Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

For the love of Vishnu, just sign up to FB. You don't have to interact with so-called "family" or... *shudders* ..."friends", just use it for the vaping groups!
    And any other interest you might have. FB's only good for groups anyway. For all those people who annoy with baby photos or bullshit sports-talk there's a very handy 'Unsubscribe' option...they need never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

grindle wrote: »
    For the love of Vishnu, just sign up to FB. You don't have to interact with so-called "family" or... *shudders* ..."friends", just use it for the vaping groups!
    And any other interest you might have. FB's only good for groups anyway. For all those people who annoy with baby photos or bullshit sports-talk there's a very handy 'Unsubscribe' option...they need never know.

ha ha gringle the more you say the more i like ya , my mother has always called me victor meldrew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

masonchat wrote: »
    gringle
    :mad:
    the more you say the more i like ya
    That'll wear off, don't worry.

Now, sign up to FB and search 'Irish Vaping' and 'Vaping Ireland' (yes, two groups, don't ask, mostly repetition).

Sorry Grindle , do i have to sign up as me, can i sign up as victor meldrew, that FBI most wanted list has some drawbacks ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You have to follow God as well. The comedy group that is, it's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

popped down to purplebox in temple bar there on monday.

completely satisfied would be a understatement lol
    picked up the itaste mvp2 v2 with the iclear 30 and was given a free wall charger and free bottle of juice, all for e52 :D
    really glad made jump into the vv/vw world and im really liking the way the iclear 30 vapes, kanger t2 was my fav clearo before but the vapour/flavour im getting at the min at v3.8 out of the iclear is spot on for me.
    also i thought the box shape might feel weird but its fine to hold.

i hunt up reviews of everything before i buy and the only two "problems" ive found with the itastes are not on this model which was a extra bonus. :D
    the button is no way hard to press and the on/off switch on bottom on unit does sit flush into the unit so no wobble when placed on table

also the manager is really friendly and the shop looks very well setup.
    was really worth the trip down and ill def be popping up there again when im up dublin

Do you know if they are open on sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

Help.....ordered some stuff from FastTech on Feb 1st, wondered why it had'nt arrived (it was a double Ego start up kit) then today I got a stiff letter from Revenue / Customs!!! They want the PayPal invoice & any docs attached to the order, as ecigs are tobacco products, and this company are outside the EU. My order was only $32 in total & if the stuff is released to me I already owe An Post €6.00 & God knows what other charges the Revenue apply. What to do? Would I be better to let them pxss off & forego the order, or cough up whatever they look for? Never thought ordering a cheap present for someone would practically start a Diplomatic stand off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The main part of why fastech is cheaper is there is no VAT
    That is the risk that when it arrives here you may have to pay the VAT, Import duty and handling charges if customs pull it and They are getting hotter on it now.
    the only other risk is if the seller under valued it, which is why they want a copy of the paypal invoice so they can charge you the correct amount.
    More so if your a business but you can get fined if its under valued, that can happen even if you refuse it, but like I say thats more for businesses importing. so you will have VAT and Import duty to pay, VAT will be the most at 23%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

You will have to pay the postman 23% of €32 plus €6 postage in cash if you want the stuff. You have to send the DMC an email with proof of purchase (paypal receipt will do).

And tell them to fuk off with their 'tobacco product'....if anything its an anti tobacco product.

• Advertisement

Jesus they seem to be pulling every thing now, i have 9 orders inbound from china if they pull all them , do i still have to pay the postage for orders under 22 euro ? does anyone know.

I only have 1 of the orders over the 22euro at 30 euro : - (

No, if its under €22 they cover the postage.

great, hopefully they dont all land on same guys desk at same time lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I paid €20 for my NC and got my shipping notice there the other day. I hope my spheroid fits nice on there :).

Thank you for shopping at FastTech.com. We're pleased to tell you that order has shipped!

1 x Nemesis Style Mechanical Mod (Mixed Edition)

Got 2 of them coming waiting is soooooooo hard

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

sing_dumb wrote: »
    Help.....ordered some stuff from FastTech on Feb 1st, wondered why it had'nt arrived (it was a double Ego start up kit) then today I got a stiff letter from Revenue / Customs!!! They want the PayPal invoice & any docs attached to the order, as ecigs are tobacco products, and this company are outside the EU. My order was only $32 in total & if the stuff is released to me I already owe An Post €6.00 & God knows what other charges the Revenue apply. What to do? Would I be better to let them pxss off & forego the order, or cough up whatever they look for? Never thought ordering a cheap present for someone would practically start a Diplomatic stand off!!

