Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fireworks/gunfire southside

Options
  • 26-10-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Anyone hear mad fireworks or gunfire coming from south side of the city I think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's fireworks...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I heard it up in Beaumont. That noise was scaring the sh*t out my rabbits and my cat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

5 days before Halloween - I'm guessing it's more likely to be fireworks :rolleyes: You'll hear them in pretty much any area you go to at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

It was from a huge fireworks display at a kids party at Wanderers Rugby Club on Merrion Road. Had to stop training for 15 minutes for it:rolleyes:

Great having pets that love firework season. I have two budgies and I put their cage beside the window so they get to see them as well as hear them. They love it.

Might ask the boyfriend to take the two cats inside this weekend though in north county Dublin.

I heard it's Dvwali (sp?) the Hindu celebration tonight, which explains a lot of the fireworks because it's a festival of lights and fireworks are a big part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cosmic wrote: »
    5 days before Halloween - I'm guessing it's more likely to be fireworks :rolleyes: You'll hear them in pretty much any area you go to at the moment.

I remember two years ago the night before Halloween we were sitting in a pub in Finglas village and heard to loud bangs very close together, figured they were fireworks, until we realised we were in the middle of Finglas village... turns out some one got shot in the head twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

January wrote: »
    I remember two years ago the night before Halloween we were sitting in a pub in Finglas village and heard to loud bangs very close together, figured they were fireworks, until we realised we were in the middle of Finglas village... turns out some one got shot in the head twice...

Oh that is terrible :(

Hopefully nobody will be shot to death this halloween,i know if i had a grudge and was gonna go shoot someone id try wait till haloween night so that the fireworks would hide the gunfire noise

Advertisement