Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

rickyjb wrote: »
    I see regulated mods are finally becoming useful again, seven22 looks great, review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8iXBVeDj9Y

Will definitely be looking to pick one of these up soon.

Jaysus I'm so weak, gonna get that sh!t....... But then again, he could sell sand on the beach........ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Nice looking device alright but I don't get the whole 26650 battery trend going on right now. A 50amp battery is OTT for me. I would rather carry around a spare battery in the car or whatever instead of in the actual device.
    Saying all that I still wouldn't say no :-)

Just found Vapor tek usa have them on pre order for $79.99 plus 5% discount.

They do? Says 129.99 on the website at the moment. You got me excited there :pac: Think I'll hang on a little while until the price starts to drop, which I'm sure it will.

The amp rating on the battery is nothing to do with how long it lasts btw (at least not directly), it's about how much current it can draw.

22W is still not enough for a decent dual coil so we're not quite there yet. Being able to go down to 0.5ohms on a regulated device is great but at that resistance it will only give 3.3 V which is not much good for anything. Realistically it's only useful above about 0.65 ohms which is 3.78V, similar to what a mech mod puts out for the majority of a battery charge cycle.

If you vape around 1 ohm it will suit you best, you can get nearly 4.7V which is a big step up from a mech mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

rickyjb wrote: »
    They do? Says 129.99 on the website at the moment. You got me excited there :pac: Think I'll hang on a little while until the price starts to drop, which I'm sure it will.

The amp rating on the battery is nothing to do with how long it lasts btw (at least not directly), it's about how much current it can draw.

22W is still not enough for a decent dual coil so we're not quite there yet. Being able to go down to 0.5ohms on a regulated device is great but at that resistance it will only give 3.3 V which is not much good for anything. Realistically it's only useful above about 0.65 ohms which is 3.78V, similar to what a mech mod puts out for the majority of a battery charge cycle.

If you vape around 1 ohm it will suit you best, you can get nearly 4.7V which is a big step up from a mech mod.

Feckers put the price up a few hours ago. Vapor Joe is showing it at the old price.
    I understand amp ratings and mAh ratings, what I mean is a sony 30amp is more than enough for my needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Feckers put the price up a few hours ago. Vapor Joe is showing it at the old price.
    I understand amp ratings and mAh ratings, what I mean is a sony 30amp is more than enough for my needs.

So it really was up for that price? Just as well I didn't see it, I probably would have gotten one.

This device delivers nowhere near the potential wattage of a 30A battery in an unregulated mod (a 0.25ohm coil at 4V is only 16A but 64W for example).

30A should be more than enough for everyone's needs! It's having that in a regulated device that is, and probably will remain, the challenge for some time. Unless you're willing to fork out 300 dollars for a Gi2 of course... https://bevapehappy.com/shop/preorder-gi2-70-watt-mod-by-grand-innovations/

If something accessible and affordable isn't brought out soon people will have gotten so used to mech mods and building coils to suit a set voltage range of ~3.7-4.1V that people won't bother switching unless high resistance coils somehow become popular again. As you say a 30A battery gives you all the power you can possibly need.

Hana chi N A :-) is rolling out as we speak. Should be available in about a month. I'm hoping for around the $80 mark.
    I would give my left testicle for a Gi2 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

I'd like to thank whoever recommended Purplebox vapours on Crow st in Temple Bar. Steve was really cool, giving me a run down on a few starter kits and answering a range of questions I had on coils, PG vs VG, and everything in between. It was certainly better then the previous vape stores I had visited which had poor variety, non brand imitations and little knowledge when it came to questions I had.

I ended up getting the Evod and I'm delighted with my purchase. The Evod starter kit cost me €49 which was great value in comparison to many online sites. I got a free 10ml juice of my choice, and I bought 2 other flavours at €4.50 each (10ml).

Purplebox had many of the big brands including iTaste, joyetech, and Kanger. Unfortunately, they didn't have any protanks. Steve did mention that he had only opened in the last 2 months and was concentrating on getting the quality kits in first and then adding accessories in the near future. I'll definitely be back for for more juice in the mean time.

I would recommend that a sticky be introduced giving a list of b&m only shops. From reading here there's 2 in rathmines, 1 on Mary St, 1 on Gardner st, 1 in Jervis, and..... I can't remember the last one. I'm sure there is more but for those new to vaping who would like to test different kits before buying, it would be of huge benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Ehpro Atomic RDA
    20140403_124623.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've got the Kayfun fired up. Used .2 wire, twisted, and 8 wraps of a nail. Using cotton wool for a wick. It is reading 2 ohms.

The kick is set to 8watts.

I'm getting a ton if vapour, massive throat hit but not much taste, am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

Which Kayfun?

I tend to use .32 wrapped 6 times on a 2mm screwdriver, with cotton and its fine with the 3.1, or the Lite (not a plus).

The mini is a bit different. But all to 1.2ohms and therefore no kick.

I've not tried twisted wire with the Kayfun but taste might be muted by using too much cotton, or the distance over the airhole that you set your coil to.

Karl_c wrote: »
    Which Kayfun?

I tend to use .32 wrapped 6 times on a 2mm screwdriver, with cotton and its fine with the 3.1, or the Lite (not a plus).

The mini is a bit different. But all to 1.2ohms and therefore no kick.

I've not tried twisted wire with the Kayfun but taste might be muted by using too much cotton, or the distance over the airhole that you set your coil to.

It's a lite.

It might just be a poor attempt. I'll stick with it and retry when it's empty.

