Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO TRANSFER

• 26-10-2011 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I got 430 points in my leaving cert. I started nursing in Trinity but I hate it. I hate Dublin. I want to get out of it. I was just wondering does anybody know about transferring to another university for year 2 or to repeat first year in a different college even though i didnt get enough CAO points? Please help me. I really want to go to UCC but i missed out by 10 points.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You've only been there 2 months and they'll never let you in with too few CAO points. You're only option would be to repeat but then you might lose your free fees, so this isn't really a decision to take lightly. I'd hold out, if you were a 6th year and a 1st year came up to you saying they wanted to move school after 2 months you'd tell them to leave it a while and put up with it until it gets better. Having that negative an attitude anywhere will be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

If you don't like it then leave. Talk to the college and look into what courses you did get enough points for. Being in college I know several people that cannot stand their course and no matter how much you love where you are or what your doing if you hate the college/area/or course itself then you need to get out. No point asking leaving cert students they're all just fed of the leaving cert and would love to be in any college environment. OP I love where I am and my course but if I didn't I'd be long gone. Don't listen to anyone that tells you to stay for the year you'll regret it in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dumbass2011

Thanks guys for your replies. I really appreciate them. Do you know how many years it would take if I did intellectual disability nursing first and then went into general afterwards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

could you drop out now? I think you would get a fees refund and this year wouldn't count for free fees (ask your tutor the deadline is either October or November) Then could you do a PLC or otherwise that would get you into the course if CAO wouldn't. Maybe apply next year through the CAO and points will have gone down? Or try the foreign route?

• Advertisement
Advertisement