Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

There's the kanger aerotank base too, gives adjustable airflow to a protank 2/3 and the aerotank itself obviously comes with one. Aspire nautilus has airflow control as well.

I wouldn't touch the eMode tbh for the price of it, reviews were not good. The coils/atomizers it uses are really old tech, don't work well with thicker juices and cost €5 a pop.

An itaste vv v3.0 with an aerotank would give you most of the same feature minus the computer connecting rubbish for less than half the price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thanks guys. I have a few tanks/clearomizers I've tried. Kanger T2, T3, Vision VT. It's a menagerie of tank options. I still mainly vape cartos (boge xl) because I found none of them all that satisying to be honest. The draw on cartos is the only thing that can annoy me a bit so if the eMode was any good I might consider it but hearing what ye say and it's not that much of an issue I'll hold fire I think. All these options and I still stick with my cartos. I don't need a VV device anyway. I have a provari from way back although none of the clearomizers seem to work on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Were you looking to make it tighter? Nothing can make a carto looser than it already is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

grindle wrote: »
    Were you looking to make it tighter? Nothing can make a carto looser than it already is.

I wasn't looking to make the cartos anything. I assumed nothing could be done there. Just liked the idea of any device with adjustable draw if the device itself was any good. Most of the time the cartos are fine but as I say just like the idea.

mewso wrote: »
    I wasn't looking to make the cartos anything. I assumed nothing could be done there. Just liked the idea of any device with adjustable draw if the device itself was any good. Most of the time the cartos are fine but as I say just like the idea.

Ahh. If you have a ProVari would you not use the most basic dripper with AFC you could buy? Trident Clone + ProVari would still be an astounding vape.
    Depending on how much liquid you use dripping isn't much of a bug bear unless you're a 3ml+ user, then it starts to feel a chore, otherwise it's just an occasional dripping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Something like this or this could make the draw tighter on a carto.

I think the screws can be used to create a vacuum effect which may help (or may just stop it being even airier of course).

I've only switched to cartos and have been looking at these to see but finding it hard to get info about them.

Carto users seem to be a distinct minority (sadface)

Ahh. If you have a ProVari would you not use the most basic dripper with AFC you could buy? Trident Clone + ProVari would still be an astounding vape.
    Depending on how much liquid you use dripping isn't much of a bug bear unless you're a 3ml+ user, then it starts to feel a chore, otherwise it's just an occasional dripping.

Yeah we're into double-dutch territory. RDA?, AFC? - Athlone Football Club? :)

Yeah the more I look at pages like this I think the market is saturated with so many different devices you would spend the price of two eModes trying them all out. I think I'll move out of the rabbit hole and back to sticking with the cartos and this time next year when I get curious again there will probably be only 200/300 different tanks/clearomizers to chose from.

I think I'll move out of the rabbit hole and back to sticking with the cartos and this time next year when I get curious again there will probably be only 200/300 different tanks/clearomizers to chose from.
    Yeah we're into double-dutch territory. RDA?, AFC? - Athlone Football Club? :)

RDA = Repairable/Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser (shame on the Adam of Irish vapers not knowing this! :D )

AFC = AirFlow Control

If you want I'll happily throw either an RSST (Genisis tank atty) or iGO-W your way to see if you like them, already set up to suit a ProVari, just PM your address if interested. Neither has an adjustable draw but both are very very different to Boges.

accaguest wrote: »
    Something like this or this could make the draw tighter on a carto.

I think the screws can be used to create a vacuum effect which may help (or may just stop it being even airier of course).

I've only switched to cartos and have been looking at these to see but finding it hard to get info about them.

Carto users seem to be a distinct minority (sadface)

I should clarify that to me cartos start off fine but after some use they tighten up too much in my experience presumably from simple cloggage so I really wasn't thinking there would be a solution for that. The other downside is cartos 'aint that great for flavours so I tend to stick to my beloved bog standard joy tobacco (although a lot of vendors are selling the stuff that tastes more like dekang - I prefer the old peppery flavour).

• Advertisement

RDA = Repairable/Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser (shame on the Adam of Irish vapers not knowing this! :D )

AFC = AirFlow Control

If you want I'll happily throw either an RSST (Genisis tank atty) or iGO-W your way to see if you like them, already set up to suit a ProVari, just PM your address if interested. Neither has an adjustable draw but both are very very different to Boges.

Thanks grindle. This Adam hasn't the time anymore to keep up. Thanks for the offer but I'm happy to buy one of those two. Whichever you think is the best of the two. I'll order it and report back.

I should clarify that to me cartos start off fine but after some use they tighten up too much in my experience presumably from simple cloggage so I really wasn't thinking there would be a solution for that. The other downside is cartos 'aint that great for flavours so I tend to stick to my beloved bog standard joy tobacco (although a lot of vendors are selling the stuff that tastes more like dekang - I prefer the old peppery flavour).

Ah, ok.

I don't suppose anyone would be able to explain what those screws do to me :o

I thought at first it was keep the carto more secure, then maybe for easier filling, now to change the draw so that sometimes it's to resaturate the filler/sometimes to vape directly from the cart?

Actually I see esmoke ireland have bridgeless 306 attys. I might buy some of those and use my old Integrity juice feeding system with it. I ran out of 306s a long time ago but the flavour on those babies was top notch. Good memories of Enjuice liquids on the 306.

Thanks grindle. This Adam hasn't the time anymore to keep up. Thanks for the offer but I'm happy to buy one of those two. Whichever you think is the best of the two. I'll order it and report back.

I was recommending on what I had to give - RSSTs are a bitch because you have to jump in at the deep end re: mesh (which I obvo would've set up for you).
    The iGO-W is just-about palatable on a Provari at full wattage dual-coiled (I say that as a snob, it might be amazing to a Boge user - there's such a wide distance nowadays)
    A Trident clone would be best. It's adjustable & has a single-hole option - you can close that single massive hole off as much as you want (as adjustable as anyone needs).
    http://www.vaperus.ie/drippers/463-trident-dripper.html
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/trident.htm
    http://www.bargainvapour.com/Trident_Re-buildable_Atomizer/p1274299_11586138.aspx
    Vaperus' and ESI''s versions are the least close to the original, but the BV version (unless it's updated stock) is cloned from a bad batch of the original - they'd have to have a Nemesis or it's clone to check..fine on a Provari, just bad on a Nemesis.
    And you'll need wire (0.30mm).
    And wick.
    accaguest wrote: »
    Ah, ok.

I don't suppose anyone would be able to explain what those screws do to me :o

I thought at first it was keep the carto more secure, then maybe for easier filling, now to change the draw so that sometimes it's to resaturate the filler/sometimes to vape directly from the cart?

On the Sub tanks it's for side-filling, on the Kamry the bottom screw is to hold the carto in place and the top is to fill.

On the Sub tanks it's for side-filling, on the Kamry the bottom screw is to hold the carto in place and the top is to fill.

Thanks a lot. Kamry next on the list then.

Hmm, so my perfect set-up still doesn't exist. What a cold, heartless world we live in.

Thanks for that grindle. I suspect you got the wick link wrong there but what dimeter is best? Is it 1 type for sinlge and another if you are going for dual?

I suspect you got the wick link wrong there but what dimeter is best? Is it 1 type for sinlge and another if you are going for dual?

I really didn't. That cotton is my main wick. One bag = life-time supply, minimal amounts needed.
    If you're opting for silica over cotton (who knows why?) then the general consensus built by GH and Sir Digby seems to be multiple thin strands = better than one thick strand, so 1mm doubled > 2mm.
    But cotton beats all...well mesh does if pushing to extremes, but it's a pain in the arse to change and set up-->that's why cotton has been the "NextBigThing" for over a year now. It's the easiest to deal with by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does anyone know what the actual thread is on a 510 fitting? My Kayfun has turned up and it won't screw on to a battery properly, so I wanted to run a die down it to clean it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Does anyone know what the actual thread is on a 510 fitting? My Kayfun has turned up and it won't screw on to a battery properly, so I wanted to run a die down it to clean it up.

Found this. Hope it helps.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/30256-taps-dies-901-801-510-4xx.html

Ionised wrote: »

It does. Thanks.

Well, actually, it doesn't. It's an M7x0.5 thread apparently. Standard M7 thread has a 1mm pitch, so I won't have the correct die.

Looks like I will be sending it back.

Bugger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Can you try screwing it into an old ego or something to re-thread it. I got a squape with the same problem and I used an old riva battery and i screwed it in and out a few times with a bit of force and it worked.
    If you can take a picture of the gammy threads they should send you a new one without returning it.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Can you try screwing it into an old ego or something to re-thread it. I got a squape with the same problem and I used an old riva battery and i screwed it in and out a few times with a bit of force and it worked.
    If you can take a picture of the gammy threads they should send you a new one without returning it.

I'll give that a try. I've a couple of old batteries kicking around.

Got it working ok on an old battery, couldn't get a reading on the itaste though.

Screwed it in to the nemesis and I can't get the bloody thing off now.

Not that it's too much of a problem at the moment, it is working an absolute treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

Is there a list of brick & mortar vaping stores in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Figured I'd make a post here rather then a new thread.

Want to give my e-cig another bang after kinda giving up on it early on. Through no fault of its own, went on a short trip where i Forgot it and ended up smoking again.

The liquid I have is WAY too strong, its like 25mg Nic when I had moved to much lighter cigarettes, no idea why I bought that liquid. Anyway I've got some lighter stuff, but don't want to go through the current liquid before I refill.

Best place to buy replacement/spare "top parts". The bit where the liquid goes into :D

Under the impression they need replacing every and again anyway, so might aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

TheDoc wrote: »
    Figured I'd make a post here rather then a new thread.

Want to give my e-cig another bang after kinda giving up on it early on. Through no fault of its own, went on a short trip where i Forgot it and ended up smoking again.

The liquid I have is WAY too strong, its like 25mg Nic when I had moved to much lighter cigarettes, no idea why I bought that liquid. Anyway I've got some lighter stuff, but don't want to go through the current liquid before I refill.

Best place to buy replacement/spare "top parts". The bit where the liquid goes into :D

Under the impression they need replacing every and again anyway, so might aswell.

Hi doc i seen another post where u said feck all vapour from your ecig,would u prefer a classic army sportline or a ptw? Same applies in vaping. Cotton wicks and variable volt or wattage is the ptw of vaping. Save yourself some heartache and upgrade to a form of rebuildable tank and doing your own coils and you will have success with the ecigs

I use 'the best shop,ezsmoke or e smokeireland'. Any of them will have what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Tickityboo

Got the same in tesco for €6.00
    A few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I see regulated mods are finally becoming useful again, seven22 looks great, review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8iXBVeDj9Y

Will definitely be looking to pick one of these up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Nice looking device alright but I don't get the whole 26650 battery trend going on right now. A 50amp battery is OTT for me. I would rather carry around a spare battery in the car or whatever instead of in the actual device.
    Saying all that I still wouldn't say no :-)

Just found Vapor tek usa have them on pre order for $79.99 plus 5% discount.

Advertisement