Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is a panel too old?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is 2 markets out there the basic of the basic with the likes of Eircom etc. & then the Good Stuff like Siemens HKC & ATS.
    Like for like & price for price Siemens has the edge here. And better priced wireless now....
    (All we need is the MC:p)

Eircom panels have X-10, remote access over the phone as standard so basic it is not.

You are showing us all these extra features for the same price but you now say if you don't want it I can stick in something basic :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Eircom panels have X-10, remote access over the phone as standard so basic it is not.
    If you think thats comparing like with like then you need to do more research. Very basic X10, no cause & effect no mapping gates,no access.
    Remote access over the phone can be done with any panel.
    You are showing us all these extra features for the same price but you now say if you don't want it I can stick in something basic :confused:
    I am saying for the same price as HKC.,
    If you want something basic its a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

So Siemens shades it over HKC because it can hook into Wi-fi and provide reporting in terms of status changes with the alarm. Is that what residential customers get most excited about when deciding between the two panels? Can it be switched on/off remotely as well or would this require add-ons?
    Both panels would require add-ons to do monitoring by mobile phone, is that right?
    Who sells the Siemens panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Both panels require add-ons for remote access.
    With Siemens you can have a panel with webserver with HKC you can't.
    With Siemens X10 is standard, with HKC it's not even an option.
    With Siemens Access is standard ,not with HKC.
    So while both standard panels are around the same cost, Siemens has more options.
    Now while some may argue , you may not use them, if the cost is the same why would you not have them?
    Unfortunately some installers don't even tell you this. I wonder why'?
    REW and Reliable Security and IDAS sell Siemens. Their details are in the sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

And IGT in Lucan
    HKC were sitting on their hands for a long time are still playing catch up

• Advertisement

Both panels require add-ons for remote access.
    With Siemens you can have a panel with webserver with HKC you can't.
    With Siemens X10 is standard, with HKC it's not even an option.
    With Siemens Access is standard ,not with HKC.
    So while both standard panels are around the same cost, Siemens has more options.
    Now while some may argue , you may not use them, if the cost is the same why would you not have them?
    Unfortunately some installers don't even tell you this. I wonder why'?
    REW and Reliable Security and IDAS sell Siemens. Their details are in the sticky.

Most installers I agree will install to preference. I had a nice talk with one of the lads out of Siemens today. Cant believe they will not be doing wire free shocks, inertia/contacts for the SPC. He told me that they are not used in Europe so they will not be developing them. Not a fully hybrid system as we are led to believe. At lease with the HKC hybrid system if you where to have issues with cables it is only a mater of adding a sensor to a loop to use the rest of the cabling.

Can you PM me who you were speaking with. My source was its in R and D and will include the ability to hardwire with duel EOL to include tampers.
    I also believe a transmitter to hardwire out of its also on the cards.

PS Its unbelieveable that Siemens are taking this route.. I don't see what market they are aiming at.

No need, they either have it or as is the case here they don't. From what he told me there will be no shocks, inertia/contacts developed for this panel. Big let down for such a good panel.

No need to even pass on a name?

No need, they either have it or as is the case here they don't. From what he told me there will be no shocks, inertia/contacts developed for this panel. Big let down for such a good panel.

I spoke , at length, to Siemens on this today.
    As you would know there are only 2 people there in a position to make such a statement.
    As you are unwilling to state your source I would say is not one of them.
    My source is and the position is as I said earlier .
    Also there is a working solution for wireless mc s onto Siemens at present anyway.

• Advertisement

I spoke , at length, to Siemens on this today.
    As you would know there are only 2 people there in a position to make such a statement.
    As you are unwilling to state your source I would say is not one of them.
    My source is and the position is as I said earlier .
    Also there is a working solution for wireless mc s onto Siemens at present anyway.

Yes, in Ireland there are only the two people and my information about the sensors comes straight from one of them. Yes, there is a way of getting wire free shocks, inertia/contacts by adding a receiver from the older signet to the keypad. This will allow the sensors off the signet to work with the SPC. It will add cost to the system plus there is another problem. When these older sensors run out they wont be made any more. With regards the R and D of the sensors, since we both have different information from the same source only time will tell..

Yes, in Ireland there are only the two people and my information about the sensors comes straight from one of them. Yes, there is a way of getting wire free shocks, inertia/contacts by adding a receiver from the older signet to the keypad. This will allow the sensors off the signet to work with the SPC. It will add cost to the system plus there is another problem. When these older sensors run out they wont be made any more. With regards the R and D of the sensors, since we both have different information from the same source only time will tell..

I spoke to one of those people today, he assured me the other would not have given such information either. He also confirmed this from his PM as well.

Is this a wind up, I am telling you what one of these people told me.

There is only 2 so make a phone call to the other one ;)

I would not post up something for the sake of it. He said there is no interest in these in Europe so they wont be developing it here. I can only take him at his word as he is from Seimens.

<snipped>
    Information provided by Siemens unreliable.

Ok all , serious changes due here.
    First of all sincere apologies to Altor . It appears there is a severe lack of communication at Siemens . Hard to believe that the top people are not taking to each other.
    I have always found them very reliable and upfront. This is a huge shock to me. No pun intended. I am mobile at the moment , I will tidy up this thread later.
    I'm unlocking now so ye can let me have it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Might be better if it was moved to other channel, at least we can have a proper go at you over there

I wouldn't like people to think I'm hiding..;)

Ok all , serious changes due here.
    First of all sincere apologies to Altor . It appears there is a severe lack of communication at Siemens . Hard to believe that the top people are not taking to each other.
    I have always found them very reliable and upfront. This is a huge shock to me. No pun intended. I am mobile at the moment , I will tidy up this thread later.
    I'm unlocking now so ye can let me have it.:o

Apologies accepted :D

I was as shocked as you as this could be one of the best panels on the Irish market, it is a pity it is aimed at Europe more so than what we install here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Very disappointed with Siemens and the misinformation that has come out of there. Clearly they have decided that Ireland isn't a big enough market to warrant the production of the sensor for here.

A step in the wrong direction because if they are as serious as I was told they were about entering the market in Ireland, this only restricts their panels to certain jobs.

I am just baffled to be honest...:confused:
    Whats the point in bringing out wireless & competing on price with Visonic & then taking themselves out of the domestic market for wireless.?
    There is no commercial market for wireless so what is the wireless part aimed at?
    Upgrades with the option for an extra PiR etc.
    A good panel for wired upgrades & pre wired fresh installs (remember them;)) Other than that IP & commercial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just a guess, but I'd say the plan was to produce the sensor but a decision was made, at a higher level than Ireland, to not go ahead with it. Maybe the lads only found out very recently themselves and if they did I'm sure they're pissed off because it makes them look dishonest/silly.

Just a guess, but I'd say the plan was to produce the sensor but a decision was made, at a higher level than Ireland, to not go ahead with it. Maybe the lads only found out very recently themselves and if they did I'm sure they're pissed off because it makes them look dishonest/silly.

The amazing this is there are really only 2 guys involved here. Altor spoke to one & I spoke ont the phone, at length to the other yesterday. He not on said the other guy wouldn't have said this but that the topic of inertia's had been discussed with his PM & he was assured it was on the cards.

Unbelievable...:confused::eek::confused::(
    Not only does it make them look bad, it makes us look bad when the customers with the quotes come back looking for their wireless alarm. Good job Ive plenty of Visonic Receivers.

Thank god I spoke to the right one :D

All joking aside, they should really think about this again.

Advertisement