ever got a freebie from any vendor. I tend to buy juices like mom and pops or halo from the local vendors but I'm sure they are the real thing.

I use UKV sometimes but I find its way too snipey and 'superior' for normal users like me. I think most posters on here are just trying to be helpful and generally pretty nice people.

The only freebies I receive are from HOL...

5ml samplers for 'in_private CLUB' members & a 5% loyalty discount, all you have to do is register.

http://www.houseofliquid.ie/category-s/1837.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Strange post - if you think someone's shilling you should report them to mewso. Otherwise it's a baseless slur.
    Is the post directed at everyone who likes certain brands over another? If someone likes one coffee over another should they keep schtum about it? Does liking certain coffees invalidate their opinion on all other coffees*?

*hint hint - would love free coffee.

As for the other forums being less biased - I don't get where the bias is here? People generally talk about what they want to buy or what they've just bought. Simple concept. No need for conspiracy theories.
    If you want bias check out Imeo's forum on ECF or start posting links to clones on UKV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Had 3 dud XL carts in a row so want to try something new:

Innokin iClear-30-S
    HS USA Mix 100ml -
    Cone for Vivi or similar Tank
    Smok EMAX VV/VW 1300mah

So I ordered this stuff, which arrived last Thursday. Initially I was a bit disappointed that I was getting a regular enough burnt hit from it.

But since then, I'm a little bit happier with it. At the very least it's been consistent for 4 days or so now, and the burnt taste isn't actually that regular. It's certainly a step above the standard CE clearomizers.

The thing I find with the XL carts & JTank is that when they work, they work brilliantly - great hit & flavour. But then I'm quite likely to get a few duds in a row, which really bugs me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I ordered a nemesis clone from fasttech 13/2/14 $25 free shipping, ETA (i assume this is when it is expected to arrive at fasttech) is currently at 24/2/14 then we will probably have the usual restocking , waiting to be packaged , being packaged, bla bla stages.

Last night i ordered a nemesis clone from https://www.vaporbreak.com/en/ $22 shipping $6 = $28, was delighted to get an email this morning order has shipped and tracking number provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

I got a hankering for some blue cheese vape, bit of stilton be nice.
    Wonder if anyone can make it... vapable that is.

Could mix it with a nice strawberry jam ejuice.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So bought a tesla the other day and just dropped it, about 3 feet. Sturdy bastard of a thing! all that happened was the bottom part of the protank is slightly bent, it still fires so i'll replace it this evening and everything will be golden!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Phil Busardo, just posted this on his Facebook page.

Holy Moly! Please tell me its a joke??? Its seems serious.... :eek:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=1066691

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Vape Freaks

It's a funny old world!

• Advertisement

Gillian72 wrote: »
    Phil Busardo, just posted this on his Facebook page.

Holy Moly! Please tell me its a joke??? Its seems serious.... :eek:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=1066691

MY favourite quote on Vaping devices from non other than Pastor Ezekial
    "Who knows what secrets they have hidden up in those things? They could be stuffed full of niggerweed or some other kind of dope."

Who am i kidding that's not even my favourite, theres too many.

That site is satirical right?

They are unbelievable! They are obsessed by sex, they turn everything into something about sex!

AND they are racist and homophobes. Its hard to believe that these people actually exist!

Its is funny, but they are an evil lot, I wouldn't like to meet one of those "Christan's" down a dark alley way, they are so full of hate!

It's a satirical site. They aim to point out how breathlessly idiotic religious ideologies are by constantly baiting for victims of Poe's Law ("the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I dont think the site is serious. It seems to be set up as a pisstake.
    The majority of threads are on things like does god hate Poland, why blacks dont like a good sermon, why god hates estonia etc.

I see a lack of threads about questions on their fate, looking for advice etc to take this as serious. If it was a serious site, there'd be people looking for advice or have more general questions.

Still, very odd though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

grindle wrote: »
    It's a satirical site. They aim to point out how breathlessly idiotic religious ideologies are by constantly baiting for victims of Poe's Law ("the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism").

