Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Collection and Distribution

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

toe_knee wrote: »
    Username: toe_knee

Christmas party in Galway that night. I am in Dublin the night before if that's any good and I could bring over books to anyone in Galway for launch night.
    If not I will be back in Dublin on Wednesday and could bring some down to anyone in Carlow or Kilkenny

+1 for this! Galway boardsies - up for a Galway afternoon mini-launch if it happens...? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK I'll have to put my name back on the list, if anyone could collect for me I'd be much obliged.
    Gaspode
    Dublin 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

sNarah wrote: »
    I'd advice against this eventhough I've collected items like that before, for the simple reason that it'd be a real pity if they went missing.

Where are you based Pa?

I'm in Galway.
    Someone has already offered to bring any Galway books to Clonmel, my mother and sister in law live there. So at the worst I'll/Galway people will get them just after Christmas.

It'd be great if we could get them at the end of this month...
    A mini launch in Galway sounds cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

If I wasn't so busy I would defintely meet up and hand them over, it's a pity. We'll figure it out though and you'll have the books as soon as possible!

Can't wait to see them!

Gaspode wrote: »
    OK I'll have to put my name back on the list, if anyone could collect for me I'd be much obliged.
    Gaspode
    Dublin 15

Where is Dublin 15? I work in D18 and live in D8 - so if I bring yours with me I'm sure I can help get it to you at some stage. Just let me know so that I don't forget :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Where is Dublin 15? I work in D18 and live in D8 - so if I bring yours with me I'm sure I can help get it to you at some stage. Just let me know so that I don't forget :D

The postal codes in Dublin are odd numbers on the Northside, even numbers on the southside. Roughly speaking, the lower the number the nearer to city centre. Dublin 15 would be around Blanchardstown (I think), Dublin 8 would be around St. James's Hospital, Dublin 18 is too far south (west?) for a Northsider like me to know :-)

The postal codes in Dublin are odd numbers on the Northside, even numbers on the southside. Roughly speaking, the lower the number the nearer to city centre. Dublin 15 would be around Blanchardstown (I think), Dublin 8 would be around St. James's Hospital, Dublin 18 is too far south (west?) for a Northsider like me to know :-)
    Yup indeed but I am actually just between Heuston and Chapelizod. Might suit! One of those 'living on the northside with a southside code' peeps!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yup indeed but I am actually just between Heuston and Chapelizod. Might suit! One of those 'living on the northside with a southside code' peeps!

Sounds like you're not too far from me - If no-one else can grab it, I'll pm you and pick it up maybe the tue or wed after the launch? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

right, now that i'm definitely positively absolutely going to the launch, i'll offer the following:

anyone in mayo/sligo - i can collect your copies and drop them off somewhere on the following monday.

anyone in galway - i can collect your copies and leave them off later in the week - tues or wed. city centre location preferred.

pm me if you think that's of any help!

:)

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    right, now that i'm definitely positively absolutely going to the launch, i'll offer the following:

anyone in mayo/sligo - i can collect your copies and drop them off somewhere on the following monday.

anyone in galway - i can collect your copies and leave them off later in the week - tues or wed. city centre location preferred.

pm me if you think that's of any help!

I said I'd collect a few books that were going to mKe their way to Galway via Clonmel. But it'll be quicker for Artyeva to pick them up; she'll be in Galway before they'd make up via Clonmel. Can everyone who asked me to collect their books PM Artyeva and update me (presuming u want Artyeva to collect yours)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

toe_knee wrote: »
    Username: toe_knee

Christmas party in Galway that night. I am in Dublin the night before if that's any good and I could bring over books to anyone in Galway for launch night.
    If not I will be back in Dublin on Wednesday and could bring some down to anyone in Carlow or Kilkenny

Hi Tony, Would you be able to collect my two books? I'm away that weekend.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

dinneenp wrote: »
    I said I'd collect a few books that were going to mKe their way to Galway via Clonmel. But it'll be quicker for Artyeva to pick them up; she'll be in Galway before they'd make up via Clonmel. Can everyone who asked me to collect their books PM Artyeva and update me (presuming u want Artyeva to collect yours)

Hi Pa,

Have asked Eva to bring my book down too! We can arrange for one/all of us to pick them up from her in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Misstaken

xia wrote: »
    Will you be in DCC for the meeting on 29th? I can give you your copy then.

Hi there, yes that would be great, thank you so much!!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Looking forward to the Launch. I get a double whammy as I'll also be getting last years book for the first time too.

There will be some exciting news on the night too. If all goes to plan then next year will be huge.

See you all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

CabanSail wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Launch. I get a double whammy as I'll also be getting last years book for the first time too.

There will be some exciting news on the night too. If all goes to plan then next year will be huge.

See you all there.

I better not forget to bring your books in then

• Advertisement

That's some teaser....

free cameras for all?
    boards photo on front page of The Irish Times daily?

as ye're doing a photowalk why not pop by the flashmob, there's a chance to win €100
    link

Photography comp: €100 to be won @ the Aware flashmob this Saturday! Come along and bring someone to hug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Hi Cork_girl, a friend of mine works in Sandyford and he would be willing to pick them up on Friday and I can pick them up from him Friday evening.
    I see ther is a bit of interest from a few Galway people who would like me to bring some copies over to Galway on the Saturday and one in Carlow.
    Unlikely the night before I am afraid - I have Christmas party and can't really meet. Unless you can call out to Sandyford on the Friday before. 5pm? Books are slightly delayed, not with us yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

Just to clarify:

I'm am NOT collecting books for dinneenp or anyone else he had an arrangement with.

I am collecting books on behalf of Spocker and Queen of Pots

Great toe_knee :-) pm me names of those you are collecting and I'll reply with address details :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

This has doubled up on the wifes birthday, She wont let me out to play. Would someone be able to hold mine I can collect in d24 or Bray.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Username: sheesh

honestly will not be able to make it what do i do about getting what happens if my book cannot be collected? thrown at some random stranger on grafton street? :eek:

Great toe_knee :-) pm me names of those you are collecting and I'll reply with address details :-)

Books are going to be heading for a secret location prior to the launch at 11am tomorrow - if you need me to hold some to be collected tomorrow before 5pm.. Shout soon!

sheesh wrote: »

honestly will not be able to make it what do i do about getting what happens if my book cannot be collected? thrown at some random stranger on grafton street? :eek:

There's an idea! We'll figure something out.. I might even be in Tra la la land over Christmas myself if nobody else is heading in that direction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

If I could get on the Galway list, that would be great.

Username: whyulittle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

whyulittle wrote: »
    If I could get on the Galway list, that would be great.

Username: whyulittle

Sorry, I don't go anywhere near Athlone going from Kilkenny to Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

No worries, thought you were going straight from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

sorry about the delay in replying here. I wont be able to make the launch. I live in Dublin (on Malahide Road and work in citywest) if i cna collect it or whatever off someone that would be great thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Sorry guys,
    Can't make it, have a great time. Have pm'd Ken, hopefully he can collect mine, if not will make arrangements to collect next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

I can't make the party, got a job and being broke can't turn the work down :(

Would anyone be able to collect my book and maddog's book that is going back to naas that night (ill be in naas till the early hours) or that i could meet monday evening in the city centre somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Hi Guys,

A number of you know I can't make the launch tomorrow due to a clash of dates. I've two books to pick up for me and one for Gaspode. Would somebody mind please holding onto/picking up my three and I'll get them from you on Sunday or during the week - what ever suits.

Buzz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Hi Guys,

A number of you know I can't make the launch tomorrow due to a clash of dates. I've two books to pick up for me and one for Gaspode. Would somebody mind please holding onto/picking up my three and I'll get them from you on Sunday or during the week - what ever suits.

Buzz

I'll grab them for you.

Will catch up with you sometime next week. Otherwise you know where I live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I'll grab them for you.

Will catch up with you sometime next week. Otherwise you know where I live.

Cheers Tony,
    Sounds like the excuse we both needed for that drink. I'm looking forward to picking them up ;)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

sorry about the delay in replying here. I wont be able to make the launch. I live in Dublin (on Malahide Road and work in citywest) if i cna collect it or whatever off someone that would be great thanks!
    I can do yours if thats ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

sheesh wrote: »

Can do yours but it will be xmas week. Confirm please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    I can do yours if thats ok?
    brill thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Unfortunately work has got in the way and I won't be able to make it tonight:mad:

I live in Dublin 15 and I often travel home through the park
    I could possible pick up my book some evening from Tracy(Cork Girl)
    if that suits?

Have a great night everyone!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    I can't make the party, got a job and being broke can't turn the work down :(

Would anyone be able to collect my book and maddog's book that is going back to naas that night (ill be in naas till the early hours) or that i could meet monday evening in the city centre somewhere?

anyone able to help me out on this?

Unfortunately work has got in the way and I won't be able to make it tonight:mad:

I live in Dublin 15 and I often travel home through the park
    I could possible pick up my book some evening from Tracy(Cork Girl)
    if that suits?

Have a great night everyone!:D

Hey - yup, I'll keep yours for you and can get it to you at some stage that suits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Hey - yup, I'll keep yours for you and can get it to you at some stage that suits :)

Thanks very much Tracy!
    I will be in touch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Won't be able to make the launch
    Kbeg3, Kilkenny

I'll be in Dublin city next weekend, perhaps I could collect my book then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

For all of those not able to collect their books this evening:

Two options:
    - The team will keep all left over books, so can possibly meet somewhere that's handy fort them and pass over your book. Details of this can be discussed this week.

- We can send out your book for €4, to be paid by Paypall which includes the padded enveloppe and postage in Ireland. Also possible in NI, UK and abroad and was done that way last year.

For tonight, just relax, enjoy the evening (I'll be there by Skype :o and gutted I'm missing it) and the left over books will be sorted out over the next couple of weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

In Templeogue Dublin or Delgany Wicklow. Can anyone get my book for me.

Thanks

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Ah crap forgot about this until right now :(
    Really wanted to meet loads of boardsies but exhausted at this stage :o
    If I don't make it in can I collect it off you in Sandyford area Cork_Girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Im in Waterford so Kensutz has kindly offered to get mine for me.

Thanks and hope you're all having a great night!

• Advertisement

tororosso wrote: »
    Ah crap forgot about this until right now :(
    Really wanted to meet loads of boardsies but exhausted at this stage :o
    If I don't make it in can I collect it off you in Sandyford area Cork_Girl?

Yup can do!

Trotter wrote: »
    Im in Waterford so Kensutz has kindly offered to get mine for me.

Thanks and hope you're all having a great night!
    Afraid Ken wasn't able to make it last night..

swingking wrote: »
    In Templeogue Dublin or Delgany Wicklow. Can anyone get my book for me.

Thanks

Stephen

Can you collect from Sandyford?

sNarah wrote: »
    For all of those not able to collect their books this evening:

Two options:
    - The team will keep all left over books, so can possibly meet somewhere that's handy fort them and pass over your book. Details of this can be discussed this week.

- We can send out your book for €4, to be paid by Paypall which includes the padded enveloppe and postage in Ireland. Also possible in NI, UK and abroad and was done that way last year.

For tonight, just relax, enjoy the evening (I'll be there by Skype :o and gutted I'm missing it) and the left over books will be sorted out over the next couple of weeks!

We might need to double check that figure as this years book is bigger and better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Humberklog has kindly offered to collect mine for me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement