Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jake07

Folks,
    I bought the Eirhorse Start Kit... It was all grand until I brought it to pub this evening... why am I getting spashes of liquid in my mount? Did I shake it around in my pocket too much or something? Is this normal for all clearomizers or what?

And yes their juices are produced by dekang and packaged as Eirhorse! The fact that their selection of flavours are identical is a bit of a qive away! None of the staff or owners in electronic-cigarette.ie(who are Eirhorse) are irish,none of them speak English as their first language, the product is not produced in Ireland... and no irish at all are even involved in the manufacturing or branding.... so its a chinese product packaged by non-Irish and branded as if its Irish... thats not good! Are there any real irish products out there? Even Irish brands by IRISH people? can someone please step up and put some proper Irish quality into this whole thing???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Jake07 wrote: »
    And yes their juices are produced by dekang and packaged as Eirhorse! The fact that their selection of flavours are identical is a bit of a qive away! None of the staff or owners in electronic-cigarette.ie(who are Eirhorse) are irish,none of them speak English as their first language, the product is not produced in Ireland... and no irish at all are even involved in the manufacturing or branding.... so its a chinese product packaged by non-Irish and branded as if its Irish... thats not good! Are there any real irish products out there? Even Irish brands by IRISH people? can someone please step up and put some proper Irish quality into this whole thing???

People don't seem to have a problem watching foreign made TVs, or driving foreign cars. Heck, we all smoked cigarettes made in foreign factories.

OP, yes, it is a problem with clearos, especially cheap ones. Get yourself an evod or T3s and see how you get on with them. For now, give it a good was out, let it dry and try to keep it more or less upright and not over fill it.

If you need a quick fix, take the ckearo off, hold some tissue underneath and blow through it to clear it out.

Cheers Fratton Fred, I am new to vaping and I appreciate your advice.

In terms of your comment about foreign TV, cigarettes etc. I cannot agree though.... You didnt get my point... Nobody here in ireland ever tried to claim foreign cars, TV shows etc. as being Irish. They were taking as they were. My concern is, I bought the product to support my country but nothing about it is Irish. Is this how our country works now? We take other peoples produce and label as our own?

I'm fine with buying foreign produce if there is no Irish equivalent but I simply dont like or appreciate people who take advantage like that. There is a company in Galway currently being set up to manufacture e-cigs. they got 5Million from the government to help them. I hope they do a good job!

• Advertisement

The hardware isn't produced here, it never will be. European cost base just isn't ever going to compete.

E-smokeireland has their own quality juices that are produced to their spec in a lab in England I believe, but they may make some themselves.

But, all Irish vendors are adding value and creating jobs, just as powercity are when they sell a dishwasher.

Even buying Chinese products from an Estonian in Ireland is supporting the Irish economy more than buying from someone like fasttech.

All very true but again my point.... Power city is not branding the products as Irish. I have no problem buying goods in Ireland that are manufactured abroad.. yes the tax etc on those goods goes to the Gov etc.... thats fine. But dont stick an Irish sticker on it and tell me its an Irish product! Thats cheating the consumer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Jake07 wrote: »
    All very true but again my point.... Power city is not branding the products as Irish. I have no problem buying goods in Ireland that are manufactured abroad.. yes the tax etc on those goods goes to the Gov etc.... thats fine. But dont stick an Irish sticker on it and tell me its an Irish product! Thats cheating the consumer!

