Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos

• 26-10-2011 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen any announcements of how this will air in the UK? Fox is only showing the main event live, not the undercard so I assume we'll get the same. Card is below..

Main Event
    Heavyweight Championship: Cain Velasquez (c) vs. Junior Dos Santos[1]

Preliminary Card
    Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson[1]
    Featherweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Pablo Garza[1]
    Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas[1]
    Welterweight bout: DaMarques Johnson vs. Clay Harvison[1]
    Bantamweight bout: Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama[1]
    Featherweight bout: Mackens Semerzier vs. Robert Peralta[1]
    Middleweight bout: Mike Pierce vs. Paul Bradley[1]
    Light Heavyweight bout: Aaron Rosa vs. Matt Lucas[1]
    Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo[1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Apparently they're looking at airing the rest of the card on Facebook. Not sure about the main event on TV over here though.

Once Guida V Bendo is on over here or on facebook that's my main event sorted :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I wouldn't be surprised if they put this on FX over here, considering it's on Fox in the US and TUF is on FX over here.

Either way it'll be on and it'll be free. If not on the TV then it'll be on UFC.tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

No info on the main event for the UK, but Dana said at the 137 presser that all prelims will air on Facebook.

Dana today confirmed the entire 9 fight "Undercard" will stream live on Facebook. Better get yourselves some HDMI cables lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Think I'll get a good night's kip,just download it in the morning, clear the day and avoid the internet til I watch it!

UFC Velasquez v Dos Santos same as Versus shows for UK - unencrypted on Premiere, Setanta in Ireland, or online free at http://ufc.com

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Unencrypted, now i have sky but don't subscribe to sports/setanta, does this mean i'll be able to watch it?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Unencrypted, now i have sky but don't subscribe to sports/setanta, does this mean i'll be able to watch it?

They said last time it would be unencrypted on Setanta last time but they never unencrypted it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They said last time it would be unencrypted on Setanta last time but they never unencrypted it!

Ah well, will just download it at 9am on Sun morning as not in work, watch it at lunchtime wit a few scoops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo[1]

i'm shocked bruce leroy wasn't cut
    he has nothing to offer whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Episode One of Primetime is out, here and deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Episode One of Primetime is out, here and deadly!

Just finished watching this, you have to hand it to the UFC, they know how to hype a fight perfectly. The 2 lads seem like such nice guys, family men.. you couldnt pick 2 better guys to represent the sport to all those people who will be shocked to watch this and realise that "cage fighters" arent barbaric or crazy. And on top of all that, WHAT A FCUKIN FIGHT!!! gona be epic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

tad00 wrote: »
    Just finished watching this, you have to hand it to the UFC, they know how to hype a fight perfectly. The 2 lads seem like such nice guys, family men.. you couldnt pick 2 better guys to represent the sport to all those people who will be shocked to watch this and realise that "cage fighters" arent barbaric or crazy. And on top of all that, WHAT A FCUKIN FIGHT!!! gona be epic!

The show really is excellent - big fan of FOX I must say - but jesus imagine if HBO did it! :eek::D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

It's on Setanta Sports for sure??? Sweeet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

I just Spoke to Dwyer Mccaughley of Setanta sports and he confirmed its on Setanta in Ireland and Premier sports in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Are you with UPC. I think i had the same problem. I am trying to find out what happened here.

Are you with UPC. I think i had the same problem. I am trying to find out what happened here.

Nah i'm with Sky. So neither UPC nor Sky had it decrypted?

Seems the problem was on Setanta's end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am sure that I will be watching Premier Sports via Other Channels again. Not perfect but at least it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Excellent Primetime. Both of them are really dedicated (loved the bit about Cain cleaning up after training), and their respective life stories complement nicely to set up a cracker of a night next week.
    It's finally good to see a Brazilian with good English, btw.

• Advertisement

Excellent Primetime. Both of them are really dedicated (loved the bit about Cain cleaning up after training), and their respective life stories complement nicely to set up a cracker of a night next week.
    It's finally good to see a Brazilian with good English, btw.

Yeah, it seems he's really worked on it. When he started out his English was almost non existant but I read somewhere that he is taking regular lessons. He's also gotten rid of Ed Soares too.

Everytime I see him his English is better. He's a smart guy. he knows speaking English will automatically make him a more popular fighter, which compliments the fact that he comes across as one of the nicest guys in all of sport!

Yeah, it seems he's really worked on it. When he started out his English was almost non existant but I read somewhere that he is taking regular lessons. He's also gotten rid of Ed Soares too.

Everytime I see him his English is better. He's a smart guy. he knows speaking English will automatically make him a more popular fighter, which compliments the fact that he comes across as one of the nicest guys in all of sport!

Totally agree. Junior sets the mark when it comes to the Brazilian fighters crossing over. Picturing him with the ponytail is hilarious.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am sure that I will be watching Premier Sports via Other Channels again. Not perfect but at least it works.

Can you tune in Premier Sports for free in roi??

You can tune it in but only view when they have a Freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

I had a look at Other channels on my Sky+ for Premier Sports. No sign of it there. How do I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

Velasquez to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

So we'll not be able to see this then on any of the Sky Channels... I don't have Setanta so...? Is it on Freeview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nah i'm with Sky. So neither UPC nor Sky had it decrypted?

Seems the problem was on Setanta's end.

Did anyone see it decrypted/encrypted live on UPC?

reason I ask, when i watched the next morning It was encrypted and I thought it was that it was recorded and since I don't have access to Setanta the next day the recording would deny me access.

On UPC when you play a recording I think it checks the channel is valid and you are allowed to access it. Hence my thoughts at the time.

I sourced it another way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Just watching the Fox Special show, I like the new windup they have at the beginning, think the Gladiator one is getting a bit old now...

• Advertisement

Highnoon wrote: »
    I had a look at Other channels on my Sky+ for Premier Sports. No sign of it there. How do I get it?

Go to Services and then Add Channels
    For Freqquency enter 11680
    Polarity is V
    Symbol Rate is 27.5
    FEC is 2/3

Find Channels and select Premier Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

I have a SERIOUS pain in the hole with the whole UFC thing.Its constantly all over the place depending on what event is happening.Why cant they have a consistent platform to view it.Sinc ive been watching UFC its been streamed,shown on ESPN,Setanta ,Fox,Facebook etc.Why cant those tossers at UFC just have a long term contract with one provider/channel and stick with it.

Now it seems unless you have setanta which is sh1te and not worth the extra cash you cant view one of the most eagerly anticipated fights in recent times-Junior Vs cain.

I tried to look for premier sports ,followed the instructions and cant seem to locate the channel.Where should I be looking after following the previous instructions?

It should be in Other Channels after you save it. It will also be shown online.

It should be in Other Channels after you save it. It will also be shown online.

As far as i can see only the prelims will be shown online?Still no joy with that channel.I found the channel,selected it and it says 'channel line up complete'.Doesnt give me an option to save the channel?

rondog wrote: »
    I have a SERIOUS pain in the hole with the whole UFC thing.Its constantly all over the place depending on what event is happening.Why cant they have a consistent platform to view it.Sinc ive been watching UFC its been streamed,shown on ESPN,Setanta ,Fox,Facebook etc.Why cant those tossers at UFC just have a long term contract with one provider/channel and stick with it.

Business my friend, business. ESPN used to be the one-stop shop but they fell out with the UFC brass.

The ESPN contract is up next year so there'll be a new hone for UFC and i'm guessing it will be all encompassing!

By the way, whenever you see fights on Facebook, they're always extra fights to what you're paying for anyway!

Certainly isn't the easiest to watch UFC in the UK & Ireland, Dana was dropping hints over the weekend that they weren't happy with the ESPN deal so doesn't look like they'll be sticking there once the deals over. The reason ESPN don't show all the events is their deal is only for the numbered events and anything outside of that (Fight Nights/UFC on Fox etc) they get to decide if they want it or not, doesn't explain why they aren't showing 139 though.

• Advertisement

doesn't explain why they aren't showing 139 though.

They are showing 139.

They are showing 139.

Was an UFC UK account who RT'd something saying that it was on Premier etc, tweet isn't there anymore and he's saying it's on ESPN so must have been a mistake.

Edit: Here's the tweet, it's been deleted from the UFC account and they replied to him saying it was an error.

Right,finally got Premier sports on he box.Im a bit slow but thats ok i got it on now.Sooo,will JDS vs Cain be show on this channel without me having to subscribe?It sez 'call up the broadcaster to get your subscription updated'! does that mean i have to subscribe or will the fight be shown freeview ?

Right,finally got Premier sports on he box.Im a bit slow but thats ok i got it on now.Sooo,will JDS vs Cain be show on this channel without me having to subscribe?It sez 'call up the broadcaster to get your subscription updated'! does that mean i have to subscribe or will the fight be shown freeview ?

You will be able to view their Freeview programming whenever they are showing it. This includes the UFC events shown on Premier Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Im confused will it be freeview on setanta? If all else fails its free on the ufc website isnt it?

• Advertisement

Niall0 wrote: »
    Im confused will it be freeview on setanta? If all else fails its free on the ufc website isnt it?

From what I understand from the past:

It will be on Setanta and Setenta intend for it to be Freeview. In the past it hasn't been decoded though.

For those who can't access Setenta it will be on UFC.tv. This is what they normally do.

not 100% on any of these things though.

Setanta never went free for UFC events even though the UFC stated they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Setanta never went free for UFC events even though the UFC stated they would.

Yup, this is what I found. And Premier Sports is no good to me, even if I tune it in I can only watch live but can't record.

I'll be watching it on ufc.tv and will grumble the whole way through.

Are the prelims all going on ufc.tv too? Or if they're facebook only (utter shlte) then can I watch them the next day or live only?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Just to recap-Premier sports will show this live?And its free view on Prem sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 achillies21

I have ntl , can you get premier sports with it ??

davmol wrote: »
    Just to recap-Premier sports will show this live?And its free view on Prem sports?

It always has been free for previous UFC events so fingers crossed.
    I have ntl , can you get premier sports with it ??

No. Premier Sports is a channel aimed at the British market only but as you have NTL then surely you have Setanta Ireland anyway.

I just checked the Setanta website and seems this is on Setanta Ireland so shouldn't be any problems watching for irish UPC customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 achillies21

I just checked the Setanta website and seems this is on Setanta Ireland so shouldn't be any problems watching for irish UPC customers.

Are they showing the hole fight card ??

No, just the Main Event.

The whole fight card, from the first fight on the undercard right up to Bendo v Guida, will be streamed live on Facebook

just the same as on fox id imagine, its on 2am to 3am, so i'd say the rest will be on facebook beforehand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement