Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia announce new Windows mobile phones

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,443 ✭✭✭✭

Have to say the N9 variant (Lumnia 800 ) looks pretty tasty.
    Hoping they and MS do well out of this as WM7.5 is a nice OS.
    WM8 should be the real killer, dual core support, skype/video integration across xbox/pc/mobile etc and much more hopefully.
    If Microsoft and Nokia play their cards right they could really come back to the fore in mobile tech.
    I'm going to hang on until WM8 is released before I do the switchover from ios so hope it all goes well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15459118

http://mashable.com/2011/10/26/lumia-800-hands-on/#31577Nokia-Lumia-800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

cough cough Windows Phone 7 cough cough

You might upset some of us more hard-core WP7 fans :D

Two great looking handsets with fairly decent specs, kinda surprised by the lack of front-facing camera for video chat however. It's not relevant now but when Skype arrives (supposedly by Christmas) it'll be a major negative point versus iPhone and Android. Price points are excellent; the HD7 cost about €450 last year when it launched, whereas the new Lumia 800 is €420 (before retailers start hopefully undercutting each other on it).

The Lumia 710 is excellently priced at €270 off-contract; may have found the perfect "My First Smartphone" for my SO ;)

The extra on-phone services are a major positive; built-in offline maps and built-in "it just works" streamable music is very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If it didn't have that awful looking blue bumper on it, it would actually be a nice looking phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

jester77 wrote: »
    If it didn't have that awful looking blue bumper on it, it would actually be a nice looking phone.

It comes in black as well or you could go for the pink one! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Was going to buy an xperia play but am seriously tempted by these phones.

Advertisement