Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vmware certification

Options
  • 26-10-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

what exams/courses are you better of studying for as an introduction to vmware?
    i work as a system administrator and we are currently looking at using vmware in our workplace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

thebourke wrote: »
    what exams/courses are you better of studying for as an introduction to vmware?
    i work as a system administrator and we are currently looking at using vmware in our workplace.

Basics would be good networking , good storage and decent hardware knowledge to spec and buy the correct gear

Then do the course and read all the white papers. About 10 per product

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-pubs.html

The exams are very tough - but worth it as they would be respected alot more than Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bold_defender

I'm thinking of doing a vmware v4 course and doing the VCP4 exam, then I can upgrade and do VCP5 exam also, if I'm fast.
    I did the vmware3 course but never bothered with exam. Worked with vmware ESX 3.5 for a while and ESX4 and ESXi 4.1 for a couple of years. No experience of v5 yet.
    Will be paying for course and exams myself. No prospect of using v5 in current job for a good while.

Anybody think I'm mad?

Advertisement