Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert usb input to midi virtually?

• 26-10-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

BEHRINGER+UCG+102+USB+GUITARE+INTERFACE.JPGHey guys, i'm in need of a little advice from some bearded wise producer. I recently purchased this ;
    It's a behringer guitar to usb converter.
    I purchased it with the aims of recording guitar into reason 5's record. I have a midi keyboard that i plug into the usb in the same fashion and works fine, however this contraption doesn't do the same trick as it seems its not midi compatible, and can't be added as a device/controller in reason.
    My question is, is there anyway to convert the usb input with software so that it's recognised as a midi device in reason? Or am i better off forking out wads for a guitar to midi converter?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Warm Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Melodyne is the only thing that will do that for you, and it's expensive. You should be able to pick up one of the old ROland or Yamaha guitar to MIDI pickups for around €100 used.

Advertisement