Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Collection and Distribution

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Afraid Ken wasn't able to make it last night..

Yeah he's going to pick up mine when he's sorting out his own. Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

I'm in Dublin 9.
    Where do I need to go to get my book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

@Cork_girl, are you still Cork-bound during December? Whether postage is easier or meeting up is easier I don't mind at all! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Couldn't attend due to work commitments :(:( anyone near Balbriggan that I could collect my book from? Or close to the North of the city?

Bren:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I have books here in Leopardstown that can be collected by anyone who was unable to make the launch. Otherwise, they can be collected from where I live, after 8pm near Islandbridge/Heuston Station. To arrange where to meet etc. please send me a PM.

I'm afraid I can't deliver/meet anyone with books in Dublin at random locations as I'd never get home any evening, but can post if necessary. (This does involve me giving up my lunch-break getting to a post-office, so please don't all rush for this option!!)

I will be in Cork close to Christmas or over the Christmas, so can bring books there if you are willing to wait :)

Darren doesn't have any books at the moment - we didn't have rucksacks big enough to carry them home on Saturday night! Will try get some to him soon so that he can distribute to another area! Thank you to Petra_Xia for dropping them to me today, starbar as always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Willing to do a northside run around (within reason!) if needed. If Sheesh still wants his in Tralee too!

Can pick up from Cork Girl at home!

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Willing to do a northside run around (within reason!) if needed. If Sheesh still wants his in Tralee too!

Brilliant, thanks Sir! I will PM you my number :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

maddog wrote: »
    Couldn't attend due to work commitments :(:( anyone near Balbriggan that I could collect my book from? Or close to the North of the city?

I live in Balbriggan so as soon as I get some from Cork_girl I'll be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

DarrenG wrote: »
    I live in Balbriggan so as soon as I get some from Cork_girl I'll be in touch.

Thanks a mill DarrenG:):) I appreciate that ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Thank you to Petra_Xia for dropping them to me today, starbar as always!

Ahhh...:) No problem, was getting used to visit you in the office once a week and see you daily the last days ;)
    I'll PM Swingking now to sort out his book, seeing it is with me now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

EyeBlinks wrote: »

thanks very much eyeblinks! I'll pm you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

artyeva wrote: »
    anyone in galway - i can collect your copies and leave them off later in the week - tues or wed. city centre location preferred.

pm me if you think that's of any help!

:)

Hi artyeve - just seeing this - did you or anyone else grab the Galway books on the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

Any update on other deliveries in Dublin city? If not, I'll pay for postage.

Thanks,

Aidan

aidanic wrote: »
    Any update on other deliveries in Dublin city? If not, I'll pay for postage.

Thanks,

Aidan

Can you not collect at either location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I can deliver some in Dublin or as long as its not too far off my route Four Courts,Dublin - Enfield, Co. Meath.

Can you not collect at either location?

Forgot earlier PM :) Will post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I will be in Cork close to Christmas or over the Christmas, so can bring books there if you are willing to wait :)
    This would suit me, PM me nearer the time please & thanks, I suppose I'll just wait a little longer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

foto joe wrote: »
    Hi artyeve - just seeing this - did you or anyone else grab the Galway books on the night?

i grabbed books for the two people that PM'd me, yeah. delivered them yesterday.

Damn, didn't see your post in time. thanks anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

damn. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

i do be around city centre( not used to outside of the city ) if anyone has a book i could collect of them ?

Conyngham road down by Heuston station?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pauld1

I may be able PM more :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Any further updates on postal delivery? When should we make payment?

5uspect wrote: »
    Any further updates on postal delivery? When should we make payment?

Nope! Still in work now - couldn't get to Post Office today - so it may be Wednesday before I have that info..

If anyone else is planning on collecting from me in Sandyford or by Heuston -please get in touch. Still a lot of books to find homes!

I will get the book weighed etc. asap I promise :(

• Advertisement

Nope! Still in work now - couldn't get to Post Office today - so it may be Wednesday before I have that info..

If anyone else is planning on collecting from me in Sandyford or by Heuston -please get in touch. Still a lot of books to find homes!

I will get the book weighed etc. asap I promise :(

No worries, I was just wondering if I had missed something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

I just picked up my copy of the book this evening off Cork_girl in Sandyford. Absolutely lovely book with tonnes of great photos...delighted and already looking forward to next year.

I would just like to thank Tracy and the rest of the boardsies that put so much work into getting this book sorted this year. Very happy camper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

I'm going to call by Cork_girl on Wednesday afternoon to collect my own copy of the book.

If there's anyone in Dublin 2, or Dun Laoghaire and possibly Santry, who could do with a copy being collected from Cork_girl, and dropped off, PM me, and I'll see what can be arranged. Going to be a busy couple of days at the end of this week.

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Any more on postage costs etc?

Soon! :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi y'all,

Any word on postage costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Was just about to post the same, wouldn't have minded having this for Christmas, it's almost a month since the launch now :(

Have postagecost - €3 must buy envelopes and can start posting then if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it as I'm snowed under with work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

through a selection of unexpected events I found that I could not make the launch {my wife surprised me with a holiday} I am happy to collect or pay postage....just let me know.

I'm over in Dublin on Tuesday and Wednesday. I could collect my copy then if possible?

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm over in Dublin on Tuesday and Wednesday. I could collect my copy then if possible?

whereabouts will you be? Is Leopardstown ok for you? I hope to get envelopes at lunch tomorrow :)

City center mostly. We'll be driving to limerick on Wednesday afternoon. Maybe I can swing by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Have postagecost - €3 must buy envelopes and can start posting then if anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it as I'm snowed under with work :(

I can give a hand ... will be off work from Wed... but post office is across the road from work....so can pop over during a break or quiet time.

Ok finally, postage will be €3.60 including envelope to Ireland. Please pm for address for PayPal and remember you have to pay fees also, otherwise I will have to pay it (happened with a few book lodgments - please do this).

Will put in post as soon as I have money in my PayPal from you - put your name in the reference, otherwise email me receipt with your address for postage.

Thanks,
    Tracy

really sorry it's so late, I haven't had any time believe me its not that I didn't care. No need for more nasty PMs.

Oh and bank transfer is an option too it might be easier if you have online banking.. Just let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks for organising this Tracy, pm sent for paypal address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

really sorry it's so late, I haven't had any time believe me its not that I didn't care. No need for more nasty PMs.

Can't believe it's come to that, disgraceful. PM sent for arrangements.

Thanks to Cork_girl and the team for all the work! ;) Sorry I couldn't make it on the night, look forward to seeing the book!

Ah it's just timing, a pity really but that couldn't be helped. Ball's rolling all over the place now so we'll have more happy people again soon!

No need for more nasty PMs.

:mad: Who would do that?
    PM sent anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

WTF??? that is not nice at all :mad:

I know ya, but look - 8 books are in the post today so onwards and upwards!

Flippity. Got to post-office today and they weighed the book, €6 charge per book and not €3.

So.. revised postage cost of €6.60.

Everyone who has paid so far is ok don't worry about it.

Everyone who has paid so far is ok don't worry about it.

Ah now, can't be leaving you with the bill - it'll add up. Another €3 sent.

• Advertisement

Ah crap just saw this now. I'll send a top up.

Advertisement