Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Collection and Distribution

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cork_girl wrote:
    I will be in Cork close to Christmas or over the Christmas, so can bring books there if you are willing to wait
    This would suit me, PM me nearer the time please & thanks, I suppose I'll just wait a little longer :pac:

When might you be in Cork 'Cork_girl', and I suppose I'm presuming/hoping you have my book ??! If not then not to worry ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Balance paid via Paypal. Thanks Tracy & Happy xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Thanks guys, I'm in Cork now :) Happy Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

im in cork too .... Happy Christmas people ...all the way from the people's republic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I thought you were Dublin o.O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I know ya, but look - 8 books are in the post today so onwards and upwards!

Arrived in Donegal today - thanks! Very high standard, great book! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Got mine today as well. Thanks and well done to all involved.

I thought you were Dublin o.O

All the cool kids go to Cork for Christmas ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I was over with the folks in Wexford for Xmas and as hoping it would arrive before we flew back this evening but no luck. I'll get it at some stage.

5uspect wrote: »
    I was over with the folks in Wexford for Xmas and as hoping it would arrive before we flew back this evening but no luck. I'll get it at some stage.

Probably the Christmas post, 2 got delayed as the post office was closed from 1pm on the 24th and I just missed the door closing :(

To everyone else who hasn't gotten their book yet (and there are a lot of you, 3 boxes..) please get in touch. I want to get these out of my hallway please - I can post or you can collect from Leopardstown. Again, if anyone would like to help.. it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

My folks received mine the other day, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Mine arrived on Thursday, I cannot believe how good it looks, thanks again for all your effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Sent payment on 27th December. Has the book been posted yet?

Kbeg3 wrote: »
    Sent payment on 27th December. Has the book been posted yet?

Just checked my list and no!! Sorry, it's just gone into an envelope and will be posted Monday :)

To everyone else who hasn't gotten their book yet (and there are a lot of you, 3 boxes..) please get in touch. I want to get these out of my hallway please - I can post or you can collect from Leopardstown. Again, if anyone would like to help.. it would be much appreciated.

Bumpity bump - come on folks - do you not want your books?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hi Tracy,
    I hope all the books are now "claimed". Out of curiosity has everyone paid up for the actual books they ordered ? I hope so.
    Thank you for all the time and effort you and the team have put into this.
    The launch night went very well.
    John

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Hi Tracy,
    I hope all the books are now "claimed". Out of curiosity has everyone paid up for the actual books they ordered ? I hope so.
    Thank you for all the time and effort you and the team have put into this.
    The launch night went very well.
    John

Two and a half Boxes of books still in my hallway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

name and shame time yet? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

Two and a half Boxes of books still in my hallway..

I'm no longer one of those - but thanks so much to Cork_girl for sending me mine. Again, very sorry I couldnt' make the launch, and congratulations to all involved, some stunning shots in there.

Ok. It's mid February and I have over 2 boxes of books left. That's right.. two boxes! Do you not want yours?

Get in touch with me, I'll organise postage. It's €6.60 and you'll have your book. My apartment does not need boxes of books and you have paid for them.. such a pity as they are fantastic!

I'm open to suggestions of deadlines and alternative donation ideas for books where people have not even replied to emails/posts 2 months after the launch.

Please get in touch..

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ok. It's mid February and I have over 2 boxes of books left.

That's feicin crazy! Who has not organised to pick up their book?

That's feicin crazy! Who has not organised to pick up their book?

2 BOXES full!! So quite a few unfortunately..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Post names. Someone might be able to do a collect and deliver.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

is there a name to go with every book? by that i mean - would it be a case of some people saying they'd buy more than one but then changed their minds or something..? just an idea.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Post names. Someone might be able to do a collect and deliver.
    The book was sold to an individual. It is their responsibility to pick it up - I don't like listing names and other people taking responsibility for their book. The person themselves should be doing that!
    artyeva wrote: »
    is there a name to go with every book? by that i mean - would it be a case of some people saying they'd buy more than one but then changed their minds or something..? just an idea.
    Nope. All books (bar 2) are paid for. The two people that haven't paid know that they haven't paid and are sitting it out it seems.

