Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we being played

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Bristolian wrote: »
    No one has pinned an illegal act on Sean. He is a good man who is a fairly typical Irish businessman and has been involved in some wheeling and dealing but nothing illegal. His big sin in the eyes of the D4 media and the liberal elite is that he once a member of Fianna Fail.

McGuinness and Sinn Fein/IRA are a different story altogether. What they have done since 1969 when they hijacked the peaceful, and likely to be successful, civil rights campaign is appalling, disgusting and unforgivable. They have dragged this country through the mud and held back our progress as a nation. They are two faced, smug bullies and what they have done to Gallagher is typical of what they do to people who dare to question them.

Sinn Fein are a real threat to our future democracy and the civil rights we enjoy in this country. We will bring ourselves a whole world of trouble if we let them get any real power. They compare themselves with Collins, De Valera and other patriots. But those heroes of our past did not kill babies or innocent civilians indiscriminately.

The first thing we can do to stop the Sinn Fein rot is to vote Gallagher today.

The first thing you should do is learn some Irish history, Also ffor your information its fianna fail who thinks its smug trying to hoodwink the people again with there backdoor candidate, SG was caught out, now put him up there with the rest of your hall of shame from CJH to Bertie Ahearn. he fits right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Bristolian wrote: »
    No one has pinned an illegal act on Sean. He is a good man who is a fairly typical Irish businessman and has been involved in some wheeling and dealing but nothing illegal.

A breach of company law is, by definition, illegal. It doesn't stop being illegal just because he avoided prosecution.

More dodgy business practices reported in The Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1025/1224306447427.html
    As noted, Beach House is essentially a small company used for Mr Gallagher’s personal finances. Mr Gallagher was asked through his spokesman last week what account he was referring to in his interview and when exactly the loan was repaid. As of last night he had not answered.

There is another curious aspect about the Beach House accounts. They say that it is owed €49,975 from Surf Seeds Ltd, a snack food company Mr Gallagher invested in as a result of the Dragons’ Den programme. The accounts say Beach House is a 10 per cent shareholder of Surf Seeds. But the company filings for Surf Seeds say Mr Gallagher is a 10 per cent shareholder. They do not mention Beach House. There was no response from Mr Gallagher when asked through his spokesman about the Surf Seeds issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

Snakeblood wrote: »
    LordSutch wrote: »
    And McGuinness is is what :rolleyes:

Not the only alternative to a corrupt liar?

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

And you don't try and rewrite his post. The civil rights movement was peaceful ant they had violence perpetrated against them.

The IRA used Bloody Sunday as a recruiting tool for their aims, which were totally different to those of the Civil Rights movement, which was primarily about fairness not republicanism.

The IRA didn't do anything that's why there was a split as the people needed protection from the Brits and loyalists.In fact in the early 70,s the IRA stood for I Ran Away. And while jack lynch of fianna fail was saying they would not stand idly by as more & more catholics were been killed.The people went and armed themselves and formed the provisionals, Don't know where you people get your information from :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Shady business practices? Are we talking about the "loan" here? That was explained. That said you'd be hard pushed to find a single SME that has always fully complied with tax and corporate governance legislation. The reality is that in business shortcuts are often taken and mistakes are regularly made.

Should an error that was rectified as soon as it was noticed really be held against someone?

He has more dodgy dealings than this and it has been discussed at length.

And of course the bit that was explained was not adequately explained.

My opinion is that none of it is adequately explained and most of the reasons why it is dodgy were put out there on the frontline on Monday by Mitchell and the other woman/business owner in the audience.

Mistakes are sometimes made, more often than not mistakes aren't actually mistakes and the only mistake was that it was caught when the person that owns the company benefits from it. It is funny that these businesses rarely make mistakes that cost them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

realies wrote: »
    The first thing you should do is learn some Irish history,

A tabloid view on things is quite common when it comes to Irish history on these forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

realies wrote: »
    Don't know where you people get your information from :confused::confused::confused:

They get their information from the British and Irish partitionist version. I fully believe that a lot of them don't realise that.
    The genius of SF running in this election was to open a few eyes, I'm not sure if that was the intention, but the 'opened eyes' will be evident in their growth figure. The bolthole of partition must be getting very tight and restricting when a Shinner stands up and is counted again, 'The Golf outing exposed and a stealth FF candidate exposed. Who has Ireland's real welfare at the heart of it's agenda again?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

brownswiss wrote: »

Wonder what odds one would get on Impeachment of Gallagher in a few months time. ?

I would love that so much. It would be worth FFailure (cough) winning the election if a load of dirt came out about Gallagher afterwards. It might give the slow learners that make up a large proportion of our electorate something to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Just out of curiosity, how many Tribunals have SF politicians featured in ?
    Any sign of the mahon tribunal reporting ?

• Advertisement

anymore wrote: »
    To be fair, SF have never been in government down here so haven't had the chance to be corrupted by power. FFailure took the chance they were given with both hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

What this election has really proved to me, is that there is no point low enough for FF to sink to.

FF realise that they are a toxic brand.

So, they play to their strengths and try to deceive the public. Running a candidate under the guise of an "independent" tag. Disgusting.

They really do believe that the general public are, in the main, morons. The arrogance is astounding.

This is how we are being played, and the sooner FF disappear, the better for this country.

jprender wrote: »
    They really do believe that the general public are, in the main, morons. The arrogance is astounding.
    And until 2 days ago, Gallagher was a shoe-in to become president. Do you blame FFailure for their attitude towards the electorate, when they've been proven right for decades?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

What this election has really proved to me, is that there is no point low enough for FF to sink to.

So, they play to their strengths and try to deceive the public. Running a candidate under the guise of an "independent" tag. Disgusting.

This is how we are being played, and the sooner FF disappear, the better for this country.

Did you see the election literature for FF in the last election? If they could have completely removed the words 'fianna fail' from the posters, they would have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I agree with both of you.

And FF will never change the way they operate. They simply can't. It's the way the FF machine has been built.

This is why they should never be allowed to rise again. That sort of politics should have no place in Ireland's future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

What are you talking about? FF are not running a candidate - in no way is FF HQ involved with the Gallagher campaign. That is fact.
    Snakeblood wrote: »
    Did you see the election literature for FF in the last election? If they could have completely removed the words 'fianna fail' from the posters, they would have.

FF logo is there to be seen on David McGuinness's campaign literature in Dublin West.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? FF are not running a candidate - in no way is FF HQ involved with the Gallagher campaign. That is fact.

Well that proves it then - he's totally independent... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear you crowing when he gets elected! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Well that proves it then - he's totally independent... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear you crowing when he gets elected! :pac:

Have you been following my posts at all? I clearly highlighted a few days ago that when he does get elected FF members should not try and claim it as a victory for the party considering he is not running under the party banner.

Have you been following my posts at all? I clearly highlighted a few days ago that when he does get elected FF members should not try and claim it as a victory for the party considering he is not running under the party banner.

My apologies, I haven't seen your posts on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Different companies having different accounts is not exactly surprising.

I understand that the mainstream Left regard most wealthy businessmen who enter politics as 'evil capitalists' who can only have gotten where they are by pulling fast ones so I will put it down to that.
    I was hoping SG would win at the outset of this campaign as I thought "that's what we need, a businessman who knows about creating wealth, not another career politician who has never had a pay cheque that didn't originate from the taxes of ordinary people"...but SG was not being fully open with us. He was/is firmly a member of the political classes and FF at that.

He clearly tried to distance himself and IMO what he portrayed was largely false. I woul now rather someone else won (not McGuinness or that nutter Dana however).

