Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Collection and Distribution

• 26-10-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭

If anyone is unable to attend the launch, could they post here and let us know where they are located. I'm sure people would be willing to pick up a few copies to dish out to people who can't make the Dublin date.

Username:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Ken,
    I will be unable to attend the launch and would be obliged if some alternative arrangements could be made for collection of a copy of the book. I live in Dungarvan, Co Waterford and I think that http://www.shakespearephotobooks.com/ are based somewhere in the Dungarvan area. Maybe it could be organised with the printers that I could collect my copy locally.

Username: Lagnagoushee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll grab your copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

username: dinneenp

I'm also looking for someone whom I could meet with before the launch to give a lens to. It's for someone to collect at the launch night.

thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Username: Maddogcollins

I am unable to make it but am will to pay for postage or anything that needs to be done. Have plenty of friends/family in Dublin region that I could possible badger to collect for me. I'll update if I manage to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Username: Maddogcollins

I am unable to make it but am will to pay for postage or anything that needs to be done. Have plenty of friends/family in Dublin region that I could possible badger to collect for me. I'll update if I manage to.

I'm heading up i work in ennis so can bring yours down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Username: Necronomicon

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Unfortunately I live in the UK now but if a copy could make it to my parents place in Wexford that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I may not be able to make it up again! :( But if I can't.

XiledSniper, Limerick (Could do the same thing as last year Ken :) )

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

I won't be able to make the launch either, have to work that weekend :mad:

I live in Kilkenny, but work in Waterford during the week, or I'd have no problems paying for postage either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Won't be able to make the launch
    Kbeg3, Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

username: kev_longshanks100

Don't suppose anybody going to be going my way?? :pac:. Alternatively my folks are in Donegal and I can pay for postage to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Just out of couriosity, is anyone just going up for the launch and comming back down then going from the Limerick Area? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Just out of couriosity, is anyone just going up for the launch and comming back down then going from the Limerick Area? :)

ill be heading back as far as the killable exit on the n7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

username: kev_longshanks100

Don't suppose anybody going to be going my way?? :pac:. Alternatively my folks are in Donegal and I can pay for postage to them

I can collect yours and bring it back in late January. Then you could collect it from my place (just up the road near Byron Bay) or some local postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Damokc

Username: Damokc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Morrisseeee
    North Cork, or alternatively Cork City/Ballincollig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Another one for galway!

Pope buckfast xvi
    Galway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Gaspode
    Dublin

But if I talk nicely to BuzzLightyear he might pick mine up for me if he's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

sNarah - Belgium
    But I'm pretty sure DarrenG will collect my copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Homer_simpson
    Donegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

kensutz wrote: »
    If anyone is unable to attend the launch, could they post here and let us know where they are located. I'm sure people would be willing to pick up a few copies to dish out to people who can't make the Dublin date.

Username: COUSCOUS007

Or work in Sligo Town?! Please help?
    I am happy to pay for postage too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I'll be there the night of the launch
    and
    will be traveling between Dublin and Clonmel on the 27th, so i could drop off books on the way, if anyone wishes.

:)

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Fionn wrote: »
    and
    will be traveling between Dublin and Clonmel on the 27th, so i could drop off books on the way, if anyone wishes.

Could you pickup mine please Fionn, you'll be (literally) passing my door on the way home?

Fionn wrote: »
    and

Hi,
    I'll be in Clonmel on the 27th Dec so I'll PM you. thanks.
    If anyone from Galway is heading over I'll take up an offer from them instead as I'll be leaving Clonmel after lunch on the 27th, you mightn't be down by then.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'll be in Clonmel on the 27th Dec so I'll PM you. thanks.
    If anyone from Galway is heading over I'll take up an offer from them instead as I'll be leaving Clonmel after lunch on the 27th, you mightn't be down by then.

Hi Pa,

If you manage to swing this, will you also get my book, thanks!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Username: COUSCOUS007

Or work in Sligo Town?! Please help?
    I am happy to pay for postage too!!!

I can pick your copy up, you can pick it up in Sligo whenever suits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Morrisseeee
    North Cork, or alternatively Cork City/Ballincollig

I will be able help with North Cork, or Cork City - though it would be mid December..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Username: aidanic

Is the book physically available (but I promise not to open) before the launch night? If so, I can help with books for Sydney/Australia/NZ. (kev_longshanks100 & CabanSail)

aidanic wrote: »
    Username: aidanic

Is the book physically available (but I promise not to open) before the launch night? If so, I can help with books for Sydney/Australia/NZ. (kev_longshanks100 & CabanSail)

It may be, all depends on things going according to plan! If you're in the South Dublin area before the launch, sign your life away that 'thou shalt not open the book' etc. etc. then I may be able to help you ;)

CabanSail will be at the launch though, so he's sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I
    CabanSail will be at the launch though, so he's sorted!

What? That's a hell of a long way to come! BIG respect Tony ;)

Hi Pa,

If you manage to swing this, will you also get my book, thanks!?

I'll get your book as well.
    :o Silly me; when Fionn said he'll be down on the 27th I thought he meant December as I'm down in Clonmel over Xmas and heading back on the 27th.

But it's November. He'll drop the books to my sister in law and if she's up or I'm down we'll have them before Xmas, if not I'll be back from Clonmel on 27th Dec so will have them then at the very latest.

