Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I cant for the life of me understand how you can see a glowing coil in an assembled clearo while vaping :eek: .

The strands i was talking about would have been about size of a grain of rice and more or less placed over the coil, restricting your view of the coil, if its vaping its working, i wouldnt worry about it.

ItS no great loss to mess with one of these lol, its really worth the couple of extra euro to get a better clearo evod or aspire es as said earlier.

Tell ya something im getting one sore throat from this H2 clearo after a few hours , never got a soar throat in last 2 months and havent over vaped today.

look up videos on youtube and you will get a better understanding of all the bits n bobs

Yep I put it all back together minus 2 stringy lil bits. It was kind of hard to see what I was pulling out, I nearly needed a magnifying glass. So I used a tweezers anyway, got some loose bits out. I tried some other bits but think they were attached. Could I have broken the wick/coil?? Cos you know the 2 bits that stick out like thread bits either side..well one is kinda non-existant now. Well it's there but its very minute.

Don't really know what you mean by tearing out wick thats wrapped between coil but I've a funny feeling that maybe that's what I did! Oops! It's very hard to see what your doing and when ya haven't a clue really... well! I blame you lol only messing. I appreciate your help :D

It's still working anyway but still glowing red, I have had it stood up for ages so should be well wet I reckon. Maybe someone else knows why it's glowing???

The vape is definitely improved. I don't feel like I'm sucking my cheeks inside out. Not sure about the taste/flavour though. I think the taste is different. Maybe a burn taste, not sure. Oh yeah I succumbed and bought a pack of cigs today :( I really do wanna get this thing right and start being a full time vaper though!

Pity i didnt find this for you earlier lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FQi3wZWpE4 this guy only takes out 1 flavor wick wont do any harm that we removed both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 19 myselfNhimself

I don't know why it's glowing either lol but just googled it and it seems to be popular no? The took out 2 bits of wick I think bout a cm long. Then I tried picking at more so maybe that's where I f**d it up.. Ah well it's all a learning process. It is def still vaping for me but with glowing bits lol.. and the taste/flavour might be a bit burnt. Or harsher than it was. So think I need a new coil head what do you think? I will definitely stock up on them, just got the basics to try it out at the start. I have a good few juices mind you! Pity I can't enjoy them. Gonna get new coil or whatever it is tomorrow and new clearo see how it goes.

Had a look at that vid plus a few other ones bout vaping. It's a minefield of info ain't it!

It is boggling at the start for sure , i really dont think you broke it, i wouldnt bother with a new head for that clearo if i was you trust me get aspire es BDC http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/etsbdc.htm

and spare coils 5 pack http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/SearchResults.asp?Search=aspire&Submit=Search (first option on list) 17euro for a solid tank that will last no fiddling required and 5 spare coils will last you MINIMUM 5 weeks,

I got 2 of those tanks starting and 5 spare heads using them 6 weeks now , havent had one die yet and im a fairly heavy vapor, and you can wash them out a few times when they gunk up but we will leave that for another day lol

17 might seem like a sting when you only spent 20 on your kit, but a good tank is vital . the 10 H2 clearos i got for $13 id swap now for a 5 pack of heads for my aspire's lol

• Advertisement

Well I was gonna get a new clearo thing from healthier smoker tomorrow cos no shop is nearer to me and otherwise I'd have to wait for delivery. Was lookin at those links you gave me. Is delivery free? You say the coils in the link are a 5 pack but it doesn't say that, just says 2euro, I assume thats for one? Where are you getting 17euro then for everything if it's 7 for clearo and 2 for coils. I really need to get the right things to make this work. I just wanna actually like it and stick with it and get off the damn smokes. My sister got one few weeks ago and hasnt smoked a cig since. I am sooo weak! haha how long have you been vaping? It seems all the rage now!

The heads are 2 euro each, you could get how ever many u want, they are next day delivery if you order b4 lunch as are barginvapor and thebestshop, id rather wait a day for a good thing than get a bad thing ill have a look see what healthier smoker have

havent touched a cig 2 months now not even a craving after 2nd day

couldnt advise you on the clearos at healthier smoker, delivery with the one i mentioned above esmokeireland is around 3 euro i think, if order is more than 20 euro get 10% discount , discount code is BOARDS .

Other vendors codes here http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

ardle1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Johnsons Baby cotton balls have to be boiled, the only extra info on the bag is, '100% Pure Cotton'! .. I'm Vaping it right now(straight from the bag)and no unusual taste or anything, just a great vape.

I second this question , what cotton do ye use and where can it be got ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

ardle1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Johnsons Baby cotton balls have to be boiled, the only extra info on the bag is, '100% Pure Cotton'! .. I'm Vaping it right now(straight from the bag)and no unusual taste or anything, just a great vape.
    masonchat wrote: »
    I second this question , what cotton do ye use and where can it be got ?

Sorry masonchat, just started this as a new Thread.. Gonna delete it now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

grindle wrote: »
    What's going wrong with it?