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Sean Gallagher a guy who is gene pool FF and has been heavily involved with them for nearly 30 years in varying roles - Director of Election, headhunting guys for fundraisers for 5K a head, (twice) National Executive member, Political Secretary for Rory O Hanlon, leader of Ogra in Cavan, appointed to numerous quangos, launched the campaigns of multiple TDs in the last general election, also was seen on the campaign trail with FF leader Michael Martin, pocketing 5K a go for utilizing his FF links to fix grants for GAA clubs, FFers out cavassing for Gallagher in this election, etc, etc, etc.

You are telling me that the FF HQ have no involvement with Gallagher? Lmao, I would put serious money on this having been discussed/orchestrated at the very top of FF. Sure Gallagher has been FFs most popular face for a good few years now and he is in with all the top brass. He has lied multiple times about his level of FF involvement and particularly his involvement since 2009 when he supposedly resigned from the party. You are naive if you think FF aren't in volved in his campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Sean Gallagher a guy who is gene pool FF and has been heavily involved with them for nearly 30 years in varying roles - Director of Election, headhunting guys for fundraisers for 5K a head, (twice) National Executive member, Political Secretary for Rory O Hanlon, leader of Ogra in Cavan, appointed to numerous quangos, launched the campaigns of multiple TDs in the last general election, also was seen on the campaign trail with FF leader Michael Martin, pocketing 5K a go for utilizing his FF links to fix grants for GAA clubs, FFers out cavassing for Gallagher in this election, etc, etc, etc.

the very definition of a grass-roots member (he would have you believe!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

murphaph wrote: »
    I was hoping SG would win at the outset of this campaign as I thought "that's what we need, a businessman who knows about creating wealth, not another career politician who has never had a pay cheque that didn't originate from the taxes of ordinary people"...but SG was not being fully open with us. He was/is firmly a member of the political classes and FF at that.

He clearly tried to distance himself and IMO what he portrayed was largely false. I woul now rather someone else won (not McGuinness or that nutter Dana however).

yes, he "deserted" FF like a rat from a sinking ship when he realised they would be no help to his agenda. He would have got a bit of respect if he had showed his backbone and stood his ground as a FFailer.

but I suppose he ran out of his business also did he not when the going got tough? correct me if I'm wrong.

last thing we need is a yellowbelly as president

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭brownswiss

maybe if you look through the posts and the polls you might discover FF were correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

last thing we need is a yellowbelly as president

A slur on all Wexford people!

You are telling me that the FF HQ have no involvement with Gallagher? Lmao, I would put serious money on this having been discussed/orchestrated at the very top of FF. Sure Gallagher has been FFs most popular face for a good few years now and he is in with all the top brass. He has lied multiple times about his level of FF involvement and particularly his involvement since 2009 when he supposedly resigned from the party. You are naive if you think FF aren't in volved in his campaign.

Actually until the envelope slip FFailurs were having a great laugh about the possible election of their man

I think you are correct we as Fianna Fail'rs should be very carefull once we get our man elected not to gloat publicly. I'm glad you have highlighted this to our members would have a great dilema.

brownswiss wrote: »

I think you are correct we as Fianna Fail'rs should be very carefull once we get our man elected not to gloat publicly. I'm glad you have highlighted this to our members who would have a great dilema.

.....................................................................................

Enjoy the victory ... the celebrations will be short lived

You are telling me that the FF HQ have no involvement with Gallagher? Lmao, I would put serious money on this having been discussed/orchestrated at the very top of FF.

Yes - that is exactly what I am telling you. I know for a fact that FF HQ are not involved in the campaign.

He has his own campaign team who are running his campaign. Yes, there may be FF members on that team but there are also members of other political parties on the team too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

anymore wrote: »

When they're SF members they're usually called trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It was a hit job by Sinn Fein to help Labour win the presidency, in a bid for a future left alliance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Min wrote: »
    It was a hit job by Sinn Fein to help Labour win the presidency, in a bid for a future left alliance.

using AKA water pistols

Advertisement