Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Dress?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any Fancy Dress nights over the weekend in or around Sligo? Preferably somewhere not populated with under 25's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

Check the Strand Bar in Strandhill, they have a party nearly every year for Halloween......... prob Sat or Sun night, given that its a Bank Holiday Weekend.

JJ

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Do Coolera House still run their awesome Halloween parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yes, Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Do Coolera House still run their awesome Halloween parties?

Used to be brilliant, I haven't been in about 5 years. I thought once poor Fergal got sick they stopped.
    Yes, Sunday night.

Is that Definite? Because if it is, that's where I'll be going.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Corvus there's an excellent one in Harrys' in Rosses Point on Sun night. Ive gone the past few years and it's always a great one.
    No skangers, fab music, and plenty of divilment :D

• Advertisement

Corvus there's an excellent one in Harrys' in Rosses Point on Sun night. Ive gone the past few years and it's always a great one.
    No skangers, fab music, and plenty of divilment :D

Never knew that, btw do they have a DJ or band there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is that Definite? Because if it is, that's where I'll be going.:)

Yes it is Definite indeed.

Never knew that, btw do they have a DJ or band there?

DJ. I think it's the same guy as last year. If it is, he's really good.

DJ. I think it's the same guy as last year. If it is, he's really good.

Does it have a start time and an admin fee?

No not at all, no cover charge and it's a very relaxed affair. Would usually be in full swing by 10 or 11.
    If ye end up there be sure to say hello, I'll be the Geisha in a blue dress :D

• Advertisement

It looks like it won't be Harry's bar tonight, I rang them minutes ago and some ignorant fúcker hung up on me. The muppet wouldn't give any information about tonight and he wouldn't even confirm when I asked, that it was Harry's Bar. Absolute nut job.

You sure you didn't accidentally ring Harry's Bar on High St.?

Yeah that sounds very strange Corvus, I'd be very surprised at the guys in Harrys' being like that tbh.

You sure you didn't accidentally ring Harry's Bar on High St.?
    Yeah that sounds very strange Corvus, I'd be very surprised at the guys in Harrys' being like that tbh.

Actually there was no listing for it anywhere else (Directory Enquirers, Golden Pages, Google ect) I was given the Harry's Barry number in Sligo earlier, so I know it's not that number. I eventually got the number from the Yeats Country Hotel in Rosses Point, so it's definitely the right number.

This is what our brief telephone conversation consisted off.......

Ignorant fúck: "Hello." (garbled name given - couldn't make it out)

Me: "Hi, is this Harry's Bar in Rosses Point?"

Ignorant fúck: "Who's this?"

Me: "Is this Harry's Bar in Rosses Point?"....."I'm just trying to find out about about the Fancy Dress there tonight?"

Me: "Can you please just tell me if this is Harry's Bar and what's happening with the Fancy Dress tonight?"

Ignorant fúck: "Tell me your name?"........"Who's this?"

Me: "I'm only looking for some simple information, why do you want my name? I can assure you, you don't know me."

Ignorant fúck: Hangs up.

What I can't convey there was the totally ignorant and aggressive tone of voice used by the muppet. The idiot just lost about 15 extra customers tonight.

Maybe you got the landline number for the family home by accident? Still though, the person who answered wouldn't have (garbledly) identified themselves if they were answering a home phone. Really surprised by that, even if it was the wrong number, the least the person coulda done was tell you so. bad buzz for you Corvus, sorry to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭OhYesItIs

WTF! Not nice...I'd be totally amazed if it was the guy who runs the place, he couldnt be nicer...

I'd like to think it was the wrong number or something like that...

Actually there was no listing for it anywhere else (Directory Enquirers, Golden Pages, Google ect) I was given the Harry's Barry number in Sligo earlier, so I know it's not that number. I eventually got the number from the Yeats Country Hotel in Rosses Point, so it's definitely the right number.

This is what our brief telephone conversation consisted off.......

Ignorant fúck: "Hello." (garbled name given - couldn't make it out)

Me: "Hi, is this Harry's Bar in Rosses Point?"

Me: "Is this Harry's Bar in Rosses Point?"....."I'm just trying to find out about about the Fancy Dress there tonight?"

Me: "Can you please just tell me if this is Harry's Bar and what's happening with the Fancy Dress tonight?"

Ignorant fúck: "Tell me your name?"........"Who's this?"

Me: "I'm only looking for some simple information, why do you want my name? I can assure you, you don't know me."

Ignorant fúck: Hangs up.

What I can't convey there was the totally ignorant and aggressive tone of voice used by the muppet. The idiot just lost about 15 extra customers tonight.