Bad form... +1 for name and shame :)

oh. that is bad form. it's a fantastic book. they should be in possession of it - not sitting at home reading about it on this thread and making you trip over it every time you walk through yer hallway :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

OK last offer here.

I'll deliver to City Centre, Northside (Dublin), Mayo or Kerry if there's any of the two boxes for those areas :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Likewise, Meath or Dublin West - I'll deliver them - or Sligo next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

I can hold some here in Trinity if its any use to you and If anybody wants to pop by they can.

J

Sounds great - only thing is I can't get into Trinity during the day to get them to you as I'm based out in Leopardstown!

Post a list of who hasn't collected yet.

Issue a FINAL date and then after that date put the books up for sale again at half price. I might take another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Or give them to a charity shop, if they ain't collected by X date?

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Post a list of who hasn't collected yet.
    Not a lot to be gained by this except satisfy the curiosity of everyone who has already collected theirs. I've emailed everyone - had 3 replies.. I don't believe in naming and shaming.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Issue a FINAL date and then after that date put the books up for sale again at half price. I might take another one.
    These have been paid for - so it's not right (in my opinion) to sell again.
    Or give them to a charity shop, if they ain't collected by X date?
    If not collected (or at least the person has not made contact with a reason why they can't/won't pay the€6.60 postage fee) then I will open a poll and as a forum, decide what will happen to the books. Or, if anyone has the space and patience to take it over, great :)

• Advertisement

You've great patience I have to say.

I suggest for next year.

Payment first to get in the book (including postage)
    Submission by a certain date afterwards.
    Anyone picking up on the night gets their postage back.

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    You've great patience I have to say.

I suggest for next year.

Payment first to get in the book (including postage)
    Submission by a certain date afterwards.
    Anyone picking up on the night gets their postage back.

+1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

I work shifts so there weekends too? Now I'm off from Saturday till March the 4th.

If its any use just shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"Nope. All books (bar 2) are paid for. The two people that haven't paid know that they haven't paid and are sitting it out it seems."

Is one of those that haven't paid from Foxrock ?
    Make sure these 2 are barred from submitting for next year's book. I am sure you are peeed off at this stage Tracy. As for the people who won't pay the postage it seems such a small price to pay after paying for the book in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Who needs books delivered? I'm going to be in various parts of the country between Waterford - Dublin - Limerick and Cork.

• Advertisement

I'm driving to Sligo on Thursday.

Jaysus people loads of offers of free delivery. Why are these not been taken up?

Frustrating isn't it!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Well mine showed up in the post yesterday via a 17,000 KM courier....aka CabanSail.
    The book is stunning. I love it!

I'm getting mine at the weekend. It's been with my parents since the start of the year. Looking forward to seeing it!

It's an absolute disgrace that Cork_Girl has 2 and a half boxes still in her flat.

Past time to get rid of these one way or another. I'll offer to take them to Trim for Danny O'Brien's weekend and sell them for a good cause we're looking to get a few bob for.

And the people who haven't collected should be perma banned from submitting again imo.

Ok..

It's grossly unfair the @Cork_Girl has to hoard these books and decide what might happen them. Plus she's a nice girl too... unlike me. :)

Could someone in authority give us a ruling here. I will pick them up and bring them to Trim for the photo memorial for the great @Valentia, Danny
    O'Brien, a very well respected contributor on here. They will be sold to contribute to a charity set up by Danny shortly before he passed away, RAY Youth Café in Trim.

If people want to claim them fine, otherwise lets make good use of them and not abuse the hospitality of @Cork_Girl ?

T??

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭picaaf

Sorry, i wasn't on this thread, but it's beyond me that people don't pick up their books. I know of people who would love to have a copy and I'd gladly pay full price for that (seeing the full amount donated to the youth café in Trim would be just an extra bonus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

The mind boggles that people would go to the trouble of submitting and paying for a book, but never collect it.

For what it's worth, I say sell them off and donate the money to a charity and since Eyeblinks knows of a good cause, set up by a valued boards.ie member then why not that charity. I might be able to sell at least one book if it helps.

J o e wrote: »
    Bad form... +1 for name and shame :)

bump...

• Advertisement
Advertisement