Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Courses?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Started a course and I hate it in another college. Want to move to DIT and do one which is slightly similar but is it too late to transfer now?

Had no replies from the admissions office :-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

If you came in through the CAO you can not transfer until next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Yeah im in the same boat as the OP im wondering what the criteria was for admission next year. I think i have to apply for advanced entry ? or someit like that but not sure if the administration will just look at my application or call me for an interview?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yeah im in the same boat as the OP im wondering what the criteria was for admission next year. I think i have to apply for advanced entry ? or someit like that but not sure if the administration will just look at my application or call me for an interview?
    You could always apply again Via CAO. If you have the points you know you're nearly guaranteed a spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

You could always apply again Via CAO. If you have the points you know you're nearly guaranteed a spot.
    Can you do advanced entry through the CAO. I'm not certain but I don't think so.

If you have a few years college under your belt starting fully again will expensive. Advanced entry could knock a year or two off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Can you do advanced entry through the CAO. I'm not certain but I don't think so.

If you have a few years college under your belt starting fully again will expensive. Advanced entry could knock a year or two off.

I don't think you can. So long as you drop out before the deadline (I really can't remember what it is atm) you aren't liable for fees. You can apply again next year through the CAO and be treated as a new first year. (i.e. entitled to free fees, you just have to pay the €2000 reg/SC fee)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

The deadline is the 31st of October to receive a refund of the student fees.

Advertisement