Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 and being U21

Options
  • 26-10-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey Guys

Im really thinkin of doing a J1 this year but havnt picked a destination yet... what's the best place to go if your U21 (I'm 20) jobwise and going out wise :confused::confused:...Are there pubs/clubs you can go to even if you are under 21?..preferably somewhere on the east coast

Cheers!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mpbmpb

Hey Elz10 I'm in the same boat we're seriously considering Canada because of the crackdown on Irish passports last summer . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wanderlust1

I was 20 on my J1 last year on Martha's Vineyard and found it pretty annoying to be honest... House parties were fine because we could always get people to buy us drink however going out was a hassle. And a bit embarassing when I was with people from work who'd be in their 20's and I'd be getting turned away because places on MV only accepted passports or american driving licenses.

In saying that though, you can get lucky depending on who you're with and where you are. By August I was getting served in 3/4 bars there purely because I would go out with the other bartenders and servers I worked with and get introduced to other bartenders who would never ask for ID.

Advertisement