Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markets/Events in Galway

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Im trying not to be over spammy because Im asking this on 2 or 3 forums, basically Im starting a new small food business, im based in Limerick/Clare but am looking to try and get around to the counties surrounding Limerick.

Im just wondering can anyone recommend any decent markets/events in Galway and the surrounding areas? Am I better off posting in the Galway County section maybe for other areas?

Looking for markets on websites can be awkward, cause I know they're not including everything, and also, they mightnt include monthly events or whatever.
    It just seems word of mouth is the best, Ive come across a few from talking to people that I never heard of the main County sites if you get me

Anyway any help would be great, cheers!! When I make my millions Ill send you on free samples:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As you're asking a question and not trying to advertise your business I don't see an issue.

Some markets in the general Galway area are the Weekend market, Galway city, next to St Nicholas church. And the Claregalway Indoor market.

For some you need a licence, for other just show up.
    Older threads
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=galway+market+site:boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Thanks Biko

Ill look up the two of them , Im probably a bit late for getting licenses but Im pretty sure some of them are more relaxed.

Cheers, Ill check the search and sift through the links. (I should probably do that first actually in other counties before posting!!)

Cheers again.
    If anyone else can think of any particular events or anything that arent necessarily well known weekly markets or what not itd be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Try Crafter's Ireland website and facebook page, they have lots of markets/events around the country. Depending on what kind of food you're selling there's Christmas Markets on in Menlo Park Hotel, Raheen Woods in Athenry, Gullane's Hotel in Ballinasloe, all have facebook pages and are probably mentioned on their websites too. Facebook is a good place to find out about markets and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Not Galway City but there's a market in Moycullen every Friday, I was out there last week. It's small enough but has a bit of everything and looks like good quality local produce. Might be worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ahh must go out there for a look, sometimes those markets especially the indoor markets of a few years ago can have fab little things that could be used for Xmas pressies, nice unique things. :D Handy coming up to Xmas of course! :) Oopsies apologies o.p. got side-tracked! :o Can't come up with anything more other than what's been suggested I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

It's probably in the posts from the google search Biko put up but you should try the Sunday Market in Claregalway. It's on every sunday from 10-5. There's plenty of food stalls there, jams, cakes, hot food, veg, teas coffes etc. so there's money to be made there selling food. There's a number on their site to phone about stalls, its about €20 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I would be wrong but don't they do a market in Clarinbridge - worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Really appreciate this everybody, Im making a note of all the ones mentioned above!

Advertisement