Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre Bonds -v- Micro Rings

• 26-10-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Advice Please!! :)
    I'm getting extensions but I cannot decide on which method to get.
    My extensionist does Strand by Strand, Pre-bonded and micro rings. She says the strand by strand sheds the most and last the least longest so i've kinda ruled it out. She says the pre-bonds have better glue and don't shed and sometimes last up to 5/6 months, and it's her favourite method. She also does the microrings and says that really they do just as much damage as they are just as 'heavy' on your own hair.

Personally I'm leaning towards getting the mircorings as i can then still use my beloved Redken shampoo and condition with no worries of the protein damaging the bonds, but i'm just interested in what other peoples experiences are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pipsie Pie wrote: »
    Advice Please!! :)
    I'm getting extensions but I cannot decide on which method to get.
    My extensionist does Strand by Strand, Pre-bonded and micro rings. She says the strand by strand sheds the most and last the least longest so i've kinda ruled it out. She says the pre-bonds have better glue and don't shed and sometimes last up to 5/6 months, and it's her favourite method. She also does the microrings and says that really they do just as much damage as they are just as 'heavy' on your own hair.

Personally I'm leaning towards getting the mircorings as i can then still use my beloved Redken shampoo and condition with no worries of the protein damaging the bonds, but i'm just interested in what other peoples experiences are?

Stay away from the glue! Glue damages your hair and is much more difficult to remove. Mircorings are far superior.

Advertisement