Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 RPG

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

I have resently got a PS3, Ive had a look around and there do not appear to as many RPG's for the system as I thought there would be.

Could you recomend me one please?

Something in the vain of Suikoden-2 would be good :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's really not much worth getting on it. Valkyria Chronicles is the best the system has to offer, well worth playing.

Resonance of Fate is meant to be great but I've not played it. Be warned, the battle system can take hours to get into.

FFXIII gets a lot of hate but it's ok, battle system is fantastic as is the soundtrack, everything else is ****.

Eternal Sonata is really good but you'll have to import that from the US.

Not played Atelier Rorona but it might be up your street. Again it's import only from US.

There's Star Ocean Lost Hope but I heard bad things about it.

I'd recommend Nier as well. More an action game but it's got a great story especially if you play the New Game+ when it becomes amazing.

Avoid absolutely everything by Idea Factory! They are ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I've played every single JRPG on PS3 so far, sadly there isnt really anything like suikoden on it. Valkyria Chronicles is a really gorgeous fantasy war SRPG with a very original battle system and a realy nice story and huge cast of varied characters, I guess this is probably one of the ones that would appeal most to a suikoden fan since it's about a small rebel army coming together to take on a massive superior force with a large cast of characters.

I'd also highly recommend Disgaea 4, Ar tonelico Qoga and Atelier Rorona and Totori.

Retro is actually mistaken there btw, both Eternal Sonata and Atelier Rorona ARE available in europe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Retro is actually mistaken there btw, both Eternal Sonata and Atelier Rorona ARE available in europe

Cool, thanks for that. Didn't have much interest in them so didn't realsie they got a release.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

valkyria chronicles very good, if you have a 60 gig ps3 then persona 4 is awesome aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Eternal Sonata is on its way....

though I think I may play Suikoden 2 again while I wat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Eternal Sonata is really good but you'll have to import that from the US.

Is it actually any good? I got the xbox version for a fiver but only played 5 minutes of it.
    Anyway's there's not a huge amount right now on ps3 but with tales of graces F and Ni no Kuni coming out I'll probably pick one up next year.

megaten wrote: »
    Is it actually any good? I got the xbox version for a fiver but only played 5 minutes of it.

Not played much either but I liked it and ithe idea behind it since I love Chopins music.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Eternal Sonata is too sickly sweet. It's like a lollipop land with faily cakes and cottage cheese cottages where daffodil ladies sing to the blue birds as they land on the deer's antlers and have a big **** off sing song.

I felt it patronized chopin's music a little.

Advertisement