There failing in their aim then, knew by the second post it was a pisstake :)

colly10 wrote: »
    I dont think the site is serious. It seems to be set up as a pisstake.
    The majority of threads are on things like does god hate Poland, why blacks dont like a good sermon, why god hates estonia etc.

I see a lack of threads about questions on their fate, looking for advice etc to take this as serious. If it was a serious site, there'd be people looking for advice or have more general questions.

Still, very odd though

I have to admit, I didn't read any other threads. I'm glad it is a p!ss take, although there are so called "Christians" who go on exactly like this, so many of them are horrible racist & homophobes. That is why I wasn't sure if it was real or not...

The people on Phil Busardo Facbook thread are calling it fake now as well. Its gas the way they share all the links to quotes out of the bible.

I found a satirical blog today, its as funny as hell. Its called 27b/6. This one gave me a giggle:
    http://www.tickld.com/x/i-wish-i-worked-with-this-manhes-hilarious

Ok, I'll stop the off topic talk now. Back to vaping..... :)

They don't have to convince everybody Captain Smartypants. It's like the Onion, trusting and naive folk will be drawn in.
    Doubt any satire website aims for sceptics because we don't believe anything.
    I'm not even sure who wrote this - me, the version of me I perceive, the version I aspire to be, or the NSA.

Hi Guys! :) Is this the best starter kit:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

I've never used a Kanger Twist before, is it the best?

My Sister-in-Law is gonna try vapping, she really loves her cigarettes, but she is keen to give vaping a try.

Sadly she had an accident a few years ago. She broke her neck, so she is now paralyzed. The reason I'm saying all this is coz my Sis-in-Law only has partial use of her hands and arms. But in fairness to her she is a she is managing really well, she is always pushing herself to do more and more.

But I'm worried that she might have some difficulty holding the e-cig and pressing the button, another concern is that she may not be able to change the voltage, although most people leave it at the same setting. She has always family around her who will help out, but I want to recommend something that is easy for her to use. She is able to hold and smoke cigarettes, so she should be able to manage the e-cig.

So, do people think the Kanger Twist is the best, I always see people recommending it. I use the iTaste VV VW and I love it, but its a funny shaped battery. Out of every 5 clearomizers I buy, either the same or different brands, only 4 will work, they don't seem to register with the battery. I have two iTaste's and its the same with both. I love them, but I can't 100% depend on them. I wanna recommend something that my Sis-in-Law can depend on.

My Sis-in-Law is a trooper, even though she has been through so much, she is still always smiling and upbeat, she never ever complains. She really is an inspiration. I'd love to see her giving up the smokes!

Thanks a million! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The best shop, e-smoke and leisure liquids are all out of five layer cake.

Does anyone know where else I can get it, or suggest an alternative?

The best shop, e-smoke and leisure liquids are all out of five layer cake.

Does anyone know where else I can get it, or suggest an alternative?

'Murica

Mom&Pops.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

My Sister-in-Law is gonna try vapping, she really loves her cigarettes, but she is keen to give vaping a try.

Sadly she had an accident a few years ago. She broke her neck, so she is now paralyzed. The reason I'm saying all this is coz my Sis-in-Law only has partial use of her hands and arms. But in fairness to her she is a she is managing really well, she is always pushing herself to do more and more.

But I'm worried that she might have some difficulty holding the e-cig and pressing the button, another concern is that she may not be able to change the voltage, although most people leave it at the same setting. She has always family around her who will help out, but I want to recommend something that is easy for her to use. She is able to hold and smoke cigarettes, so she should be able to manage the e-cig.

So, do people think the Kanger Twist is the best, I always see people recommending it. I use the iTaste VV VW and I love it, but its a funny shaped battery. Out of every 5 clearomizers I buy, either the same or different brands, only 4 will work, they don't seem to register with the battery. I have two iTaste's and its the same with both. I love them, but I can't 100% depend on them. I wanna recommend something that my Sis-in-Law can depend on.

My Sis-in-Law is a trooper, even though she has been through so much, she is still always smiling and upbeat, she never ever complains. She really is an inspiration. I'd love to see her giving up the smokes!

That is the kit that I have been using for a year now and I like it. But others have more advanced kits.

I just wonder though might your sister have difficulty refilling the cartos with juice? I think pressing the button she may be ok.

I think that you/she may be better off going to a shop and trying one out to see if she can refill etc.

There are some stalls in the Blanch shopping center and one in Mary Street Arcade (i think that is what it is called) or you can probably even go out to esmoke ireland and try there (I know you can collect juices from there - you could always email them and ask).

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Any good walk in shops around Swords or Blanchardstown? Dublin city centre?

I'm looking to pick up some fluids. Would prefer if the had samples in shop too.

I'm looking to pick up some fluids. Would prefer if the had samples in shop too.
    New shop just opened in Temple Bar, don't know the place personally.

The shop vendor Steve just put up an intro on this forum...

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=694360&sort=newest

http://purplebox.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

MonstaMash wrote: »
    New shop just opened in Temple Bar, don't know the place personally.

The shop vendor Steve just put up an intro on this forum...

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=694360&sort=newest

http://purplebox.ie/

Nothing but hangsen? And €4.50 for 10mls. I know B+Ms have more overheads than an online shop but that's 4 times the price of hangsen from bargainvapour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

platinums wrote: »
    'Murica

Mom&Pops.com

I was hoping for More like monaghan or Middlesex rather than murica.

EGriff wrote: »
    Nothing but hangsen? And €4.50 for 10mls. I know B+Ms have more overheads than an online shop but that's 4 times the price of hangsen from bargainvapour.
    True that, but handy for a walk-in as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

In Stanleys newsagent in the Blanchardstown Shopping center

iba wrote: »
    That is the kit that I have been using for a year now and I like it. But others have more advanced kits.

I just wonder though might your sister have difficulty refilling the cartos with juice? I think pressing the button she may be ok.

I think that you/she may be better off going to a shop and trying one out to see if she can refill etc.

There are some stalls in the Blanch shopping center and one in Mary Street Arcade (i think that is what it is called) or you can probably even go out to esmoke ireland and try there (I know you can collect juices from there - you could always email them and ask).

Regards

Hi Iba! :) Yep, I think the Kanger Twist sounds the best. My Sister in Law wouldn't be able to get out to Blanchardstown or into Smokedifferent in Mary Street, shopping on-line is way easier for her. Although I shop in Smokedifferent myself, I got some really quality eliquids there last week.

She won't be able to fill clearomizers, but there is always somebody their with her, so they will have to refill the clearomizers when needed.

She likes the look of my iTaste VV VW, but I think it's a bit too heavy for her, and there are too many buttons.

I'm glad to hear you've been using the Kanger Twist for a while and you like it, I've heard good things about that starter kit. I started off with a plain old eGo K, it did the job, but I want to get her something with VV.

Thanx a million! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Don't forget to get a range of different strengths and flavours of juices too- make the transition easier hopefully.

You can get a pack of clearos from places like fastech for less than a tenner, take weeks to get here though, but handy to have as spares.
    Best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

Hi Iba! :) Yep, I think the Kanger Twist sounds the best. My Sister in Law wouldn't be able to get out to Blanchardstown or into Smokedifferent in Mary Street, shopping on-line is way easier for her. Although I shop in Smokedifferent myself, I got some really quality eliquids there last week.

She won't be able to fill clearomizers, but there is always somebody their with her, so they will have to refill the clearomizers when needed.

She likes the look of my iTaste VV VW, but I think it's a bit too heavy for her, and there are too many buttons.

I'm glad to hear you've been using the Kanger Twist for a while and you like it, I've heard good things about that starter kit. I started off with a plain old eGo K, it did the job, but I want to get her something with VV.

Thanx a million! :)

I got a Twist starter pack from ESI last year and it's still going strong. Just gave it to a friend of mine there the other day as she wants to give vaping a go. She has rheumatoid arthritis with very limited use of her hands and she found it fine to work the button, like your SIL she has somebody there to refill the clearos. Hope she gets on well with whatever she chooses!

Advertisement