Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Advice

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

i have 500 quid for a new build. i need gpu, psu, motherboard and ram. ill use it for gaming

any advice appreiciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Rams
    Mobo
    i5 2500k

I hope to be getting something similar to this in the near future.

This might be a good PSU as well, I'm not too sure.

There are cheaper options but I wouldn't skimp on price, Girlfriend had her motherboard fired by a dodgy PSU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

thanks guys, it's for a mate. my build i got a few months back is still going great (thanks to deconduo :P )

edit: he is asking me if he can use his old psu, it's a 750 watt corsair i think. if he can use that maybe we can get a slight better gpu or something or even an i5 2500 (he won't be ocing) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

darego wrote: »
    thanks guys, it's for a mate. my build i got a few months back is still going great (thanks to deconduo :P )

edit: he is asking me if he can use his old psu, it's a 750 watt corsair i think. if he can use that maybe we can get a slight better gpu or something or even an i5 2500 (he won't be ocing) ?
    you want to be more specific than "750W corsair". how old is it and exactly what model?

its probably fine but just to be sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I just re-read the OP, you don't mention a CPU.
    Plus I may be overstepping the €500 a little bit.

The Corsair 750W should do the trick.

For the money, the 6870 is a monstrous card.
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

darego wrote: »

Not worth getting the i5-2500 over the 2400 considering it just gets a small speed bump. Better off getting a 6950 instead, assuming the PSU can handle it. If you give us the exact model of the PSU it would be great, but assuming its not too old it should do the job grand.

Advertisement