Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Amazon Audiobook

• 26-10-2011 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

For those of you who are still waiting for your google4u reading glasses Amazon have a deal on for a free Audiobook. Worth a look. I did the Steve Jobs book for £17.95; free with offer cant say Ill listen but I aint much of a reader. Linky here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

However, please note you have to cancel subscription:
    "Try our one book a month plan for 30 days with no obligation and choose any of our 50,000 titles for free. You will not be charged during your free trial period and even if you decide to cancel you can still keep your free download. After your 30 day trial, your membership will renew each month for just £7.99 per month so you can continue to receive one audiobook credit per month. No commitment, you can cancel your membership at any time. Any unused audiobook credits will be lost at cancellation..... Credit card details required to verify age and identity but your card will not be charged during your free trial. "
    Cancel the subscription after downloading free book and then they offer you 3 months for 3.99 etc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Thanks OP, also downloaded the Jobs book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Thanks I just got the Fry Chronicles, I wanted Moab is my washpot but it said it wasn't available in my country :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

How do you cancel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

under my membership

• Advertisement

In my haste to get something for free, I ordered an ebook instead of an audio book!:o

Hopefully I can get a refund on it as I don't see myself reading it on my iPhone!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Thanks for this OP, got the Alan Partidge audiobook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

great link op.
    just got 19 hours on google and cancelled membership to ensure i dont forget :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

polaris68 wrote: »
    Thanks for this OP, got the Alan Partidge audiobook.

Couldn't recommend this highly enough. Sadly I paid for this through iTunes. Just got the Jobs book there.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Awesome, got Alan Partridge book. It's narrated by the man himself too.

• Advertisement

garion wrote: »
    Awesome, got Alan Partridge book. It's narrated by the man himself too.

Coogan or Partridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Some real bargains there - the full unabridged 'Ulysses' for free - went for 'Finnegans Wake' though so I'll see if I can run and understand that at the same time! Thanks for the heads up OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Soarer wrote: »
    Coogan or Partridge?
    Yes.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Yes.

Back of the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Joe_Box

Thanks OP

However, I'm slightly wary of giving my credit card details when I'm not actually buying something.

I saw a similar deal with another site before (not as well known as amazon), and I ended up paying .99c a month for a few months before I copped it.

I presume this is ok, as it's associated with Amazon though...?

Joe_Box wrote: »
    Thanks OP

However, I'm slightly wary of giving my credit card details when I'm not actually buying something.

I saw a similar deal with another site before (not as well known as amazon), and I ended up paying .99c a month for a few months before I copped it.

I presume this is ok, as it's associated with Amazon though...?

Its grand, amazon are very cool imo. To make sure you don't forget, download your chosen book and then cancel your subscription. Can listen to it on your phone, PC, whatever.
    Great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Thanks Op. Will give an audiobook a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I downloaded the software, installed and all, picked the Alan Partridge book. ****ing awful software. I've uninstalled and I'm about to pirate the book so I can actually listen to it on whichever device I like without hassle.

TPD wrote: »
    I downloaded the software, installed and all, picked the Alan Partridge book. ****ing awful software. I've uninstalled and I'm about to pirate the book so I can actually listen to it on whichever device I like without hassle.

Yea, software is rubbish. The android app looks pretty good. 100% with you on the pirates but some people are still too scared to be at that so, the freebie might be useful for them.
    Also, you can go into the settings and use Windows media player if you prefer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Some real bargains there - the full unabridged 'Ulysses' for free - went for 'Finnegans Wake' though so I'll see if I can run and understand that at the same time! Thanks for the heads up OP

Exercise and Finnegans Wake.

That's an appealing combination. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

thansk OP, just picked up the steve jobs bio for free :-)

Soarer wrote: »
    In my haste to get something for free, I ordered an ebook instead of an audio book!:o

Hopefully I can get a refund on it as I don't see myself reading it on my iPhone!:rolleyes:

To follow up on this, fair play to Apple as they've decided to refund me the price of the book! :D

Next thing is to choose an audio book.

What's the general concensus? If you're torn between a few different books, should you go for the one which would cost the most to buy ('cause it's free) or go for the longest (since it's audio)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Joe_Box

Its grand, amazon are very cool imo. To make sure you don't forget, download your chosen book and then cancel your subscription. Can listen to it on your phone, PC, whatever.
    Great deal

Good idea, ill try that, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

In fact, even if you are interested in keeping on your subscription, you should cancel because you will immediately be offered the 1st 3 months for £3.99 rather than the regular price of £7.99.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was an audible member for a few months. I kept on my sub for a bit after my free one ran out as there were a few other books I wanted my monthly credit for.

No probs cancelling my subscription after that.

Advertisement