Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go instead of Tribes

Options
  • 26-10-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Now that Tribes has closed is there any good place to go for a coffee\hot chocolate in the evening time. I am talking 7pm onwards??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

I was going to ask the same question but for later at night after the nightclub,i remember one time tribes was closed for some reason and we went to a place called the gingerbread hose on paul street but i dont know is it there now or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Didnt know that does anyone know a decent late night alternative so?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Italee across from Milanos is now open late on Friday and Saturday nights. Other than that, most pubs serve coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Don't know the name of it

But in the past I used to go to the place opposite tescos on paul st. that's also beside carey's lane.

Nice place to sit outside of with the patio heater on - used to get a pot of tea so no idea what the coffee was like

One of my friends at the time was a biker so the lads we'd be meeting up with would park their bikes outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Gulpd Café on Tobin Street is good (part of the Triskel Arts Centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Now that Tribes has closed is there any good place to go for a coffee\hot chocolate in the evening time. I am talking 7pm onwards??

WHAT!!!!

That's a ****ing dose!!!

I could'nt call myself a regular in there but I really loved going to the place,

best chilled out vibe in cork, with some decent music too.

We seriously need more places like this,

or even just 1 club that has a Chill Out Room.

The only Chill Out Room I've been in before was the bottom floor of Spirit in Dublin, and it was excellent.

A great atmosphere to socialize and get to know someone.

I remember the owner of "Little Buddha" on Mc Curtain Street had plans to put in a Café downstairs but I think they fell through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

One of my favourite chill out bars was a placed called Dyen Sabai in Luang Prabang.

If anyone is going to Laos soon they should definitely check it out:

dyen-sabai.jpg

2igbzf7.jpg

Us Westeners could always do with bit more tranquility,
    I thnk there's definitely a market for this kind of thing, be it in a café, bar or club.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I never knew tribes closed down!! I can't leave the place for a few months and things like this start happening :'-O

Advertisement