I know the owner too, he's a total gent. Don't know what to say Corvus :(

None of us were ever at Harry's for the fancy dress before and were looking forward to it. Now it's all gone to pot, nearly everyone has dropped out :mad:. There also doesn't seem to be anything happening in town as an alternative.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

None of us were ever at Harry's for the fancy dress before and were looking forward to it. Now it's all gone to pot, nearly everyone has dropped out :mad:. There also doesn't seem to be anything happening in town as an alternative.:(

What are you talking about every where is fancy dress tonight take your pick of places???:confused::confused:

What are you talking about every where is fancy dress tonight take your pick of places???:confused::confused:

And how does this help me?.......Give details please, because I'm sick of ringing around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I don't know why you're confused? And I don't think your contribution helps the OP in anyway. Where is 'every where' by the way?

Because like Corvus, I have also rang a few spots in town and have yet to find anywhere doing a specific fancy dress party.

Sorry Corvus, I can't help you. I think we're in the same boat so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

mongoman wrote: »
    I don't know why you're confused? And I don't think your contribution helps the OP in anyway. Where is 'every where' by the way?

Because like Corvus, I have also rang a few spots in town and have yet to find anywhere doing a specific fancy dress party.

Sorry Corvus, I can't help you. I think we're in the same boat so to speak.

About 95% of people out tonight will be in fancy dress.Every pub you go into people will be in fancy dress,its as good as a party.Take your pick mc hughs,fiddlers,garavouge,shennanigans ,Velvet,Mc garrigles,ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

About 95% of people out tonight will be in fancy dress.Every pub you go into people will be in fancy dress,its as good as a party.Take your pick mc hughs,fiddlers,garavouge,shennanigans ,Velvet,Mc garrigles,ect

I think you're confusing people wearing fancy dress, with an actual fancy dress only type event. There's a big difference, having a pub full of people in civies with the odd person in fancy dress does not constitute a fancy dress event.
    Take your pick mc hughs,fiddlers,garavouge,shennanigans ,Velvet,Mc garrigles,ect

I rang all of those today and Shennaigans were the only ones that could confirm they were having a fancy dress tonight. Unfortunately, I regard Shennaigans as a 'kip' so I won't be going there.

Ok, I call an impromptu boards beers.
    Everybody to Harrys' in Rosses Point.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Anyone know the number for Harrys' in Rosses Point??:o

How did Sunday night go for you all?
    Corvus - did you make it to any of the parties?
    Harrys' was, as expected, epic. Still recovering :D

How did Sunday night go for you all?
    Corvus - did you make it to any of the parties?
    Harrys' was, as expected, epic. Still recovering :D

Ended up on a pub crawl, good craic was had by all. Pity about the muppet in Harry's though.

Ended up on a pub crawl, good craic was had by all. Pity about the muppet in Harry's though.

Ah yeah, sh1t happens.
    Glad you had a good night anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darylmaceoin

Hi Corvus, I'm the owner's brother and would like to thank a close personal friend for pointing this thread out to me. The owner isn't the most technically savvy and wouldn't even be able to spell a response!

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad time on the phone with one of the staff but please dont make a judgement on the place based on a phone call! I would also like to point out that the phone in Harrys is the house number, and a totally private listing, therefore people who call the place are always friends of the owner or the family that used to live in the connected house. No number is listed for Harrys in any advertisements or features, although we are working on getting a website and some other advertisements up! This is why you didn't find the number anywhere else.

I'd like to encourage you to drop by for a pint at some stage, relax and soak up some of the surroundings and hopefully change your opinion of the place.

I'm sorry you missed the fancy dress it was a great night, I hope you found an even better alternative.

All the best,
    D

• Advertisement

Hi Corvus, I'm the owner's brother and would like to thank a close personal friend for pointing this thread out to me. The owner isn't the most technically savvy and wouldn't even be able to spell a response!

I'm really sorry to hear you had a bad time on the phone with one of the staff but please dont make a judgement on the place based on a phone call! I would also like to point out that the phone in Harrys is the house number, and a totally private listing, therefore people who call the place are always friends of the owner or the family that used to live in the connected house. No number is listed for Harrys in any advertisements or features, although we are working on getting a website and some other advertisements up! This is why you didn't find the number anywhere else.

I'd like to encourage you to drop by for a pint at some stage, relax and soak up some of the surroundings and hopefully change your opinion of the place.

I'm sorry you missed the fancy dress it was a great night, I hope you found an even better alternative.

All the best,
    D

I wasn't aware it was a private number I rang, so it now makes sense. I got the number from the Yeats Country Hotel but they never mentioned it was a private number. To be honest if I had of known this I would not have rang. Anyway, thanks for the clarification I appreciate it. All going well, I'll definitively be out next year to check it out. :)

Advertisement