Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Collection and Distribution

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

J O E - I've already said that I don't see what that will achieve. I have contacted people by email, there has not been a response.

I agree with the above that the books should be donated to charity or resold to make additional money for charity if people do not get in contact with me either by PM or by email to the boardsbook gmail address.

The deadline I am setting is next Friday, the 30th March.

So far it appears people would like to see the proceeds go the the charity above, I don't see why not. I would prefer to see people get in touch, as they have paid for their books. It really is such a pity

Edit: Final email just sent out with the deadline date :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Are the outstanding people regulars, or randomers who don't frequent the Photography forum or even boards.ie? Would it be possible to have a front page announcement as one final attempt to get the message out.

Also, name and shame...

5uspect wrote: »
    Are the outstanding people regulars, or randomers who don't frequent the Photography forum or even boards.ie? Would it be possible to have a front page announcement as one final attempt to get the message out.

Also, name and shame...

A mixture of regulars and randomers. All of the people have been emailed to the account they used to send in their photos, so I would imagine that they are as likely to see that as a notice, but everything helps! :)

Perhaps start a thread in the main forum, it can be easy to miss things in the subfora. A name and shame list there would be worthwhile, noting the deadline.

Perhaps start a thread in the main forum, it can be easy to miss things in the subfora. A name and shame list there would be worthwhile, noting the deadline.

Feel free to start a thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

If these go up for sale after the 30th I would love to buy one, mist the launch night for these :(.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I cant believe that people could be so flippant about wasting your time on this Cork_Girl. Bad manners really, and maybe they should be asked politely not to enlist for the 2012 edition!

A few people have gotten in touch, please don't miss this deadline folks..

• Advertisement

Did they have any excuse?

Today is the deadline folks.. I won't have the books after today so there won't be any point in PM's with sob stories!

Perhaps for the expression of interest/submissions to next book people will have to agree to a set deadline for collection so that doesn't happen again.

Perhaps for the expression of interest/submissions to next book people will have to agree to a set deadline for collection so that doesn't happen again.

Next year people I think people should pay for postage when they pay for the book and if they collect on the night, get a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Next year people I think people should pay for postage when they pay for the book and if they collect on the night, get a refund.

A double thumbs up for that idea.

And payment when commiting to take part (so even before submission of the picture) is out of question anyhow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Today is the deadline folks.. I won't have the books after today so there won't be any point in PM's with sob stories!
    How many left and what happens to them?
    Could they be given to a local school, charity shop or similar for free?
    I like the idea of a school- a kid gets a free book, it may spawn an interest in photography....
    I'm happy to take them and do so if still available. I'll be in Dublin on Tuesday, staying in The Morgan hotel overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just reading through the last few pages of the thread. I got an email about the uncollected books but I got mine on the launch night.

So I'm not sure if it was a generic email sent out to everyone or if you thought I had paid but not collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just reading through the last few pages of the thread. I got an email about the uncollected books but I got mine on the launch night.

So I'm not sure if it was a generic email sent out to everyone or if you thought I had paid but not collected.

I went through the same self doubt and PM'ed Cork_Girl, even though I have a copy of the book right in front of me. The EMail was sent to everyone.
    Neither you nor I have lost our minds, we did actually pay up and receive our books. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I'd say it was just easier to email everyone on the list than dividing it manually up - there was enough time wasted due to people not bothering collecting.

And I think no harm in giving everyone a heads up about the issues involved this time so that people understand / accept a change of procedure for this years edition that hopefully will be done despite all the hassle involved.

(my 2 cents)

xia wrote: »
    I'd say it was just easier to email everyone on the list than dividing it manually up - there was enough time wasted due to people not bothering collecting.

And I think no harm in giving everyone a heads up about the issues involved this time so that people understand / accept a change of procedure for this years edition that hopefully will be done despite all the hassle involved.

(my 2 cents)

^^ Spot on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

All books have now found good homes :D

To the one person who didn't pay at all (you know who are :() I hope you're banned from ever submitting again.

• Advertisement

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    To the one person who didn't pay at all (you know who are :() I hope you're banned from ever submitting again.

To me the ban is a fact.

Advertisement