Just tighten your negative contact to the button, your positive to your attached atty and if you're using it without a kick remove the kick ring and the beauty ring.

Bish Bash Bosh, tidy piece of treacle, etc etc.

I've been playing around basically and when changing from a 18350 to an 18500 it just seems to take a bit of time to get it to fire.

What seems to work is loosen the positive, screw the atty in, put it all together and then keep adjusting the negative screw until it fires. Does this sound about right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I've been playing around basically and when changing from a 18350 to an 18500 it just seems to take a bit of time to get it to fire.

What seems to work is loosen the positive, screw the atty in, put it all together and then keep adjusting the negative screw until it fires. Does this sound about right?

It might be something to do with the springs in the switch, I had a few issues with mine at first. If you search the fasttech forums you'll find a link to magnets you can buy (for about $1) which greatly improve the switch, I'd highly recommend it.

Actually I just read the rest of your post, if you're using a kick that's probably the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

Bought these on Fasttech to use on Kanger Clearomizer T3S:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1418300

but they leak like hell. Eventhough all teh reviews on fasttech said that they were up to the job.

They are smaller and have a little hole on the bottom than the proper Kanger ones.

Has anyone else tried these/got any experience with them?

Can they be used for anything else - I have 20 of them left ?

Thanks

rickyjb wrote: »
    It might be something to do with the springs in the switch, I had a few issues with mine at first. If you search the fasttech forums you'll find a link to magnets you can buy (for about $1) which greatly improve the switch, I'd highly recommend it.

Actually I just read the rest of your post, if you're using a kick that's probably the issue...

You think it could be the kick misfiring?

I don't particularly like the switch I must admit, it's a bit clunky. Will magnets improve that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Are you unscrewing the negative pin that screws into the switch? That should be tight but it can work itself loose.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Are you unscrewing the negative pin that screws into the switch? That should be tight but it can work itself loose.

A bit, if that's too tight the battery is loose.

You need to play around with different batteries if you have different types. Did you take off the beauty ring? The switch itself is what you use to tighten up the battery. With mine in 650 flat tops fit best. Button tops leave the switch sticking out a bit.
    Magnets help with the smoothness of the switch. I got mine from dx magnets but the FT ones should be just as good. I would send you some but I've already given my spares away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Bought these on Fasttech to use on Kanger Clearomizer T3S:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1418300

but they leak like hell. Eventhough all teh reviews on fasttech said that they were up to the job.

They are smaller and have a little hole on the bottom than the proper Kanger ones.

Has anyone else tried these/got any experience with them?

Can they be used for anything else - I have 20 of them left ?

Thanks
    Did you figure out why these were leaking Iba?

masonchat wrote: »
    couldnt advise you on the clearos at healthier smoker, delivery with the one i mentioned above esmokeireland is around 3 euro i think, if order is more than 20 euro get 10% discount , discount code is BOARDS .

Other vendors codes here http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

Still havnt order new stuff. Was smokin cigs I bought other day. Dreadful I know! So disappointed in the ecig though, just wish it had worked straight away for me.. But after all I you told me to do regarding the coil, etc.. it is actually vaping more. And I can get the flavour or scent of it.. I just think I need someone who's an expert to tell me if its working properly cos I dunno if it is... Earlier today and last night I think I got a burnt taste off it. But after i messed around with it and changed liquid it seems better..but im not sure. Why am I not loving it?!!! I so want to! So frustrating! Must get a new coil think I damaged it when messing other night. Still seeing a slight red glowing from the wick inside clearo when I press the button...not as much now but just a little. Anyone know what could be wrong????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Still seeing a slight red glowing from the wick inside clearo when I press the button...not as much now but just a little. Anyone know what could be wrong????

Possibilities:
    When you were fiddling with the coil you may have pushed it against the head that it's inside, creating a small short circuit.
    When fiddling you may have removed wick from inside the coil - if any coil isn't touching wet wick it will burn.

The first one you can look at the coil head and make sure the coil is centred in the head, not touching the walls.
    For number two you can rewick the coil with a thin sliver of cotton make-up pad, but judging from earlier comments your eyesight might not be the best? If you go that route: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-to-upgrade-a-Vision-Ego-Rebuildable-OR-Vivi-Nova-with-cotton-wool-pads

• Advertisement

Still havnt order new stuff. Was smokin cigs I bought other day. Dreadful I know! So disappointed in the ecig though, just wish it had worked straight away for me.. But after all I you told me to do regarding the coil, etc.. it is actually vaping more. And I can get the flavour or scent of it.. I just think I need someone who's an expert to tell me if its working properly cos I dunno if it is... Earlier today and last night I think I got a burnt taste off it. But after i messed around with it and changed liquid it seems better..but im not sure. Why am I not loving it?!!! I so want to! So frustrating! Must get a new coil think I damaged it when messing other night. Still seeing a slight red glowing from the wick inside clearo when I press the button...not as much now but just a little. Anyone know what could be wrong????