Hi great news, just got email from Revenue / Customs saying my package will be deluvered tomorrow "with NO charges applied". I sent them the PayPal mail invoice. Delighted, coz I ordered a twin Ego4 starter, both covered with bling pink diamonds, for 17 Dollars & saw ONE of these on sale in Dublin on Sat for 35 Euros. Woo hoo

sing_dumb wrote: »
    Hi great news, just got email from Revenue / Customs saying my package will be deluvered tomorrow "with NO charges applied". I sent them the PayPal mail invoice. Delighted, coz I ordered a twin Ego4 starter, both covered with bling pink diamonds, for 17 Dollars & saw ONE of these on sale in Dublin on Sat for 35 Euros. Woo hoo

Please don't be too disappointed when it turns up and those diamonds aren't real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Just giving a shout out to the best shop .eu have ordered a few things over the last few days and found the customer service is amazing, quick to reply to emails and give advise. Postage/deliveryis next day from ordering. Great Irish company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

called in Purple into Temple bar today, complete beginner and got lots of helpful advice, nice to be able to walk into a shop and get everything explained

cant believe I haven't smoked a cig all day, Kinda like this Vaping thing :)

hi king its hard to believe how easy it actually is with proper gear, whats not to love cheaper less harmful tastes better bigger thicker vapor cool shiney things the list is long.

Congrats on makin the start, i noticed slight withdrawl first couple of days , i mean SLIGHT. had a cig on third day and stubbed it out after 5 pulls , felt was no point as vaping gave better throat hit never looked back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hi king its hard to believe how easy it actually is with proper gear, whats not to love cheaper less harmful tastes better bigger thicker vapor cool shiney things the list is long.

Congrats on makin the start, i noticed slight withdrawl first couple of days , i mean SLIGHT. had a cig on third day and stubbed it out after 5 pulls , felt was no point as vaping gave better throat hit never looked back

I tried using an e-cig that looked like an actual smoke, and this was the major problem I had, no throat hit. Didn't feel like I was smoking.

Ordered one of the models that takes liquid and all that good jazz yesterday, should be here today with liquids arriving tomorrow.

Would REALLY like for this to work, so many choices and variants and different suggestions , I just took a plunge on something a fellw novice recommended. Will report back how I got on, and if its rubbish hopefully get some direction towards a good one.

Have you a like to what you ordered Doc

I've really got in to the carto thing now, a big thanks to Ionised and Mr Chrome.

One question though, I'm using a boge xl in the IB tank on a sigelei 20 and it sounds like I'm frying chips.

I'm getting tons of vapour, excellent flavour etc, but it's just noisy. Is this due to the gap you get with the Sigelei, or have I done something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I've really got in to the carto thing now, a big thanks to Ionised and Mr Chrome.

One question though, I'm using a boge xl in the IB tank on a sigelei 20 and it sounds like I'm frying chips.

I'm getting tons of vapour, excellent flavour etc, but it's just noisy. Is this due to the gap you get with the Sigelei, or have I done something wrong?

Your doing it right. Cartos have a snap crackle pop thing going on that I miss a bit. Adds something to the experience but is a pain when trying to stealth in the cinema, you have to wait for a loud bit in the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I must admit to missing the 'carto sizzle'. This Squape is too quiet !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, something reassuring about the snap crackle and pop of a good carto.

Phew.

I must admit, it's been very easy so far, which always worries me.

Next up, the Killer.

Misses said I sounded like an annoying kid sucking the last out of a drink trough a straw when I used cartos. Did her head in :-)
    Good luck with the killer, faff city ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Misses said I sounded like an annoying kid sucking the last out of a drink trough a straw when I used cartos. Did her head in :-)
    Good luck with the killer, faff city ahead!

I was banned from using cartos when my wife was watching TV due to the noise :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Wooo-hooo...my OH's cuz is coming home for Paddy's day & has a Provari mini for me as a belated Xmas/birthday pressie :D

Advertisement