Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redfield scope

Options
  • 26-10-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about getting a redfield revolution 4-12x40 to put on a cz 550 in .308win.
    Has anyone used one? if so what do you make of them? would they be up to the job?
    also if anyone has an alternative let me know but the budget is tight so don't be teasing me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Feildham,
    The Redfields are great scopes. They are currently made under Leupold, so you would think they have to be on par with their parent company.

When it comes to Redfields, the older the better. The old glass has become legendary. Old fixed 4x scopes still command a premium in the states. I think Redfield ran in to some environmental issues long ago which is when/why they went dormant.

Anyhow, what part of Rebel Country are you close to? Are you far from Charleville? Also, give us an idea of your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

im down near clonakilty. was looking and could get one for under 200 on ebay, budget is round 250 got to keep it small with collage and all
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ive only looked threw a redfield scope once and i was shocked how clear the optics were compared to the hawke i use

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

i have one for sale if your interested? its the 5 star model 4-12x40 its in the for sale section with pics. the clarity is great. im changing for higher mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

not sure what the 5 star model is like, how much are you looking for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jay.b

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74695834

heres some pics.it is pre "leopold takeover" as mentioned the older models are considered better. its in great condition and you can view anytime( unlike the one on ebay you mentioned) and it wont burst your budget thanks for the interest.

Advertisement