Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Auld are ye Gamers

Options
  • 26-10-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

lads I just want to run a little poll to prove to my Mrs that I am a small bit normal for my age(44:eek:) She looks at me weird like while im giving out playing crysis2,bf2 and such with the headphones on whilst she is watching her"SOAPS"..
    i have this in the pc upgrading section as that im a mouldy auld gamer im always upgrading my bucket of bolts..
    Just a bit of craic lads:)

Age of ye Gamers 81 votes

15-20
    0% 0 votes
    21-25
    16% 13 votes
    26-30
    28% 23 votes
    31-35
    27% 22 votes
    36-40
    14% 12 votes
    41- my age:)
    13% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

they just don't get that it's a form of entertainment - bloody more engaging and less mind numbing than a lot of the dross on the telly. I know the look :rolleyes:

I'm only a sprite at 28 btw

they better get used to it though as i can easily see this generation of gamers playing games all their lives - sure my auld lad would still play a bit of golf on the computer but for that old stigma they have that games are for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Not in the demographic but you should add a 40+ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe you'd get less selection skewing in the games forum (and more people).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

theteal wrote: »
    they just don't get that it's a form of entertainment - bloody more engaging and less mind numbing than a lot of the dross on the telly. I know the look :rolleyes:

I'm only a sprite at 28 btw

they better get used to it though as i can easily see this generation of gamers playing games all their lives - sure my auld lad would still play a bit of golf on the computer but for that old stigma they have that games are for kids

I hear ya....
    If it wasnt for pc gaming I`d be in the pub whilst the "soaps" are on...
    Would much rather meself to have a cold beer and kill some bad guys at home...:cool:

Monotype wrote: »
    Maybe you'd get less selection skewing in the games forum (and more people).

true but also would like to get a response from here as most gamers are building and upgrading..

If the mods want to move this post..Im cool with that..

I have 13 votes on the poll already and it only posted for 20 min

• Advertisement

DermotOH wrote: »
    Not in the demographic but you should add a 40+ ;)

when ya get to my age the rest is infinity:D

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Im Commadore 64, Atari ST and Sega Megadrive age.

deejer wrote: »
    Im Commadore 64, Atari ST and Sega Megadrive age.

My old man bought the atari when it first come out...In australia...(was born there) I remember having to wait hours for him to get off it to play space invaders.... The good old days hey..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Am 39 and play with a uk based clan called seniors, gamers there from 25 to 66.

Big Lar wrote: »
    Am 39 and play with a uk based clan called seniors, gamers there from 25 to 66.
    good man ya self Lar:cool:can I join?

• Advertisement

Shur have a look.

www.snrclan.com

I am there as SNR Lar, I dropped the big bit LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Find a game mod that lets you put soap characters faces on your enemies so you can shoot them. Bet she'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Good thread OP. 38 & playing since 5 years old-on a stool to reach the controls of Space invaders on the original Taito cabinet in family pub..10p a pop, loved that thing. f**k I'm getting old :eek:, but glad I'm not alone:)

Never been that big into TV/soaps so when any similar ****e is on I'm gone.

glynf wrote: »
    Good thread OP. 38 & playing since 5 years old-on a stool to reach the controls of Space invaders on the original Taito cabinet in family pub..10p a pop, loved that thing. f**k I'm getting old :eek:, but glad I'm not alone:)

Never been that big into TV/soaps so when any similar ****e is on I'm gone.

I glad Im not the lone soldier here...
    The poll is moving along nicely and it looks so far that around 1/3 of the lads that voted are 35 and over....

I actually play COD4 so you find that most of the young lads have moved on and its the old farts like myself are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Great poll, yip I'm 38 and sit in the corner of the sitting room with a big set of headphones on blasting CSS or BF/COD while herself watches the soaps and reality show crap that deficates on our TV!!! She's cool with it though as otherwise I would have the footy or Discovery science stuff on that really gets her goat..... ;)

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Great poll, yip I'm 38 and sit in the corner of the sitting room with a big set of headphones on blasting CSS or BF/COD while herself watches the soaps and reality show crap that deficates on our TV!!! She's cool with it though as otherwise I would have the footy or Discovery science stuff on that really gets her goat..... ;)

I hear ya:D;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You're making me feel young! \o/ I'm "only" 28 :o

Advertisement