I dont suppose you could take a pic of the coil and post it here ? im guessing there isnt much wrong with it though bar it not being a great one or a poorer than normal one,

call into healthier smonker and ask them

What liquid did you say you were using

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Did you figure out why these were leaking Iba?

No.

Has anyone tried the 3D RDA from fasttech?

It's an RDA with a small tank and can screw straight on to a Nemesis, like a hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

It only went up last week on Fasttech so I doubt anyone has tried it yet. Can't go wrong for the price though.

Ordered one yesterday, should be a laugh, all that pumping. More curious about the hybridineseses of it though.:-)
    Cheap as chips!

Jumped on the bandwagon as well. Im not convinced at all by the concept but at that price I may as well find out for myself.

Hopefully it's better than the origen clone...

Hopefully it's better than the origen clone...

You don't like it? What's happening with it?

You don't like it? What's happening with it?

Nothing majorly wrong with it, just find the vape very dry and flavourless, it's designed like a bottom fed tank atomiser. It's fine for the first few drags when the coil is really saturated but then the vape noticeably drys out, which completely defeats the purpose of the drip wells at the bottom.

Not to mention the fact that the chamber is waayyy too big so it's a cool/dry vape. I like the look of it and it's well made (or would have been if it had 3 sets of airholes instead of 4, no single coil mode!) but I think the trident is a much better vape.

I have a single twisted coil (4 strands of different wires) in at the moment and it's a bit better but only because I have a large cloud of cotton wrapped around the top above the coil which keeps it fed. The fact that I have to use selotape to cover one of the airholes in single coil mode doesn't help matters.

Basically bottom fed vertical coils have no place in a low resistance dripper, end of story. I've yet to try it with horizontal mode but I'm not optimistic, there's no getting away from the fact that the chamber is too big. Also it looks like the airhole might be too high, and moving the coil up would mean it's too far away from the drip well and it won't wick properly.

What kind of setup are you using Grindle?

And what the hell is up with the drip tip that comes with it?!:confused: Way too skinny.

Edit: I'm possibly being slightly harsh but for €45 for a clone I'd rather have 5 x $12 tridents.

Nothing majorly wrong with it, just find the vape very dry and flavourless, it's designed like a bottom fed tank atomiser.
    Not to mention the fact that the chamber is waayyy too big so it's a cool/dry vape.
    I have a single twisted coil (4 strands of different wires) in at the moment and it's a bit better but only because I have a large cloud of cotton wrapped around the top above the coil which keeps it fed. The fact that I have to use selotape to cover one of the airholes in single coil mode doesn't help matters.

Basically bottom fed vertical coils have no place in a low resistance dripper, end of story. I've yet to try it with horizontal mode but I'm not optimistic, there's no getting away from the fact that the chamber is too big. Also it looks like the airhole might be too high, and moving the coil up would mean it's too far away from the drip well and it won't wick properly.

What kind of setup are you using Grindle?

And what the hell is up with the drip tip that comes with it?!:confused: Way too skinny.

I can see it being too big for a single coil alright, but wouldn't ever do single so don't experience that downfall. Can't say I've noticed it feeling dry to me either, my wick always seems saturated - less of a saturated vape than rope w/mesh would have it but still great.
    I'm using two twisted 0.32mm kanthal coils, 5/6 wraps around cotton wool measuring at 0.3ohm - doubt I'd sense a larger chamber even if I was using the RSST cap to be fair, and the chunk of wire that it is means my airholes are dead-on-centre to the coils' centre. I also have cotton linking between both wicks so it has a little juice-store around the positive post, maybe that's why I get no dryness?
    That drip tip is crappy indeed. Some folk reckon it concentrates flavour enough to justify but I see the Origen V2 is picking my preferred option of a shorty tip.
    Edit: I'm possibly being slightly harsh but for €45 for a clone I'd rather have 5 x $12 tridents.
    Maybe. So...ehmmm...When're you selling it?

• Advertisement

I can see it being too big for a single coil alright, but wouldn't ever do single so don't experience that downfall. Can't say I've noticed it feeling dry to me either, my wick always seems saturated - less of a saturated vape than rope w/mesh would have it but still great.
    I'm using two twisted 0.32mm kanthal coils, 5/6 wraps around cotton wool measuring at 0.3ohm - doubt I'd sense a larger chamber even if I was using the RSST cap to be fair, and the chunk of wire that it is means my airholes are dead-on-centre to the coils' centre. I also have cotton linking between both wicks so it has a little juice-store around the positive post, maybe that's why I get no dryness?
    That drip tip is crappy indeed. Some folk reckon it concentrates flavour enough to justify but I see the Origen V2 is picking my preferred option of a shorty tip.

Maybe. So...ehmmm...When're you selling it?

I never said I was selling it now did I, it looks too good on a nemesis :P

0.3 ohms, I was at 0.7 with dual coils, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. At that low resistance you can't be getting much flavour though?

Have you ordered a 3D from FT yet? $15! I'm wary of buying something without reviews but it'd be a great device if it works.

Advertisement