Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offer for 2 crowns-would I need other work too?

• 26-10-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

Bit of a tooth situation, and looking for advice on crowns. I have a chipped crown in the front, and the other front tooth has about 30% of a filling on one corner.
    I'll get the crown replaced anyway.
    On the chipped tooth, I want to get a crown instead of a filling. The tooth is ok and the nerve is fine, but the fillings just go different colour easily. I'd like to get a crown intead of filling this time.

I saw an offer for 2 crowns on a deal site. It says it will cover 2 porcelain crowns.
    mod edit no namesl/
    It says it doesn't cover Root Canal or Post&Core.
    So, my question is, is it likely I will have to pay extra on top of the cost of the 2 crowns?
    My thinking is they can put a crown over the chipped one without post&core, as there is enough tooth left (70%) to secure the crown on top of. And they don't need root canal, as the nerve is not dead.
    I'm just a bit skeptical, and don't want to find out when I get there that I need to shell out a lot more.
    I know it's difficult to say without actually seeing the teeth, but hopefully someone can give me some indication.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You may need other works its hard to say, the question is whether you want cheap, all porcelain weak Jacket style crowns in your mouth. There are much stronger alternatives available. Given you have chipped crowns before maybe something stronger would be better.

I would be asking where the crown are made, cause at those prices either there is going to be massive unselling to cover the loss or they are buying in the cheapest of the cheap crowns, which are neither pretty nor strong. Check the term and conditions to make sure they are not limiting appointment numbers or appointment length and that they will allow you as many visits as you like until you are happy with the crowns. Also check that the dentist doing the work will be there if anything goes wrong.

I get brochures all the time offering me crowns for a tenth of the price I get them at currently however the quality and appearance is dire. If its too good to be true then it usually is.

Advertisement