Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micrsoft SQL 2008 certs experiences?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has done any Microsoft SQL 2008 certification?

I don't actually work as a DB admin, but keep seing more and more need for SQL skills, in an MS environment. I thought that if I was going to upskill I might as well do an exam also. So far the best introductory exam seems to be 70-432. I did a 2003 MCSA previously but haven't done much certification since, also never tackled any MS SQL exams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭halkar

Unless you have some experience exams will be hard to pass. You can pass them if you study and practice but without experince it will be difficult to get a job in SQL field. But they will help for any other field you work on in any MS environment. You may even use them to change your position in the company you work for to gain experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

The SQL certs are getting a little tougher. I did some 2005 exams a while back, and they were fairly straight forward.

Also did 2 SQL 2008 exams last year and they were a lot harder. There is more emphasis on experience, as well as the structured learning.

However, I also felt that the self-paced learning books had changed to suit this. So I would go through the book, slowly, until you understand it. Then give it a crack.

It's been a while since I looked, but keep an eye out for the second-shot offers on www.prometric.com, not sure if they still do them anymore though.

Advertisement