Ah now c'mon, there's sweet FA of anything sold on theses shores that is actually produced here, that's just the way it is,ha speaking of 'FA', I wonder are the Irish Jerseys manufactured here! with there big Irish logos(not sure about that one) anyway btw I'm sure I've read somewhere that Dekang produce about 70% of the WORLDS e-liquid, and they are strictly regulated and go through very thorough inspections and quality tests! anyway I've been dealing with www.electronic-cigarette.ie at least a year, and I've never had a problem with them none what so ever...... BTW eir-horse BH is a quality vape, so if you where a pretty strong cigarette user(back in the day)it's the one for you! just one more thing, most if not all 'electronic cigarette batteries' come from China, some with 'pre lasered' or silk screened company names or logos, and some plain and lasered on site!!

haha come on now thats a very poor argument , the Irish jersey :) That obviously has to have Ireland all over it LMAO!!! Youre still not seeing my point. Its not about quality and its not about where its manufactured. Its simply about sticking an Irish label on it and saying its Irish! Anyway... no matter... but thanks for the luagh though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are the liquids from Fasttech ok?
    I really like the Dekang gold & silver which they have at a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

54kroc wrote: »
    Are the liquids from Fasttech ok?
    I really like the Dekang gold & silver which they have at a great price.

Yeah, I find the white 100ml bottles the same as the white 50ml bottles you get here. The strengths of the clear bottles don't match up, medium strength in the white bottles is 11mg, same as here, but the clear bottles are 12mg. Hope that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I've tried their 50ml 24mg Hangsen RY4, .. I was well impressed.

"Arrived at overseas (Country code: IE)"

Oh what beautiful words.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 myselfNhimself

Hey guys

Hope this is the right place to post this..

I have been reading and reading and reading...and have finally bitten the bullet and bought an ecig starter kit and juices. I am totally new to vaping so please be nice with all the jargon :)

Now my problem is this. I am not getting any satisfaction from my ecig and I don't know why. I thought it might be the juice which was 18mg of some tobacco flavour. I even mixed in some menthol. No joy. I bought 24mg of another tobacco flavour, still no joy.

I used the clearo and wick bit off a new kit I got today (identical one) with the same 24mg juice and can really notice the difference. It's a much stronger 'hit'.

So what could be wrong with the other ecig. Is it the clearo? or the middle bit with the wick I think (forget name)

I have noticed hairline crack on the old clearo, could that be whats wrong? Plus there's a difference with the wick part (metal bit) on both kits. The new one has little threads noticeable on it whereas the old one doesn't, it just looks like glue or something on each side.

Hope you can follow all that! I really want to give up the smokes and was hoping to take to the ecig like a duck to water but...it's a learning process ain't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Hi myself (never thought id type that ) not sure i can help , what kits/clearos did you get ?

what part of the satisfaction do you feel is missing in the first clearo ?

are you getting good vapor from both ?

did you use the same battery with both cleros?

EDIT it sounds like a dodgy wick or coil, if clero is cracked bin it regardless, what type clero is it

Hey masonchat

This is the starter kit I bought if I can link it.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/electronic-cigarettes-starter-kits/363-new-single-ego-t-with-h2-starter-kit.html

It's probably not the best kit I know but didn't wanna spend too much if it was gonna end up in the bin ha.

It's a h2 bottom coil clearomiser. I don't know how to describe the unsatisfactory feeling, maybe I'm just used to cigarettes? But after putting my battery on to the new clearo+coil/wick of the new kit, I can notice a bigger hit, it's stronger or something, if you know what I mean.

So you reckon it's probably the clearo or coil. Should I just get new ones so? Or just the coil bit? I just want to it to do its magic and get me off the figs. Its early days yet though I suppose!

Good vapour from both yes
    Same battery with both clearo thingys yes
    *cigs not figs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Hi,

If it's a decent brand H2 clearo then they rock as as far as I'm concerned.
    Are you posting this immediately after trying it? Apologies I don't mean to sound "off" with you.

Most clearos from new need filling and then about 5 or 10 mins to soak before they are ready, even then it can take a couple of fills for the flavour to come through.

I've often been surprised when I give up on a clearo and left it aside, only to come back to it a couple of days later to find that it's working great.

Just my 2c worth!