That's great, thanks a million Pa - I owe you a pint :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Pope buckfast xvi
    Galway
    username: dinneenp

Another one for Galway!

Username: foto joe

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just a reminder of last years event - pics courtesy of MissusP&B :)

037605D3F5294CE78B04C39802937033-0000337267-0002041091-00500L-543982DADA234CB2AB4A16F1252F3D7B.jpg 4E4BD9B11CCD432EA78E696328B47CA4-0000337267-0002041090-00500L-F4EA2E3FC08D45259143AEF8847FE204.jpg EB3E0C6DC9614D6180E8B7C17E9CD1BA-0000337267-0002041087-00500L-90C1A7599FDF4644BD44FD1A45FB4AC1.jpg 63F74BB47EBE4559867CFB8CDACD117F-0000337267-0002041081-00500L-860523CA42AB42B7B69BBE98A737F8CB.jpg 37E726B495DF4E78A3EE62765FE7EC2F-0000337267-0002041078-00500L-285EA72866F14BC2B1E51A1412307865.jpg BFD8DC7FC3B247C3974DF06B62238ED3-0000337267-0002041086-00500L-64D1A390917241DAB3D8A05EE6D020D9.jpg 4B7CF2C6D8004139914BB81C3A8DAE66-0000337267-0002041088-00500L-A3C889142F4048349AF3C389B59FF76F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

looking for anyone traveling from Galway to Dublin for the launch (warning! hoping for a favour - need a lens brought up that direction) - thanks if anyones able to assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

Username: Queen of Pots

Working, unfortunately.

If you're heading towards Clonmel, Fionn, maybe I could pick up my copy from you also?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

What? That's a hell of a long way to come! BIG respect Tony ;)

Well there are some things that you just have to do. It is a bit of a sacrafice as I have forfeited my annual Mod Budget for Coke & Hookers to get an Airfare instead, though it is only Business Class with MHC Benefits. I am now at Kuala Lumpur Airport in the Lounge after two gruelling nights in a 5 star Hotel.

I sure hope you lot appreciate how hard this job is at times. ;)

See ya there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

If you're heading towards Clonmel, ..............

yeah i can bring it down for you, send me a pm when you get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Username: toe_knee

Christmas party in Galway that night. I am in Dublin the night before if that's any good and I could bring over books to anyone in Galway for launch night.
    If not I will be back in Dublin on Wednesday and could bring some down to anyone in Carlow or Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

I will be unable to attend the Launch.
    I am in Dublin though so can pick it up from somewhere if someone can advise where & when.. thank you!

Username: Misstaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Queen of Pots

@Fionn I better try and get 25 posts together then so I can PM you. I tend to 'lurk' a lot. ;)

Oh wait, I've just sent it. :)

toe_knee wrote: »
    Username: toe_knee

Christmas party in Galway that night. I am in Dublin the night before if that's any good and I could bring over books to anyone in Galway for launch night.
    If not I will be back in Dublin on Wednesday and could bring some down to anyone in Carlow or Kilkenny

This would be great, I'd get the book sooner rather than later.
    Once someone replies stating if you can get the Gawlay people's books the night before can you update me. (I think it should be possible, someone else posted similar about being in Dublin before the launch night too).

I'll them PM you with details.

cheers,
    pa.

This would be great, I'd get the book sooner rather than later.
    Once someone replies stating if you can get the Gawlay people's books the night before can you update me. (I think it should be possible, someone else posted similar about being in Dublin before the launch night too).

I'll them PM you with details.

cheers,
    pa.

That'd be great for me too, I'm away that weekend, but Pa might be able to take my copy and I could meet up with him, if that's ok?

Unlikely the night before I am afraid - I have Christmas party and can't really meet. Unless you can call out to Sandyford on the Friday before. 5pm? Books are slightly delayed, not with us yet.

Unlikely the night before I am afraid - I have Christmas party and can't really meet. Unless you can call out to Sandyford on the Friday before. 5pm? Books are slightly delayed, not with us yet.

Would it be possible to leave the books at reception at some hotel where they can be picked up? I've done this before (with hotels I wasn't staying in) without any bother).

I had a dream last night that I got my book but wasn't meant to open it up before Xmas day. I had a quick flick but only 2 of my photos were in it and the book was slightly ripped....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

hi all just saw this now....

emmm anyone from kerry?

otherwise I'll have to go up myself :eek: and go and have a good time.

Would it be possible to leave the books at reception at some hotel where they can be picked up? I've done this before (with hotels I wasn't staying in) without any bother).

I had a dream last night that I got my book but wasn't meant to open it up before Xmas day. I had a quick flick but only 2 of my photos were in it and the book was slightly ripped....

I am not sure - Im working long hours and commuting along the m50 - what hotel?

I am not sure - Im working long hours and commuting along the m50 - what hotel?

I'd advice against this eventhough I've collected items like that before, for the simple reason that it'd be a real pity if they went missing.

Where are you based Pa?

sheesh wrote: »
    hi all just saw this now....

emmm anyone from kerry?

otherwise I'll have to go up myself :eek: and go and have a good time.
    God forbid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Misstaken wrote: »
    I will be unable to attend the Launch.
    I am in Dublin though so can pick it up from somewhere if someone can advise where & when.. thank you!

Username: Misstaken

Will you be in DCC for the meeting on 29th? I can give you your copy then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement