Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube on iPhone 4 on Meteor

Options
  • 26-10-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi i have iphone 4 on meteor. It won't load youtube videos really atall it's just loading all the time. It's strange cos when i plug the phone into my laptop and use the tehtering/personal hotspot youtube loads fine perfect no probs (so the 3G network seems fast enough)

Does anyone have any ideas thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

desodon wrote: »
    Hi i have iphone 4 on meteor. It won't load youtube videos really atall it's just loading all the time. It's strange cos when i plug the phone into my laptop and use the tehtering/personal hotspot youtube loads fine perfect no probs (so the 3G network seems fast enough)

Does anyone have any ideas thanks?

Might be a bug with the app or something wrong with the iPhone?

I have an Omnia 7 and meteors data speeds are more than enough to stream HD content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Are you viewing YouTube through the YouTube app or via the browser?
    The app is working fine for me here over 3G...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

Might be a bug with the app or something wrong with the iPhone?

I have an Omnia 7 and meteors data speeds are more than enough to stream HD content.

ya i find meteors data speeds very good but it just not working for me. it seems it's fine on the wifi though? i've just upgraded to ios5 so maybe that'll help haven't got a chance yet to test it on 3G though.

for example when you open a youtube video would it start playing in less than 5-10 seconds say?

Kensington wrote: »
    Are you viewing YouTube through the YouTube app or via the browser?
    The app is working fine for me here over 3G...

Both it doesn't seem to work on either just constant loading (as if it's buffering say)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ya i find meteors data speeds very good but it just not working for me. it seems it's fine on the wifi though? i've just upgraded to ios5 so maybe that'll help haven't got a chance yet to test it on 3G though.

for example when you open a youtube video would it start playing in less than 5-10 seconds say?

Just testing it there with m.youtube.com

Took about 2 secs to start playing the video on 2 bars of coverage :)

• Advertisement

Just testing it there with m.youtube.com

Took about 2 secs to start playing the video on 2 bars of coverage :)
    Thanks.
    F*ck sake, same story . What you think i should do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

2-3 seconds here for me too (sorry :()

Try resetting your network settings:
    - Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Also, have you updated to iOS 5?

Kensington wrote: »
    2-3 seconds here for me too (sorry :()

Try resetting your network settings:
    - Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Also, have you updated to iOS 5?

Thanks. Tried that and still no joy. I updated it to iOs5 lastnight alright. maybe i should do some hard reset or something?

Advertisement