Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Next Generation broadband

• 26-10-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

I'm thinking of switching to this "congestion free" broadband, but I'm not sure. Currently on Smart 24mb and the thing is crap. We've been through a few of their modems and the pings are not good at all. There are a few of us in the house and we're all gamers so we need a net connection thats reliable but with a big d/l limit too.

Does anyone know if this 8mb congestion free bundle will handle a lot of gaming?
    I'm in Monkstown in South Dublin so if anyone else knows of broadband in that area that is good for gaming that'd be cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Smart is Digiweb. If you're having issues with ping that are due to the line quality, then switching won't help as you'll be still using the same line. If it's a problem with the ISP, then switching may not help because Smart is Digiweb all ready.

Before changing anything you need to find out why the ping is so bad.

Advertisement