Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online college course - am I being ripped off?

Options
  • 26-10-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I began a distance learning college course in Management in Sept. Its one year, it cost €3,000 (university affiliated) and I'm disappointed with the quality/standard of the course. Its done through Moodle, there are only 5 students undertaking the course and four co-ordinators for each section.

The course also includes four weekend sessions spread out over the year, 4 assignments on each section and final eaxams.

My main frustration is that none of the co-ordinators log onto Moodle and no email or other contact details have been given out.

So if I want to contact a co-ordinator I have to email the undergrad admin office, they pass on the email to the co-ordinator, they get a reply back and then they email me back. There is no direct contact with the coordinators.

I chose this course over five other colleges thinking it would be the best. I've completed an online course in a community college in the US before which was way more involved.

I'm thinking of writing a letter of complaint. But are my expectations too high or am I being completely ripped off?
    Thanks

Advertisement