Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Building for Irish Site

Options
  • 26-10-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I am trying to build up some incoming links for my site

Irish Window company

www.allirelandwindows.com

For my relevant search on Google I am coming up on the second page (#14ish)

Would love to get up to the first page, so I am looking for the final push

I am listed on the Open Directory (dmoz), search.ie & hotfrog.ie

For an Irish Business site, which directories/ newsletters do you recommend for me try and get listed on?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

See some of my posts (with links) in this thread.

I only launched my site about two weeks ago having had no previous experience, after Google first indexed my site time I was coming up on page 25 for my top keyword, I worked first on SEO stuff which got me up to page 3 and then at the start of this week I issued a press release using a free trial with www.mynewsdesk.com which now has me at the bottom of the first search page.

I got a freelance journalist to write the release for me although to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with the result, just make sure it is something newsworthy they have guidelines on the site.

It doesn't appear to be from links built on other sites picking up the story but rather that mynewsdesk.com is very SEO friendly, I had jumped onto the first page within 45 minutes of publishing the press release, I was gob-smacked.

I don't know if the mods think it worthwhile but I think a sticky of various different tools and resources would be a great addition to the forum.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

I'll get the ball rolling with a few points:

You need more unique copy
    You have to get more info into your site, split the main categories into sub cats and give the punters some more info ie - what are sash windows, which are the most heat retaining etc etc
    There are plenty of product spect and buyer information that could be of real interest to a potential customer

have a look at this from Oz - cool way to show your products
    http://eurotechwindows.net.au/products

You only have 3 pages indexed in Google- that doesn't give you enough pages to start coming up in other results.
    The keyphrase you are currently on 14 (as of this evening anyway) - you'll never know if that's bringing anyone to your site - it could be a 'trophy phrase' nice but fcuk all use in terms of traffic.
    you need to get some analytics on the site to see exactly what's going on.

From a user experience - do something with the font both colour and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I Dont mean to come across all ****ty and negative but constructive before u read what i have to say..

The site needs work -

I wouldnt personally buy from a site like this but as its not a pre buy page but an information page as to where, what , why , and how u can update, upgrade your image/style of house with a windows.
    I live on the web and this to me does not scream, ye ****ing good site, good windows i must get them on the blower for a quote. Athough your selling pvc windows but it still makes a difference in my opinion.
    Its all web 1.0 instead of web2.0 leading in web 3.0
    Its a dated site and people are being picky as **** whether u or anyone else realises it (and to be honest i wont want to hear anyones opinion whether u think it looks awesome or im wrong or right on this.. if i think it, it does exist.. U can be right in this situation as long as u change it)
    I reckon i could do a much better job messing around with wordpress for 8 hours and im in no way talented or creative with colours/layouts.

I would SUGGEST -

Getting a few quotes for a new site,
    You DONT have to spend the world on this site..
    Its a simple layout with 5-6 pages of content with pics ..
    All on site seo taken care of, but i really really really would do some keyword research first for the keywords your targeting ultimately.. Let the geek designer stick them in and accordingly edit alt image tags etc etc.
    IM NOT touting my web design skills, dont pm me i dont have any.. i have advice FREE u can take that or leave it :D

Go here and check this dude out http://www.conormurraydesign.com/
    I have never used him but his work comes highly reccommended.. and when i can afford his services i will purchase ( poor student ).. make no mistake he is "in my opinion" the most talented designer i have ever seen. Im still open to suggestions on someone who can beat him.
    Have a browse in his portfolio and the layout colour designs etc and u can see a little that the areas that u site lacks, and its a bit dated etc.. Again not an insult just a little heads up :D:D

Being such a dope that i am with little time and 400 assignments to do this week, i will offer to give you FREE keyword research on what i think the keywords u should target. If you can private message me i,ll sort you out with something.. I had a look at the some of those and a few are very broad.. Send over a complete list and i,ll run my tools on em.
    Again a suggestion, dont bite me if this isnt your thing.
    It may take me a few days etc..

Adieu Appy

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Thanks for the help guys

I was thinking that the design was a bit dated

I do probably need to get a more professional look

I will try to update over the next month or so

I think i need a professional designer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Np any time .. its all constructive so i hope it turns out well for you.

Any more questions were more than happy to accomodate you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement