Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Societies

• 26-10-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hey there, I'm going to be heading to ITT next year, and I was musing over a possible society. The Gatt Society. Esentially, we would meet every saturday or so and go knacker drinking. Upon sign up you'd be entered into a raffle for a slab of Dutch Gold.
    I doubt I would be allowed to do this, though. Anyone have any input?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yeah I'm pretty certain that this would be frowned upon.

Maybe you could set up a field appreciation society, and while you are out appreciating fields, someone might bring along a few cans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Or call it the Fermented Fruit Juice and Alcoholic Beverage Appreciation Society. Wear a tux, top hat and monocle when pitching the idea to the societies officer and you might have some hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Or a knitting society? although they have been known to get rather rowdy too :confused:

Advertisement