Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Symon

Options
  • 26-10-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Good evening. We have viewed a few houses for sale in Mount Symon, Clonsilla and are considering making an offer on one. Any advice on the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Max.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

:eek:

Have you got mortgage approved !??
    Lucky guy !

All areas are getting more or less same:under teenagers control !!
    The guys are growing up and taking over.So,as a joke,if you want to buy a house,look at the kids playing on the streets...

And,i reckon is not by the area anymore,but strangely..more by the time of day or by day of the week !!!

And,having teenagers myself,i can say it from experience...

Good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Max Keller

Thanks Rolion. We're mortgage approved. At the moment we’re unlikely to make an offer without completing more research as there are a few other areas we’re considering. Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I cycle through Mount Symon regularly.

Seems to be a quiet settled estate.

It is attached to the "Premier Dublin 15 Estate" (Portersgate - the residents coined this tag!!!!)

Mount Symon is convenient to the Train Station, Ongar and Blanch Centre.

Are you currently living in D15?

Thanks Diddler. Presently we're renting an apartment in the city centre. The location is appealing as you have mentioned it's convenient to the Clonsilla Train Station, Ongar and the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and I’ve also heard that the 39 bus service is supposed to be quite good. Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Max Keller wrote: »
    Thanks Diddler. Presently we're renting an apartment in the city centre. The location is appealing as you have mentioned it's convenient to the Clonsilla Train Station, Ongar and the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and I’ve also heard that the 39 bus service is supposed to be quite good. Max.

You will be well serviced by Dublin Bus, the 39 on the Clonsilla road and the 39A on the Ongar Distributer road. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've lived in the area all my life, and although it can be "infected" by a bad younger crowd from time to time, it really isn't a bad place to live. Mount Symon really is well placed in terms of bus and train links, and you also have the new Beech Park just a stones throw away, which is great if you have (or are planning to have) kids.

There are gyms either side of you with Crunch at Westmanstown, Coolmine just up the road, Westpoint at the Blanchardstown Centre. The library, cinema, shopping centre are all a two minute drive away. And heading away from town, you're only a minute away from the countryside really.

If you've any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I've lived in the area all my life, and although it can be "infected" by a bad younger crowd from time to time, it really isn't a bad place to live

As have I, 30+ years (apart from a couple of years in the middle). I've been living in Mount Symon right from the get-go (2002, we bought off the plans).
    MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Mount Symon really is well placed in terms of bus and train links, and you also have the new Beech Park just a stones throw away, which is great if you have (or are planning to have) kids.

I'm biased, but I have to agree. Its 10min walk to Clonsilla station which is dead handy if you're working in the city (30 mins to Pearse, 25 mins to Docklands) and the Blanch Centre is just down the road. In my experience, its a pretty quiet estate and while theres the odd incident, its no more of less than you would expect elsewhere. @rolion - you don't see many gangs of teenagers hanging about the place, while theres a bit of through traffic, most kids about the place are too young to be yobs (yet!).

Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciated. Max.

Thanks everyone for your input. Greatly appreciated. Max.

How are you getting on with your house search Max?

Hi Didder. We've decided to hold back until next year. Still keeping an eye on the area though. If we come accross any other housing estates of interest we'll definately reach out for your opinion. Max.

• Advertisement

Hi Didder. We've decided to hold back until next year. Still keeping an eye on the area though. If we come accross any other housing estates of interest we'll definately reach out for your opinion. Max.
    `

By next year taking drops in the market you will probably be able to get a nice place in Limelawn or the "Premier Dublin 15 Estate"!

Advertisement