• Advertisement

I've an identical set up as Karl but I'm getting 1ohm, maybe my screwdriver is slightly less than 2mm. Are you getting dry hits or flooding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

all i can say is its not the wire or the twist as i have used both on the kayfun clone with grand results , have you watched rip trippers kayfun building vid, wish i could be more help

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

If you are more used to dripping with a decent RDA then the taste will appear slightly muted.

I think in pbusardo's YouTube review of the lite he does a cotton build. Less is more with cotton. Don't worry about the micro coil bit (squeezing the coil) as it doesn't make any difference. Coil wrapped on a screwdriver or drill bit should be fine.

I believe Todd from toddsreviews on YouTube just does a 3/4 hand wrap for silica tutorial in his review of the kayfuns which also has decent flavour.

No dry hits or flooding, I'm getting the odd "pop" though.

Thinking about it, it could be switching between the Kayfun and a carto.

Dunno. I'm still not entirely convinced by it, I think I might just be a carto junkie!

The new shop in Dun Laoghaire was mentioned in another thread, so I popped in today.

Nice little set up, selling what I would call the basics. Usual ego/ce4 starter kits, kanger mini/protanks and heads but also has things like the e-smart, vamo etc.

Their liquid is made in the eu, under licence for Vape Networks Ltd in Newry and is 70% vg, 30% pg. I bought some 12mg fruit burst and it is pretty decent.

€5 for a 10ml bottle, or three for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Anyone know if there are any more shops in Limerick besides the Healthier smoker one on Roches Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I just mailed Bargain Vapour with a query....and got an answer back within minutes.....at 8:10 on a Sunday evening......:eek:

Gotta hand it to them.....service like that is truly exemplary....still stunned at response....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jake07

Anyone shopped at www.evapourtech.com yet? Their Irish and the site looks good but are they???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mgriff

Hope I'm putting this in the right place? Has anyone ever bought from china-sell.com and if so what is the quality of their products like? also is the currency on their website hongkong dollar or U.s dollar? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mgriff

Smacs89 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any more shops in Limerick besides the Healthier smoker one on Roches Street?

There is a healthier smoker shop on Ellen street, and Roches street. Darkside in Foxes bow sell some stuff also. But if your willing to drive a bit Esmokeireland have a shop in Ennis now. Was down there recently and they have a nice spread down there and fair prices too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Seems my better half has a sense of humour.

I found this next to her Kayfun this morning with a note which read "You told me I needed a higher resistance coil so fit this one"

Have to give credit for a rare vape joke!

13715781993_2e1405342e_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looks like something Rip Trippers would use, BOO YA! mofo clouds :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Ionised wrote: »
    Seems my better half has a sense of humour.

I found this next to her Kayfun this morning with a note which read "You told me I needed a higher resistance coil so fit this one"

Have to give credit for a rare vape joke
    Funny enough apart from laughing my ass off at this, a square profiles resistance coil would have all the advantages of round and ribbon.....

Disclaimer (maybe) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redzer4

Hey All,

Was in NAvan yesterday and my tank cracked in my bag :( Found an old school shop that had a great range of stuff and at good prices. Couches decent music, helpful, chilled and knowledgeable staff. So I picked up the protank 3 which I do like, but I may get the mini if em too. Grabbed two juices also which were subtle flavours but that works for me as I can vape on them all day and not get tired.
    Anyhow I saw they had some dry herb kits and tanks....anyone ever used them before? Are they any good, I mean can you walk around and vape without any smell and stuff? They told me they were getting more in so I wouldn't mind picking one up but want to hear your take.

their website is irishvape.com

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Good luck with the venture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Redzer4 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Was in NAvan yesterday and my tank cracked in my bag :( Found an old school shop that had a great range of stuff and at good prices. Couches decent music, helpful, chilled and knowledgeable staff. So I picked up the protank 3 which I do like, but I may get the mini if em too. Grabbed two juices also which were subtle flavours but that works for me as I can vape on them all day and not get tired.
    Anyhow I saw they had some dry herb kits and tanks....anyone ever used them before? Are they any good, I mean can you walk around and vape without any smell and stuff? They told me they were getting more in so I wouldn't mind picking one up but want to hear your take.

their website is irishvape.com

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Appreciate it.

I'v used em, They are handy for a bit of stealth ingestion but not as easy as a rizla and bic tbh. Can you walk around without any smell and stuff? kinda, they give a pine needleish odour rather than the expected odour. Taste wise they have a slight pine ting but not as strong as the smell would make you expect. As to getting away with it, a bit of discretion and you'll be fine but if anyone is clued in enough (people who wear uniforms in daily work tend to be better clued in than most ;) ) the smell will be a giveaway. You'll need to clean the coils with a tiny wire brush and unlike liquid their is 'ash' to be disposed of.
    Tobacco tastes super in one, closer to ejuice than smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redzer4

Thanks Tommy...interesting about the pine taste...and odour....hmmm. Yeah I mean so many states in the US are legalizing....but here discretion is still pretty necessary. I'll wait for a bit more feedback from others but your swaying me....even to try it with tobacco....probably a pretty different taste to be expected with that....But I'd be better using an organic rolling tobacco or something though right for purity and lack of chemical ingestion.

Thanks for your time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Redzer4 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Was in NAvan yesterday and ....

I'm moving this thread into the general discussion on vendors/devices. I get suspicious when someone starts a thread on one particular vendor. For now not suspicious enough to go any further.

• Advertisement

Stay away from the AGO G5.....its sh1te!

Advertisement