Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy and sell websites

Options
  • 26-10-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

hey guys

im lookin for some websites that are similar to adverts.ie where i can buy and sell some stuff to people from dublin without having to pay for using the website.. adverts.ie i find is great,i guess there could be soem other similar sites

donedeal.ie - you have to pay these i think,so no use to me

deals.ie - seems like you also have to pay to place ads on here :(

hopefully someone can tell me of other sites with people from dublin and surrounding areas using them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've seen some serious scam-merchants operate out of Gumtree and Donedeal, but generally they get spotted v.quickly and barred.

I find adverts.ie is the best myself as it's got more of a trusted-community vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

are you not allowed to buy or sell any pets on adverts.ie or to offer pets free to a new home? i cant find any pets on that website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

try ebay. as far as I know its free to list if your auction starts under 1.49 euro.

who knows what your item will go for when the hammer falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

CyberJuice wrote: »
    are you not allowed to buy or sell any pets on adverts.ie or to offer pets free to a new home? i cant find any pets on that website

No , adverts dont allow ads for pets/animals regardless of whether they're free or for sale . There's no practical way of determining they are going to a suitable home .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SusanH

I used Done Deal to great effect when moving last year; sold my surfboard, telly & DVD in one day! 3 Euros is fair.

I tried them all at some point - eBay didn't work for me at all - Gumtree/DoneDeal/Adverts. Not sure what the best one is now though.....I think it's down to traffic really....more eyeballs. more calls.

Remember Buy & Sell.ie? I just logged on there - I thought that paper/website was closed down - have a look! Do the people at DoneDeal know what Buy & Sell looks like now? Ooh err Mrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Glenrs

I have used Dondeal / Adverts.ie / Gumtree. I found scammers on all 3 sites. Also had problems with items bought on Donedeal and Adverts.ie. Sellers were not interested when i complained about items bought on a few occasions and wanted to return them. Turns out there was nothing i could do.
    Also there is a serious scammer who calls himself <snip>. He sends you an sms and tells you to contact him by email only. No phone number is shown. His email is <snip>
    BEWARE!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement