Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wills & Probate ( social welfare estate documents)

Options
  • 26-10-2011 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I would just like to know if anyone out there can answer my question or has had any dealings with the same. Our family Solicitor is currently applying for probate on my mothers estate, along with this the Social welfare dept are looking for a list of her Assets (as she was in receipt of disability allowance just before she passed ) to determine incase she was ever overpaid by them !!!!!!. When she initially applied for disability allowance she would of declared any other income both my parents had therefore she received a reduced rate of disability allowance.... Her savings at the time of her application for disability would of been no where near the amount of savings she accumulated at the time of her death . how do they determine if she was or ever overpaid in her disability allowance ? and will they decide now, that because she had savings at time of her death, all disability is owed back to them , even though these savings were accumulated over a good few years ?????????

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement