Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goyas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JustMary wrote: »
    Getting back to the OPs question, no they're not open after 6pm AFAIK.

Griffiins is sometimes open til 7pm. Other than that, I think Javas is the only option.

a pity that Galway does not have a cafe culture. I guess they cannot compete with the pubs.
    does Griffiths have atmosphere or is it more like a canteen?

padi89 wrote: »
    My sister had her wedding cake made there and it was incredible.

incredibly expensive I would imagine

newkie wrote: »
    I once waited 45 minutes there for a cup of coffee. Blacklisted.

That said, wife regularly picks up goya's a joyces when visiting parents and says it goes down well.

I was in there last year, the waitress took the order and then went off for a fag break. we had a considerable wait and while we waited another couple arrived, were treated like royalty and served rapidly. that made a poor impression.

how do their pastries compare with the gourmet tart company?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    a pity that Galway does not have a cafe culture. I guess they cannot compete with the pubs.
    does Griffiths have atmosphere or is it more like a canteen?
    Griffins. Its an in and out job full of tourists and an older clientele imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Griffins. Its an in and out job full of tourists and an older clientele imo.

Bring back 'Banana Republic' :D not they knew how to serve a hot chocolate!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Fuinseog wrote: »
    incredibly expensive I would imagine

Not that much dearer than some of the cakes my friends had that were all left behind at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

padi89 wrote: »
    :confused: Would you not have made noise after 10 mins?

This was a couple years ago, they were new, and it was a busy summer afternoon (John Mahoney strolled by, my wife almost swooned). We were trying to keep two increasingly fidgety toddlers under control. I did go in 3 times... the third time I was quite angry and went in to cancel. But the girl passed by with our order at last as I was waiting to give out to the girl behind the register. Defeated, I went back to the table and skulled my coffee. There was no enjoyment in it after that. We decided it was not a place to bring children or if you are in a hurry. I've never gone back.

Advertisement