Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Tiler

• 26-10-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

We wish to put polished porcelain tiles down in our kitchen and hallway. Just wondering how much per sq. metre we should be paying, North Dublin area. approx. 65sqm /78 sq. yards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I know a guy who is very good and he charges €15 per sq yard. He's old school:)
    Came recommended down a line of 4 ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hi

Also looking for rough prices and looking for an excellent tiler for small bathroom in d12, about 10 sq yards or so. PMs welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

kodak wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for an excellent tiler for small bathroom in d12, about 10 sq yards or so. PMs welcome

Just checked with lad mentioned ^^ and his # is on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 4 duffy654

Guy who tiled my house was top notch charged 10e a sq yard was alot of porcelain in it
    Pm me if you d like his number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Folks, If your going to pay 10 euro a yard for porc please get references and look at the work. If he is this cheap and not rushed off his feet there is a reason.

To be honest i suggest you phone 2 or 3 tilers and get references.

The only thing worse than paying too much for a tiling job is paying too little and having to look at a bad job

• Advertisement

what he said

The mother got her kitchen done, paid a small fortune to the tiler but his work was 100% flawless.

Sister & brother-in-law couldn't afford him so got someone else and their kitchen looks like a dog's dinner.

Whoever you get check previous examples of their work. Seriously, can not stress this enough. Don't take their word for it. Get names & numbers and arrangea viewing to see what their work is like.

Porcelain is not cheap and will look crap if laid wrong

Advertisement