Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War of the Worlds

Options
  • 26-10-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Just picked this up on xbla, and so far after about 20 minutes I'm quite impressed. Both the setting and ambience are great. The first time I heard the martian horn, it brought back some childhood nightmares.

Seems to play like flashback, and is quite difficult with a lot of precision platforming. I've already died a fair few times.

800 points sounds like quite a reasonable price too. Anyone else given this a go yet?

Oh and Patrick Stewart narrates.. which imho is a very good thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

UUUULLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I didn't even realise there was a War Of The Worlds game. I really must investigate. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Wayne's muscial take on the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just played the demo there, and it's really not my cup of tea. Crazy dark, which reminds me of Limbo (from the videos I'v seen, as I haven't played Limbo), and the purposely stiff controls remind me of Flashback.

As you mentioned though, Patrick Stewart sounds great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Damn I love war of the worlds but my Xbox keeps signing out due to crappy eircom service :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I was looking forward to it until I played the demo the other day, felt a bit slow and clunky for my taste. Maybe it gets better later? Over all it was like a poor mans limbo to me . Even Patrick Stewart didn't do it for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Only 2/5 from Joystiq :(

I hadn't heard of it until Giant Bomb did a quick look recently, but I liked the look of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bought it after the demo but it's not great. Kinda like a poor man's Flashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I liked the demo (great art style), but I'll pick it up on sale for 400 around Christmas. :)

Advertisement