It could be as neil said, always give a new clearo/atomizer (atomizer is the replacable part inside the clearo ) time for juice to soak into the wick , next step is to prime it by taking a few light drags WITHOUT pressing the button, 3rd step vape,relax.enjoy.

atomizer can be unpredictable some last a week some last a month and some sadly might not work a day, spares are essential.

spares are the name of the game with vaping , spare batteries, atomizers .

Some liquids need steeping =leaving bottle open in dark place for a period of time, some say a day some say 2 weeks, trial and error really but some liquids do improve a lot with time , especially tobacco flavors.

you were getting good vapor so coil and wick are working, you used same battery so voltage was the same for both (3.7v regulated for your battery)

Some clearos produce better flavor than others , simple as that.

What was the second clearo you put on your battery

Hi,

If it's a decent brand H2 clearo then they rock as as far as I'm concerned.
    Are you posting this immediately after trying it? Apologies I don't mean to sound "off" with you.

Most clearos from new need filling and then about 5 or 10 mins to soak before they are ready, even then it can take a couple of fills for the flavour to come through.

I've often been surprised when I give up on a clearo and left it aside, only to come back to it a couple of days later to find that it's working great.

Just my 2c worth!

I have the starter kit about a week so had liquid in it since then so it had plenty of soaking. Dunno the brand sorry.

Hey masonchat

I did everything you said in your reply there, have the ecig since last week with liquid in it. I will try open the bottles to steep them, see if that works, hopefully it does cos I'm not really getting any flavours. Will also get a new clearo or whatever and see if there's a difference then. Think you asked what clearo I used second time... same exact type (h2 bottom coil).

Any other advice to give a noobie vaper that is struggling would be greatly appreciated :D

• Advertisement

Have you spoken to the best shop? Bart is very helpful.

Grab yourself an evod though, much more user friendly.

MYselfnhimself i only today received a 10 pack of H2 clearos from fasttech (10 for $13 cant beat that for back up tanks) BUT good vapor yes, the draw is EXTREMELY light zero resistance, ( a finger over one of the holes helps a bit) .

flavor so far on second refill virtually non existant throat hit zero, a straight lung inhale did produce some throat hit.

Now the ones i got are most likely a cheaper version of the already cheapest clearo on the market, jury is still out as i might have picked a poor one from box but first impressions are not good.

I highly recommend the aspire ETS BDC these are stainless steel and pyrex , 2 these at 7 euro each and pack of 5 spare coils 10 euro should last you a long time

Myselfnhimself think i may have found solution to your problem and my own with these tanks.

What i did was unscrew bottom of tank, leave the atomizer screwed in, the silicone ring just lifts off, remove that, then you see where the post is slotted into atomizer, need to pry that post off (without damaging it or casing i used a butter knife easy.

Once thats done you will see what are ironically called flavor wicks, these are just loose strands of wick which are not attacked to main wick that is wrapped by the coil, remove these loose flavor wicks and reassemble everything else.

Flavor is MUCH better now,

Thanks Fred, have read on here about the evod, will keep that and masons one in mind.

Okay mason... I am lost. Can you draw me a picture of what you mean? haha no joke. Okay this thing comes in 3 parts...the top clear bit (clearo?), then the middle bit which is metal (whats that called?) and then the battery.

There is so many names to get the hang of..coil head, atomiser, tank, etc. Do some mean the same thing?

Is it the middle bit I'm meant to be messing with here? If yeah, I have it apart and removed rubber ring thing... then I am lost sorry. You mentioned a post or something and removing it but I haven't a clue :o

Thanks Fred, have read on here about the evod, will keep that and masons one in mind.

Okay mason... I am lost. Can you draw me a picture of what you mean? haha no joke. Okay this thing comes in 3 parts...the top clear bit (clearo?), then the middle bit which is metal (whats that called?) and then the battery.

There is so many names to get the hang of..coil head, atomiser, tank, etc. Do some mean the same thing?

Is it the middle bit I'm meant to be messing with here? If yeah, I have it apart and removed rubber ring thing... then I am lost sorry. You mentioned a post or something and removing it but I haven't a clue :o

Forget the battery that is just a battery, the other unit in its entirety is called a clearomizer or a tank.

When you unscrew the bottom of clearomizer as you do when filling it. now put the plastic part aside , what you are left with is what we are concerned about.

now that seperates into 2 main parts, the center screws out, that is the piece that houses the wick and coil, and what people are referring to if they said replace coil head , you can buy these for under 2 euro i think.

you dont need to unscrew it to do what i said in my earlier post its easier to leave it screwed it.

when you removed the white plastic bit , and you look at what was hiding beneath it you should see where the post sits in.

once you get the post out (silver tube) you will then see clearly the wick and coil and should be able to follow mt earlier comments i.e remove the loose strands of wick, and put the rest all back together.

hope this helps

Ahhh! I didnt know the middle part all unscrewed, etc. Well anyway I did everything you said. Maybe a bit too well though.

Cos now I can see the wick glowing red through the clearo when Im pressing the button and that never happened before. Is that okay or have I completely destroyed it? Think I took out too much gunk or broke the wick. If thats possible. It's still vaping for me though. So far.

Thanks for your patience and response :)

This here nemesis clone thingy. Tricky little sucker to get right isn't it?

Maybe I should read the instructions, which I've obviously mislaid somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

This here nemesis clone thingy. Tricky little sucker to get right isn't it?

Maybe I should read the instructions, which I've obviously mislaid somewhere!

What's going wrong with it?

Just tighten your negative contact to the button, your positive to your attached atty and if you're using it without a kick remove the kick ring and the beauty ring.

Bish Bash Bosh, tidy piece of treacle, etc etc.

Ahhh! I didnt know the middle part all unscrewed, etc. Well anyway I did everything you said. Maybe a bit too well though.

Cos now I can see the wick glowing red through the clearo when Im pressing the button and that never happened before. Is that okay or have I completely destroyed it? Think I took out too much gunk or broke the wick. If thats possible. It's still vaping for me though. So far.

Thanks for your patience and response :)

Did you put the parts back together , minus the loose strands of wick ?

when you removed the loose bits you should have been able to then see the coil wrapped around the main wick .

As long as you didnt tear out the wick that is wrapped between the coil should be ok.
    I dont know how you can vape and see coil at same time lol , but i dont think coil would be red during vaping so long as wick is being kept moist (could be wrong about that )

How is it vaping anyway

• Advertisement

masonchat wrote: »
    Did you put the parts back together , minus the loose strands of wick ?

when you removed the loose bits you should have been able to then see the coil wrapped around the main wick .

As long as you didnt tear out the wick that is wrapped between the coil should be ok.
    I dont know how you can vape and see coil at same time lol , but i dont think coil would be red during vaping so long as wick is being kept moist (could be wrong about that )

How is it vaping anyway

Yep I put it all back together minus 2 stringy lil bits. It was kind of hard to see what I was pulling out, I nearly needed a magnifying glass. So I used a tweezers anyway, got some loose bits out. I tried some other bits but think they were attached. Could I have broken the wick/coil?? Cos you know the 2 bits that stick out like thread bits either side..well one is kinda non-existant now. Well it's there but its very minute.

Don't really know what you mean by tearing out wick thats wrapped between coil but I've a funny feeling that maybe that's what I did! Oops! It's very hard to see what your doing and when ya haven't a clue really... well! I blame you lol only messing. I appreciate your help :D

It's still working anyway but still glowing red, I have had it stood up for ages so should be well wet I reckon. Maybe someone else knows why it's glowing???

The vape is definitely improved. I don't feel like I'm sucking my cheeks inside out. Not sure about the taste/flavour though. I think the taste is different. Maybe a burn taste, not sure. Oh yeah I succumbed and bought a pack of cigs today :( I really do wanna get this thing right and start being a full time vaper though!

Advertisement