Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 4

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

2dhg2z6.jpg

30v2kwz.jpg

xgeby8.jpg

My goal for this season is pretty simple: Keep it the way it's going for me.

Was Rank 1 Masters in Season 3 with a pretty high win/loss ratio (Screenshot 1). I'd like to continue this form into Season 4 and continue to play (and, occasionally, beat) GM players.

Oh: And I had $53 on my Playhem account after messing around in a few Tournaments last season ^_^ (now I only have 3 :()

EDIT: Yes, I've been smurfing :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Off topic posts deleted. Any more abuse from ANY users will result in further action taken. There is no place for abuse on any forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What my brother said, Best of luck getting GM. It would be a seriously impressive feat. And if you know you are playing well, and GM is around the corner, then don't let anyone stop you :)

p.s Meself and Lacoona had the same ****e from boardies when we played top level quake, ego's wanted to control the scene.

Its not Egos man its just jealousy, simple as..

But it doesnt help when the other party just prods the dog in the cage with a stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Enderman wrote: »
    Off topic posts deleted. Any more abuse from ANY users will result in further action taken. There is no place for abuse on any forums.

I hope you are referring to the person who came in and dragged the whole thread off topic to start with there?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

2dhg2z6.jpg

30v2kwz.jpg

xgeby8.jpg

My goal for this season is pretty simple: Keep it the way it's going for me.

Was Rank 1 Masters in Season 3 with a pretty high win/loss ratio (Screenshot 1). I'd like to continue this form into Season 4 and continue to play (and, occasionally, beat) GM players.

Oh: And I had $53 on my Playhem account after messing around in a few Tournaments last season ^_^ (now I only have 3 :()

EDIT: Yes, I've been smurfing :/

Do you do any coaching Sinister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

He does indeed (free obviously) - he is usually on 'starcraft.ie' on quakenet most nights.

RichieD wrote: »
    Do you do any coaching Sinister?

Yes, I do. For free. As Orizio said I'm online in-game at starcraft.ie, IRC #starcraft.ie.

Xfire: godsinister
    BNet: Sinister.947

I'd love to help you out (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Well, my goal for Season 4 is to advance from Gold to Platinum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Got placed into silver as is my tendency. Might be nice to get out of silver, but to do it in a way that doesn't involve me playing more than 2 games in the entire season.

I do want to try streaming some more games though. That could be fun.

• Advertisement

Streaming is fun enough, cause you do get genuinelly helpful people on Twitch that plop onto your channel and point a few things out.

I'm 9 wins shy of my 50 protoss mark. I'd initially said 100, but I think I'm going to jump on Zerg and get the 50 wins out of the way.

Then crack Random for 50 wins

And then sit down and make a decision of who I'm going with and focus on in detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I think I will go down the same avenue Doc. Both my zerg and Terran are high gold (close to plat now) so I am thinking of learning toss, dicking my zerg account to bronze and learning from there, when I get high gold again as toss, start playing random on my account :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭F69Baal

I m R in platinium and I m gonna try to make it to Diamond but I am horribly bad at ZvT, gotta work on this...

Boom

2011-11-10_224658.png

Now onto Zerg 50 wins...

Season 4 going well :)

2011-11-10_225022.png

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Just reached my first season 4 goal. reach platinum. Now onto random!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just reached my first season 4 goal. reach platinum. Now onto random!

Fair play to you.....

....I think I'm actually getting worse the more I play!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I think I too am getting worser and worser :(

Have all day tomorrow and Friday to man up,quit Facebook, join the gym and use those bonus pool points!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Arciphel wrote: »
    I think I too am getting worser and worser :(

Have all day tomorrow and Friday to man up,quit Facebook, join the gym and use those bonus pool points!

I get to play 1-2 games most days, with a serious ladder session (4-5 hours) once a week when away from home for 'work'. So no bonus points for me. I usually win a game (get 12 points + 12 pool) then proceed to lose the next 3, thus negating my pool points!!

Currently on 81/84 w/l for season 4 :o

As an aside, are there levels within each league? I notice that my current (bronze) division seems to have a higher points threshold currently than my division last season. (I'm trying to find an excuse for my crap ratio this season) I was managing to beat some gold players at the end of last season.

Feanor offered to help me but the timing didn't work out, am hoping to get together with him on Dec 5-7th, my next work trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Should be on and off b.net tomorrow Tenger.

Just figured this might be an interesting read for some of you.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=292920

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Just figured this might be an interesting read for some of you.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=292920

Pretty shocking that 25% of bronze to plat dont actually play the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement